• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

snack said:
I'm using the exact same. Hmm... Try plugging in the PS3 first then turning on the MotionJoy application. Sometimes when doing it the other way around, the game won't recognize the controller.
Restarting MotionJoy fixed it :D.

joesmokey

Easy_D said:
I get the opposite actually :lol. Sound is way too loud and full of static.

Edit: Holy shit, crazy impossibly high values, pic incoming

No pic, I guess, but sound was at around 400k out of 100. Changed it to 100 for both and it seems to be sticking.
I get this too.

Finally caved and bought the Steam version, wish I would've purchased during the sale, ah well.

I'm having a blast so far though. The bandage on dark world 1-14 took me so many tries to get :lol. I love how easy it is to replay a level though, makes it so much less frustrating.

denomes

I think that stage 19, "The Queener", in the Forest dark world is bugged for me. The level features a scrolling chainsaw that follows you. When I spawn, the chainsaws are already on top of me and I die instantly.

Is this the case for anyone else? I'm playing on Steam.

MNC

denomes said:
I think that stage 19, "The Queener", in the Forest dark world is bugged for me. The level features a scrolling chainsaw that follows you. When I spawn, the chainsaws are already on top of me and I die instantly.

Is this the case for anyone else? I'm playing on Steam.
I had this as well. It helped when I went to meddetail. The framerate actually desynced my game on high...

This may be all over in this post already, but I noticed at gamestop today its only $9.99 for the downloadable content code on xbl. Asked em to price check it and they said 9.99 is the price in store

denomes

MNC said:
I had this as well. It helped when I went to meddetail. The framerate actually desynced my game on high...

Thanks! I figured out another solution as well. Using D3DOverrider I enabled both vsync and triple frame buffering and it has made a world of difference in this game. Levels where I used to experience slowdown now run silky smooth and it also fixed my issue in "The Queener". Most importantly, it VASTLY improved the responsive of my controls.

I remember another GAFer reporting that triple frame buffering produced negative effects with SMB but it was a total game-changer for me. I recommend anyone having issues with the game to try enabling vsync at the very least.

UrbanRats

snack said:
The PS3 D-Pad is very precise. There's no way I'm playing this game on the PC with the 360 analog. I can't stand it.

Uhm, i just had two crashes while trying to install the motion joy(signed)drivers.
Whatever, does that rockband/Nes pad need motionjoy to work? Cause if not, if it's plug n play, i'll just take that one and get it over with.

Holepunch

Well I was looking forward to speedrunning this game and competing on the leaderboards. Sadly it looks like the leaderboards are buggy as hell as well as already getting hacked as well as full of Steve and Team Meat hasn't mentioned fixing any one of those yet. Very disappointing.

snack

UrbanRats said:
Uhm, i just had two crashes while trying to install the motion joy(signed)drivers.
Whatever, does that rockband/Nes pad need motionjoy to work? Cause if not, if it's plug n play, i'll just take that one and get it over with.
What version of Windows are you running on?

UrbanRats

snack said:
What version of Windows are you running on?
win 7 64bit.
i probably fucked up somewhere, but i don't know where.
after i click on "Load" in the driver manager tab (in the motion joy window) it does load them up, after a few seconds, it says "SUCCESS" (or somthing) then there's the sound of Win finding some HW (like when you connect an usb) and bam, blu screen.

Just tried the DS3 with the game. So far I've tried the Wiimote, Classic Controller Pro, and DS3 and all of them work great.

Never had success with the 360 controller emulation but its working perfectly now. Good because I picked up Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light during the Steam sale and didn't really like it with Mouse and Keyboard.

Hooray, 100% on the 360 version! 8369 deaths. Need to get my times down now.

Will likely get the PC version as well at some point, but I need to recover first!

Volcynika

Holepunch said:
Well I was looking forward to speedrunning this game and competing on the leaderboards. Sadly it looks like the leaderboards are buggy as hell as well as already getting hacked as well as full of Steve and Team Meat hasn't mentioned fixing any one of those yet. Very disappointing.

Well bugs that crash the game come first, sooooooooo yeah.

snack

UrbanRats said:
win 7 64bit.
i probably fucked up somewhere, but i don't know where.
after i click on "Load" in the driver manager tab (in the motion joy window) it does load them up, after a few seconds, it says "SUCCESS" (or somthing) then there's the sound of Win finding some HW (like when you connect an usb) and bam, blu screen.
Try reinstalling MotionJoy. See if that helps.

Holepunch

Volcynika said:
Well bugs that crash the game come first, sooooooooo yeah.

I get that, and realize I sound ungrateful. Just a passing comment on intention to fix leaderboards eventually would be nice. I guess I'm just bummed because it's what I was intending to now do with this game, and now it's replay value significantly shrunk for me.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
From their Twitter, they just bought a super shitty eMachines at WalMart to test some of the crashes people have been reporting. Looks like they have a few fixes incoming.

Anyone else just get a steam update? Game crashed between Brownie cutscene and race and when steam came up it looked like the game was updating for a moment. (Went back in and the game didn't crash after the cutscene).
SuperMeatBoy said:
@big1987foot An update is going up now that addresses and fixes this.
Looks like it was. (this was posted in reference to sound issues)

UrbanRats

snack said:
Okay. Let's word it another way. Were you getting BSODs before these patches? :p
Ah, i don't know, since this is the first time i try to install Motion Joy, and both [crashes] were after the patch, IIRC.
I don't quite understand what SMB have to do with it, though.. i mean, motion joy is not strictly related to SMB, and i get the BSOD when i try to load the drivers, i don't even get to open the game. :p

On a side note, just reached "Hell" (with the dirty 360 controller) no A+ (except incidental ones) nor bandages or dark worlds, for now, but i die A LOT anyway, no need to add more pain to it, for the moment. :lol
I've stopped using the analog stick, cause i couldn't possibly complete salt factory with it, even though the 360 dpad is atrocious, it's still better.

