• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

Castor Krieg said:
So you need to double-dip? Screw it then.

No, that is not it.

It is initially PC only, but will be PC/Mac once the Mac version exists. Steam supports this kind of thing with Steamplay.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
weepy said:
Is there any way I can save the game manually without the autosave feature? I just returned to my gave with almost half of my A levels gone. Color me upset...

yeah this sux I keep getting burned by it as well. If you get a bandage and then die, basically you are risking the bug. I've modified my play style to keep playing for the bandage if this happens, then when finished exit the level. IF it's marked as collected, immediately quit the game from the menu and start it again.

it's a pain, but not as bad as doing 10+ levels, getting bandages, then next time you log in you have to do it again. Can't imagine this happening if you unlocked the kid and then next time he's not selectable.

Keyser Soze said:
Hooray...

rhl6c9.jpg

I think I will stop playing for a while. Hands hurts, and it looks like World 7 will be a bitch!

I really wish that there was some kind of avatar award for beating absolutely everything, or at the very least clearing all of the Dark World levels. That way people would be able to show off that they managed it, and have an avatar item that not many others do.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I've reached 77% after having to redo a bunch of dark world and Cotton Alley stages that didn't save. Ugh! That's so frustrating!

I think I'm approaching the limits of my abilities and/or patience. Maybe I'll be able to hit 85%, maybe.

Glix

I can't get ANY of my friends to buy this (except one, who only has a wii, of course) and it makes me hate them and not want to be friends with them anymore.

I'm okay with my buddies not having the same tastes as me, but this is crossing the line! :lol

OnPoint

Mr. Minecraft looks awesome. I don't know if I can double dip, but it really is tempting.

Glix said:
I can't get ANY of my friends to buy this (except one, who only has a wii, of course) and it makes me hate them and not want to be friends with them anymore.

I'm okay with my buddies not having the same tastes as me, but this is crossing the line! :lol

Refer them to my contest and maybe it won't cost them anything.

Godslay

Banned
PhoenixSFT said:
All you have to do is jump to the little bit of the side platform Meat Boy is standing on in the photo, then slide down, and easily avoid the buzzsaws.

Don't even jump, just fall off the edge and slightly move to the right and to the left.

Salsa

GWX said:
Awesome. I can't freaking wait.

man for the last half hour ive been trying to guess who will they be :lol

i want the knytt (the original, not Juni from knytt stories)

Knytt.png

and i want Pixel to give them the right to use Quote. Maybe after he sees how big the game is he'll finally give in ? kinda weird that he didnt allowed it at first.

Glix said:

Same deal here. I can't figure out why all the people on my friends list who normally eat up retro games aren't buying this. Add me: Radarscope1

Scarecrow

Excellent! I beat the final boss on dark world mode. I think that'll do me for a while. I've got some other stuff I need to put down before Black Ops comes out.

Dan

Can I quit after beating the dark world boss and come back to the escape later? Or do you have to do the whole fucking thing again? My hand is KILLING me. I can't get passed the cited worst part of the stage and I don't particularly want to keep the system on for eons until I'm ready to give it another try.

Scarecrow

Dan said:
Can I quit after beating the dark world boss and come back to the escape later? Or do you have to do the whole fucking thing again? My hand is KILLING me. I can't get passed the cited worst part of the stage and I don't particularly want to keep the system on for eons until I'm ready to give it another try.
god, I hated that part in the video. I don't think you can just go back to it later. That would be going easy on the player. My strategy for that part is to jump and be sliding up the wall, with meat boy on the wall exactly as the saw is in the 3 o'clock position. It doesn't always work, but it occasionally did with me.

Dan

Scarecrow said:
god, I hated that part in the video. I don't think you can just go back to it later. That would be going easy on the player. My strategy for that part is to jump and be sliding up the wall, with meat boy on the wall exactly as the saw is in the 3 o'clock position. It doesn't always work, but it occasionally did with me.
Yeah, that helped. I kept at it and beat it :D The rest of the stage was pretty much a cakewalk, just that one area was a bitch. I only needed a couple tries on the rest.

Up to 81%. How high will I go...

Gilby

I'm gonna buy this as soon as it comes out on Wii! Quick question though: are there any major differences between this and the original? I don't see anything, but that's not really a bad thing :)

Gilby said:
I'm gonna buy this as soon as it comes out on Wii! Quick question though: are there any major differences between this and the original? I don't see anything, but that's not really a bad thing :)

Controls way better, alternate characters with their own abilities, way more levels, better everything graphics/music/presentation-wise.

Salsa

Gilby said:

from OP:

SalsaShark said:
Q: Why should I pay for this? Its free on Newgrounds!

A: It's not the same game idiot, die in a carpet fire.

:D

autobzooty said:
When is this game coming out on PC? Is there anything more specific than "November"? Cos it's November now.
wow this comment brings me back.

