• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

prlLR.jpg

agreebyrd.gif

Wallach

UrbanRats said:
Gaf, before i kill myself, tell how to do this jump in 6-5, PLEASE.

http://d.imagehost.org/0701/smb.jpg

Off memory I want to say you can just straight up run-jump over that from the ledge on the left, but if you jump to the wall below it, you should be able to clear it by jumping off the wall neutral direction then holding right in the air once you have proper height.

Prophet Steve said:
No, well, that is not the way I did it. You have to walljump over it, although it requires some skill, it is possible.
It definitely works in the Dark world level, (IIRC they threw in some extra saws below that saw so I was like fuck it and jumped from the ledge, and it worked) so I assume it works for the Light world level as well.

Haunted

As I'm sure you've all figured out at that point, both routes are possible for that jump. :p

But you have to do it with a running jump in the Dark World because there are some additional saws below preventing you from walljumping.

UrbanRats said:
You need to remove everything after the .jpg in the URL to get the tag to work.

Like this: [IMG]http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4666580/FOUND-OUT-HOW-TO-GET-THAT-FUCKING-BANDAGE-STILL-NEED-TO-FIND-OUT-HOW-TO-GET-OUT-ALIVE.jpg

But since they're fucking huge, maybe it's better that you just linked to them. ;)

Twig

Banned
nincompoop said:
Nope, I just checked for myself and a running jump clears it easily.

Edit - I'll have a Youtube link up in ~7 minutes

Well here's the link, still needs time to process though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxPnI9mJYDw
MIND BLOWN

This is a revelation, especially because I've MASTERED wall-jumping over that thing. I haven't died on it since the second time I beat that level!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hm, why would my 2009 Macbook run SMB absolutely fine, but my brothers 2010 Mac Mini with superior specs run into some serious lag and framerate drops on the more intensive levels?

Also I'm on world 4 and the music seems to be dropping in quality. Worlds 1 and 2 were fantastic, 3 was good, and 4 is kinda...meh

An-Det

Just forced my roommate to play it. He's seen me play and been amazed at it, so he knew it'd get crazy. He gave up 4-5 levels in, cursing me and ragequitting. "Why are you doing this to me? What have I ever done to you?" :lol

And those meme posters are so fucking true, each more than the last.

andymcc

Banned
finally got this game a few days ago. seriously the best platformer i've played all year. this game oozes quality. only wished i got it sooner.

gdt

Just started this, and I'm in love. Total and absolute love.

In the second chapter, world/level/whatever 11.

So far, the difficulty feels good.

smurfx

get some go again
damn this game is really frustrating. not because its hard but because i can't get it to play on my pc's! i really want to play it too. :(

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
:lol I am never getting The Kid. That is a feat akin to getting Dry Bones Bowser in Mario Kart Wii.

Backfoggen said:
Is 7-20 even possible for human beings.
It's not really that hard since a lot of it is just static sawblades that are easy to pass. I think I had more difficulty completing some of the levels with fans or those white light things. Just hang in there!

Dice

Find me a platformer that doesn't require trial and error and I'll have found you a worthless piece of shit.

Dice

And now I will interpret the language of level design. A message from Team Meat:

nHbyg.png

As someone who only bought this a few days ago via sale, is there still saving problems? 3 times now I have returned to playing the game to find that I lost a good 8 levels worth of progression, in the early stages this wasn't too bad but losing 8 hard/dark stages is a real bitch, i've been making sure the game is saving and not just turning off the console randomly, annoying as hell.

Makes me want to not play it until it's fixed.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Has the 360 patch that adds new levels and stuff come out yet? I remember hearing about it back before the PC version came out and then nothing came of it.

Sp3eD said:
Has the 360 patch that adds new levels and stuff come out yet? I remember hearing about it back before the PC version came out and then nothing came of it.
There's been a new chapter on the internets.

UrbanRats said:
Gaf, before i kill myself, tell how to do this jump in 6-5, PLEASE.

smb.jpg
This part never posed a problem for me. All I did was run, jump and hold R2 at full speed, and I made it over every time. No wall-jumping, just a straight run from the left side of that platform Meatboy is standing on.

Diablohead said:
As someone who only bought this a few days ago via sale, is there still saving problems? 3 times now I have returned to playing the game to find that I lost a good 8 levels worth of progression, in the early stages this wasn't too bad but losing 8 hard/dark stages is a real bitch, i've been making sure the game is saving and not just turning off the console randomly, annoying as hell.

Makes me want to not play it until it's fixed.
The patch it still not out. I have no idea what's holding them back, but at this point it has to be Team Meat.

I'm not playing more until it's out.

Xdrive05

Anyone else have this game breaking glitch on the final boss level with
Dr. Fetus
on the PC (Steam) version?

(At least when running on my PC) Dr. Fetus runs way too fast. He aways runs ahead of the right-column buzz saws and makes it to his 'safety platform' before I even get a chance to take out the bridge. I thought this was maybe supposed to happen, but then I watched videos of the 360 version and Fetus never runs in front of those buzz saws. I tried lowering my screen hertz (to 60 instead of 75) and forcing V-Sync and neither fixed the problem. Is this a known glitch?

System specs for reference:

AMD Phenom II 940 BE X4 @ 3.4GHz
8GB RAM
Evga GTX 260 55nm 896mb @ 700/1250
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

totowhoa

Banned
Blu_LED said:
This part never posed a problem for me. All I did was run, jump and hold R2 at full speed, and I made it over every time. No wall-jumping, just a straight run from the left side of that platform Meatboy is standing on.

Pretty much! I can't believe people were trying wall jump over that behemoth of a saw-blade :lol Didn't think it could even be done. Tried once, then I just leaped over it :p

I guess it's easy to laugh, though. I tried a bunch of unnecessarily difficult jumps to try and get past something that could easily be bypassed a much easier way at various points in the game. I love this game <3 Haven't played it in a month or two... about time to whip it back out and finish up the last bit of the dark world left.

Top Bottom