UrbanRats

Fucking fans, i hate them!
hate hate hate them.. i'm gonna go and throw away all the fans in the house.. burn them or something.

classicdms

Neo Member
I've been analog sticking it this whole time. I've been managing A+'s on everything through Hell's light world, minus 1 or 2 in Hell. Warp zones destroy me most of the time, and I know I'm missing a few of those.

I hate this game for it's siren song. If you manage to A+ a level after dying 20-30 times, you'll say yes to the next level, just to try and get another hit of that A+ love. This very thing has kept me up for the last 3 hours.

Jesus Christ, I love this game.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Helmholtz said:
25aqaut.png

I beat all 3 kid levels and unlocked that little retard. I died 2 seperate times on the VERY last set of spikes before bandage girl. Was heart breaking.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
duckroll said:
They're definitely working on it, but can't promise a date yet. It won't be a separate release on Steam though, it'll support Steamplay.
excellent, sold.

out of curiosity, do many games nowadays not support Steamplay?

Wallach

catfish said:
I beat all 3 kid levels and unlocked that little retard. I died 2 seperate times on the VERY last set of spikes before bandage girl. Was heart breaking.

That really is like one of the worst feelings ever. Especially if it's a retro stage where you only have 3 lives per level.

duckroll

Rez said:
excellent, sold.

out of curiosity, do many games nowadays not support Steamplay?

Steamplay is relatively new. Quite a number of titles support it considering how new it is, but but 100% of games with PC/Mac versions support it. I think Deus Ex 1 is one of those cases.

Visualante said:
Making the rest of us feel inadequate, Capndrake fucking rinsed this game.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/capndrake/stats/SuperMeatBoy

Has anyone had the game freeze, then your character appears half a screen or more away in the direction you're pressing?

After seeing the video showing how broken Steve (Mr. Minecraft) is, I imagine getting the achievements for beating each world without dying aren't actually too hard if you use him.

Obviously, you have to use Meat Boy in The End, but that only has 5 levels, so with enough practice, I don't think it would be too bad.

Capndrake

Ben2749 said:
After seeing the video showing how broken Steve (Mr. Minecraft) is, I imagine getting the achievements for beating each world without dying aren't actually too hard.
He's not as useful as you think for the no death achievements, there's still a good bunch of levels where you need to do some challenging platforming no matter what.

MNC

I suggest we get an official leaderboard thread for this game, it's so fucking addictive to beat times. Anyone up for making one? I'd do it, but I'm afraid I'd stop keeping track of everyone.. :( But I must spread my times. Also Holepunchio is an asshole for cheating with Mr Minecraft kthx :3

Holepunch

MNC said:
I suggest we get an official leaderboard thread for this game, it's so fucking addictive to beat times. Anyone up for making one? I'd do it, but I'm afraid I'd stop keeping track of everyone.. :( But I must spread my times. Also Holepunchio is an asshole for cheating with Mr Minecraft kthx :3
2-15X, bring Meat Boy and your A-game because that's what I did so you got NO excuse.

:lol

I think a nice feature for this game would be a leaderboard for steam groups. Then we could just make a GAF Meatboy group and just compete there.

OnPoint

Just finished the dark world levels in The End and have 18
Cotton Alley
stages left to finish in the dark world there in the 360 version. I'm sure I have some warp zones to go through still as well. I'm glad I took a break after finishing the light world and came back to do it after. It's been a great journey.

MNC

I think if nobody has a problem with it I'll start some kind of work on a meatboy leaderboard thread. Unless someone already started it.

AshMcCool

Just imagine that game having a limited set of lifes. It would be like Rick Dangerous back then. But I'm loving it. Great Music, great level design and very punctual controls. Also it kinda made me looking forward to Bionic Commando Rearmed 2(Which doesn't gets a PC-Port as i understand?) . Hope for some awesome challenge rooms in this one.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
If I buy the steam version will my SFIV CE stick work with it? I have no idea if it's 'direct input compatible'

I was really worried that my PC wasn't up for it (the game was being really sluggish when a lot of stuff was happening), but after some tweaking, I got it to run perfectly. Definitely the second best game of the year!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
catfish said:
If I buy the steam version will my SFIV CE stick work with it? I have no idea if it's 'direct input compatible'
Yes. You have tested to make sure it works already on your PC though, right, I think the PS3 version doesn't work on all computers. 360 version would have no problems though.

ArjanN

AshMcCool said:
Just imagine that game having a limited set of lifes. It would be like Rick Dangerous back then. But I'm loving it. Great Music, great level design and very punctual controls. Also it kinda made me looking forward to Bionic Commando Rearmed 2(Which doesn't gets a PC-Port as i understand?) . Hope for some awesome challenge rooms in this one.

Ah. Rick Dangerous. Nostalgia flashbacks.

They haven't said anthing about a PC port of Rearmed 2, but that doesn't really mean anything given their usual MO.

GWX

ArjanN said:
They haven't said anthing about a PC port of Rearmed 2, but that doesn't really mean anything given their usual MO.

I'm worried. I really hope that BCR2 PC becomes a reality, but I'm not sure it will. Well, I'd buy the shit out of it on Steam.

About SMB: fuck the glitch levels. I'm not good enough for them.

and unlock my Jill achievement dammit, I fucking finished the warp zone! Imagine if that happens after finishing The Kid's warp zone... FUUUUUUUU- *explodes*.

Top Bottom