I remember playing Super Meatboy back when it was a free flash installer... oh the good ol' days.

So i tried out the demo on XBLA and sure enough i loved it just as much as teh Pc flash version, so i grabbed it while it was still 800 MS points. So worth it. So Good.

Beezy

I did half of the Cotton Alley light stages earlier today and now the game is showing that I haven't done any EVEN THOUGH MY LEADERBOARD TIMES ARE STILL THERE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE. WTF. This better not happen again. I never wanted to replay these levels. :|

The Hermit

Whoa, I was playing Bit.Trip.Runner and when I reached to level 3-8 MEAT FUCKING BOY is in the background cheering for me. He even has his blood trail... awesome!! :D

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
This game is incredible. This is the first really punishing platformer I've played since N+ and I have to say that I like it even better than that game. At first I thought the unlockable characters would be just a useless extra, but there are levels or bandages that fit certain characters. While trying for par times I've also noticed that the levels are easier to get through if you just rush like hell. There are numerous levels where enemies aren't even an issue if you're fast enough.

The concept of the light/dark worlds is really well thought out. I always force myself to at least complete 5 or so dark levels before taking on the next light world, because those levels then seem easy by comparison.

Minor complaint: I could do without 'warp zoooone' every time I have to re-enter one :/

Anyone have tips for the bandages in the 3-7 warp zone, Tunnel Vision? Even with walljumping, I don't see how you're supposed to grab one of those and make it back to the wall.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Creamium said:
Anyone have tips for the bandages in the 3-7 warp zone, Tunnel Vision? Even with walljumping, I don't see how you're supposed to grab one of those and make it back to the wall.

which one is this? is that the keys floating around one?

If so, the answer is, it's possible to make it back to the wall, you just have to work on the height at which you jump out from and the time you turn back, you will land quite far down the wall and from memory should be jumping from below the level of the bandage.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
catfish said:
which one is this? is that the keys floating around one?

If so, the answer is, it's possible to make it back to the wall, you just have to work on the height at which you jump out from and the time you turn back, you will land quite far down the wall and from memory should be jumping from below the level of the bandage.

it's the one at the very end of this vid

I've found a bandage guide just now and you have to walljump back and forth but it's easier said than done.

Dan

Creamium said:
it's the one at the very end of this vid

I've found a bandage guide just now and you have to walljump back and forth but it's easier said than done.
Yup, just crazy wall jumping skills. On the bright side, the rest of that warp zone is a piece of cake, so you only have to worry about the bandages. I found these to be easier than a lot of others I've managed. Even just split them up and do them on different passes to save some stress.

saelz8

Team Meat Twitter - Attention Internets: The Steam Version of Super Meat Boy will have 30+ achievements! all legit, most rejected by MS for their difficulty.

Davey Cakes

PhoenixSFT said:
FINALLY got The Kid. I may slam him into some buzzsaws just to spite him.
The first of The Kid's levels was definitely the hardest for me. I must've died a hundred times there. It was really just the second wall-jumping section that got me though. All other deaths were from silly mistakes.

Similarly, it was the the second descending platform in his second level that caused most of my deaths. The timing was tough for me, where it wasn't for the first ascending platform.

The third level was the easiest, but I died a lot purely from exhaustion and the feeling of "I just want to get this over with." Basically, getting The Kid is as much a test of patience as it is one of skill. You have to be willing to develop your strategy, which may require death upon death upon death. The challenges weren't actually "unfair" like some of those in I Wanna Be the Guy, but the difficulty was up there with that game for sure.

webrunner

Well let's think: what Indie darlings aren't playable yet:

- Dwarf Fortress (if minecraft works...)
- La Mulana
- Cave Story
- Noitu Love
- An Untitled Story (they already have ogmo.. )
- Knytt
- Eversion
- VVVVVV
- Iji
- Fez
- Shank
- Deathspank
- Darwinia (already cameo)
- Canabalt
- Dozens of japanese things (like Bunny Must Die) that i don't see happening
- Limbo

My top 3 guesses would be VVVVVV and Eversion and possibly the chick from Untitled Story.

Actually if VVVVVV doesn't make it, I bet there's a story of why.

Goddam Cotton Alley I hate thee! 5 levels I just cannot do :/

It's amazing I am still playing this, as it is sooo not my kinda game, I too rubbish to beat games like this... but still I go on. At least playing Cotton Alley seems to be making better at earlier dark world levels!

The fact I am around 4500 on the leaderboard amazes me, as I am always around 20,000+ in every other game I play

Wizpig

Probably a Goo ball from World of Goo as a PC character?

Btw:

the title update for the xbla version is being finished this week and hopefully will be up soon.

the xbla title update will fix all known bugs and also release with 20 new levels for the internets and a new music track.

Top Bottom