• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Just learned the hard way: SMB does not support Steam Cloud.

:(

Ben2749 said:
What is Steam Cloud?
Cloud feature for Steam.

What is Cloud? Saves your data on the servers so you can access it forever whenever.

More detail:
  • Steam cloud provisioning has expanded from 1 MB per user to 100 MB per user, per game. The Steam Cloud API allows your game to write and retrieve files for each user. Use it for personalized settings like keyboard, mouse, and gamepad configurations, multiplayer sprays, or even saved games. Steam Cloud is a natural extension of the portability that Steam affords gamers. Shipped first with Left 4 Dead, Steam Cloud is now a proven resource and is becoming an integral part of the Steam experience.

So I'm on the second world and I found a warp to a retro set of levels where you get only three lives. Do you lose the bandage you obtain in the first level if you crap out on the next?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
viciouskillersquirrel said:
So I'm on the second world and I found a warp to a retro set of levels where you get only three lives. Do you lose the bandage you obtain in the first level if you crap out on the next?
Yep :(.

Those warp zones work as follows:
3 levels
2 levels with 1 bandage each, 1 level with 0 bandages
3 lives per level
must beat all 3 levels (that is, you must beat the warp zone) to keep the bandages.

For some of the zones, I've gotten one bandage on one run through, and the second bandage on a separate run through the warp zone.

edit: Also, there are four warp zones per world (For the first 5 worlds). 2 in the light world, 1 in the dark world, and a 4th character zone in the light world where you unlock a character. The character warp zones have no lives limit per level, and no bandages.

Okay I just noticed something really odd. On rankings I got a second earlier, than what it says within the game. Either I did do that extra second and it didn't register into the game, or the game has fixed the score in the ranking by some mistake.

Got a question, I don't want answers to where the bandages are but I wonder can there be levels (not speaking of bonus ones) that have more than one bandages? Because I am trying to find them all but I wonder if im wasting my time on levels where I already have gotten 1.

I just noticed ive been playing the game for 17 hours and haven't tried world 3 yet :D. This game is amazing!

GaimeGuy said:
Yep :(.

Those warp zones work as follows:
3 levels
2 levels with 1 bandage each, 1 level with 0 bandages
3 lives per level
must beat all 3 levels (that is, you must beat the warp zone) to keep the bandages.

For some of the zones, I've gotten one bandage on one run through, and the second bandage on a separate run through the warp zone.

edit: Also, there are four warp zones per world (For the first 5 worlds). 2 in the light world, 1 in the dark world, and a 4th character zone in the light world where you unlock a character. The character warp zones have no lives limit per level, and no bandages.

Megadrive said:
HOW.

edit: best i can do is like 15.xx with runman. :(

Use bit trip runner, the positive with him despite how sluggish is that he can glide between gaps which saves a lot of time. You don't have to be as precise as meat boy when you jump because his gliding goes straight.

SalsaShark said:
I dont know man, i think its just a matter of time. Once you commit to the repetion they end up not being so hard :lol
It's so ridiculously easy to die, I think the number of people who get all of them legitimately will be countable on one hand.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
fresquito said:
Can anybody explain to me how leaderboards are made?
Uh...it shows your times compared to Steam community friends, or all players? What are you even asking?

fresquito

There's this "time" thing with big numbers. I don't really know what it is. And for istance, I have more points than a friend of mine, we've beaten the same stages, yet I'm lower than he is and I don't know why. There're many things I don't really understand. Thene there're the Stam leaderboards, which don't show any info, just numbers.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I might... maybe... possibly... buy a new arcade stick just for this game.

We'll see how I feel about it when I get my tax return.

Minamu

Second Hell level. Am I supposed to randomly die by just standing around, or is something fucked up with my game? :lol My pc gets random freeze lag which usually means that my SMB falls through moving platforms even though I'm not touching any buttons. Huge pain to complete that level with such issues...

UrbanRats

DAAAAMN, i'm one level away from "the end" achievement.
All i miss is 6-5 (and the boss, ofcourse) and i'm close to nail 6-5 but i kept dying, so i quitted(not rage quitted though, it's an improvement).

Anyway, i didn't know there were SMB meme generators, i made this one, which is fitting to my last playthrough:

Think-youll-nail-it-this-time-die-on-first-jump.jpg

Beaulieu

Bufbaf said:
Just learned the hard way: SMB does not support Steam Cloud.

You know what sucks ?
I knew it didnt so I sent the savefiles to myself from work and it's working great except...

When i unlocked "the internet" at work, it didnt unlock anything because the network blocks games, and now even at home I dont have access to that part of the game with my work's save files.

syllogism

Beaulieu said:
You know what sucks ?
I knew it didnt so I sent the savefiles to myself from work and it's working great except...

When i unlocked "the internet" at work, it didnt unlock anything because the network blocks games, and now even at home I dont have access to that part of the game with my work's save files.
PC version? It doesn't have "the internet" yet.

Red

I like the Meat Boy meme generator because they're all focused on the game. Each one is perfectly accurate :lol

Danielsan

God damn it. I can't believe this game still hasn't been patched on the 360...
"The patch is coming soon guys!" Yeah right, must be stuck in Microsoft certification hell.

Sill4

Danielsan said:
God damn it. I can't believe this game still hasn't been patched on the 360...
"The patch is coming soon guys!" Yeah right, must be stuck in Microsoft certification hell.
Patched? What's wrong with it?

Danielsan

Sill4 said:
Patched? What's wrong with it?
It's been plagued with a shitty bug that causes you to lose your progress in certain situations. The bug has been present from the start and was supposed to be patched very soon. And by soon they meant before 2012...

kiun

Yea I'm waiting for the patch to fix the save glitch as well. Had I known about it, I wouldn't have bought the game until the patch is out.

darkpaladinmfc said:
It's so ridiculously easy to die, I think the number of people who get all of them legitimately will be countable on one hand.

Seriously. "Impossible Boy" is a massive fuck you to all the achievement whores out there. I managed to beat the XBLA version of SMB 100% (all bandages, all warp zones, all characters, all A+ rank, etc), but even I wouldn't even dream of attempting to beat some of the worlds without dying, much less Cotton Alley's Dark World.

JeTmAn81

Probably a stupid question, but what exactly do I need to do to access the Dark World? I Googled for this, and it seems like everyone took this for granted so nobody spelled it out. I'm on the Hell chapter but I guess so far I've only been doing the Light World levels.

JeTmAn81 said:
Probably a stupid question, but what exactly do I need to do to access the Dark World? I Googled for this, and it seems like everyone took this for granted so nobody spelled it out. I'm on the Hell chapter but I guess so far I've only been doing the Light World levels.

On 360 you press X on the level map screen. If you've beaten the par time for a level it's Dark World equivalent will be unlocked for you to try. Not sure what button it is on PC, but on 360 the button is listed at the bottom of the level map screen near the level name you are currently standing on.

TheVisualizer said:
On 360 you press X on the level map screen. If you've beaten the par time for a level it's Dark World equivalent will be unlocked for you to try. Not sure what button it is on PC, but on 360 the button is listed at the bottom of the level map screen near the level name you are currently standing on.
Shift on PC (And whatever run is on your controller).

Top Bottom