• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World |OT| Next-gen starts right meow!

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Wow, between this and RE:Revelations I've been playing a shit ton of vidyagames lately! Cat suit is so much fun. It diminishes all other power-ups in my eyes.

I got to the part where you unlock Mii-Ghosts, and it's a lot of fun to race strangers around the courses. Are friends more likely to show up though? I'd love to ghost-ride the whip with y'all.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Why sacrifice power for a controller two consoles in a row so you go from being the leaders in graphics to last place?
Nintendo 101: they don't sacrifice power for a controller, they build assets on their console they can reuse on their next handheld.

So rarely does my hype feel truly justified when games release these days, but playing this and ALBW tonight will go down as one of my favourite gaming memories. The quality in these two releases is staggering. How so many can express hate toward this company is beyond me.

And holy shit.. that music.

So rarely does my hype feel truly justified when games release these days, but playing this and ALBW tonight will go down as one of my favourite gaming memories. The quality in these two releases is staggering. How so many can express hate toward this company is beyond me.

And holy shit.. that music.

Yep. They do the 1st party software right, that's for damn sure. Had so much fun with 3D World tonight. Can't wait to dive into Zelda more later.

Very awesome! Played a little NSMBU while i waited for my 3D World download to complete and then just played the first level with all 4 characters while my boyfriend slept. We'll def be playing this together so I didn't want to jump ahead :)

Anyhow, now I have a WiiU and no friends so add me if you'd like! my NNID is : INCITEMAYBE

You can just request friendship I hope!

Sent from my cool gamepad.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I'm guessing framerate dips on (World 3 spoilers)
Bullet Bill Express
are normal? I just want to make sure my Wii U isn't shitting the bed.

liger05

Not played my wii u in ages but just wanted to see does this game have the gamepad replicate whats on the screen like NSMBU did. Want to turn that off if possible?

Nintendo sent out an email with the subject title only saying MEOW

destructoid 10

BUY MEOW link

I got to wait a few more hours until my deposit clears to buy

I think this sums everything up.

1474640_10151765034806674_948108399_n.jpg

:p

linko9

Just put in 4 hours, think it's time for bed. Great stuff so far. I think the first 5 worlds are a bit more challenging than the first 5 of 3D land, but still pretty easy. Real fun though. Can't wait for the crazy stuff later on. Looks a lot better than I expected, and the music is just great. I like this soundtrack more than Galaxy, though I was never a huge fan of that one.

Eusis

How seriously are GamePad features used in this, or am I not going to miss out much on using the Pro Controller? The more time I spend with that the more I think it's just too large/heavy to really be comfortable as a controller.

How seriously are GamePad features used in this, or am I not going to miss out much on using the Pro Controller? The more time I spend with that the more I think it's just too large/heavy to really be comfortable as a controller.

not much, still need it for a few things as requirement but not major

japtor

Tried nunchuck out for a level for the hell of it and the muscle memory just wasn't there for it for me. Running and basic stuff was fine, but doing the other tricks like the roll/spin and cat attacks felt really weird. Remote alone gives you the awkward crouch button (B) although you can waggle too...I wonder if the MK wheel would actually make it comfortable cause the big B cover on it. I've been primarily playing with the gamepad or Pro Controller.
I'm guessing framerate dips on (World 3 spoilers)
Bullet Bill Express
are normal? I just want to make sure my Wii U isn't shitting the bed.
I don't think I saw any there but so much shit was happening I just might not have noticed. I did see one on an earlier level though. Hell if I remember the name so no point spoilering, but basically it was some underwater one. During a certain part after entering the water, turning the camera to the right temporarily slowed it down noticeably.
what about the stages where you need the game pad?
You curse Nintendo for using those gimmicks and begrudgingly switch to the gamepad temporarily.

Although through the first three worlds I think I've only seen it required on one level other than the Captain Toad ones, and I think it was on a branching path so technically it could've been skipped entirely and come back to later.

chris121580

Man, it's just the little details in this game that are so great. I took a koopa troopas shell and threw it over the cliff. When he watched it happen, he shook his head in disappointment and frustration. Hilarious seeing the enemies having some personality

tkscz

Beat world 1 with all Green stars and stamps. Loving this game thus far and dear lord is it ever beautiful. And I mean that from both a tech and art stance.

Krabboss

Why? There are a lot of great games to play. What more do people want? I just don't get it.

Maybe if you own no other consoles or a PC there's a lot of great games. If you've been playing games before 2013, the Wii U still only has like 4 good games. And some of them may not be to a person's tastes.

MDX

Maybe if you own no other consoles or a PC there's a lot of great games. If you've been playing games before 2013, the Wii U still only has like 4 good games. And some of them may not be to a person's tastes.

Doesn't the Wii U have like 200 games, plus the backlog of the Wii?
You are saying there are only 4 games worth playing on it? Come on.

This part doesn't make sense. Good games are still good games even if you can play them elsewhere.

Chojin

Picking up my preorder at lunch. Have to trade in some games because I sent 400 dollars to my relatives in the Philippines. Thanks typhoon :(

Ah well, after work it'll be mario heaven.

Edit: not to mention this survey site I go to get gift cards, will only let me cash out that particular gift card once a quarter :( Already did it for GTAV

mackattk

Trying to order this game online at Toys R Us for in-store pickup and their B1G1 40% deal. Online says all stores close to me are out of stock....

d1rtn4p

Disappointed in Amazon. They've always had games to me on release day, doesn'l look like the case with this one though. Hasn't even shipped yet.

Man, it's just the little details in this game that are so great. I took a koopa troopas shell and threw it over the cliff. When he watched it happen, he shook his head in disappointment and frustration. Hilarious seeing the enemies having some personality

I noticed that too. His disappointment made me feel worse than when I cease his existence and turn him into a coin. So weird.

Raw64life

So let us begin one of the longest work days in the history of 2013...

Especially since I start a 9 day vacation after today. Amazon originally had my order scheduled to arrive Tuesday but now it says Saturday..........which is still not today. Going to try my luck at retail at lunch time.

Mecca

Why do people not want to play with the GamePad? I rather like it. Very comfortable.

Maybe it's my huge hands.

The gamepad is cool and all, but I'm used to using a controller and I prefer that above anything else. I did the same thing with WW and just used the gamepad for the map.

This part doesn't make sense. Good games are still good games even if you can play them elsewhere.
More than that, he seems to imply that some of the Wii U's good games are ports... when anyone who knows anything knows that the Wii U got some lazy, stank-ass ports for the most part.

Wii U has the most exclusive games of next gen right now and the vast majority of good games on the Wii U are exclusive to the platform. All there is to it. There's no accounting for taste, but the genres are certainly varied.

RaikuHebi

Banned
GiantBomb's Quick Look spoiled the final look of the World Map, which shows what the post-game content is (it is what most people suspected).

Top Bottom