• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Metroid |OT| Prequel to Other M

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I was planning on finishing it in one sitting, but I left Maridia before getting the Space Jump and now I have to trek all the way back there so I'm calling it a night.

Robin64

Miiverse Post!

zlCfzQ_EjCoSoJjb1R
zlCfzQ_Ec_Q7xsh0or
zlCfzQ_DY28xdkOHIm
zlCfzQ_Ctm83favzOs
zlCfzQ_DAUAZNg5XLE
zlCfzQ_DdfQSifTneu
zlCfzQ_EjOAOVcBAq7
zlCfzQ_DZO4rrkjQDd
zlCfzQ_DagEBQBjKeR
zlCfzQ_EZKciSNWCYf
zlCfzQ_ElksgLYF3IN

Whaaaaat.

Edit: So have any GAFfers beaten this yet? Interested in starting to get some completion times up.

Look how tight the F-Zero competition was, especially Mute City: http://astraseal.co.uk/old/neogaf/fzero/

Just beat it. 4:07 completion time, 75% items. I've done worse.

Maybe now I can stop being distracted and get back to Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem on 3DS.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm. I think I'll wait to hear on some impressions from my fellow europeans on that 50hz shenanigans... Price is not an issue, but I'd really like NoE to get the message and just release the 60hz version as an optional.

Margalis

Banned
Every time I spend 30c on a Nintendo Wii U download (like today with this game) I get a phone call from the fraud detection department of my CC company. Why are they so sketched out by Nintendo?

People who steal cards usually make an initial purchase of $1 or less to see if the card is working, so automatic detection systems pick it up.

GRW810

What time does the UK eShop usually update? I've got the day off today, and I crave Super Metroid.
About 2pm usually, give or take an hour or two depending on how efficient the eShop monkeys in charge are feeling on any particular day.

Super Metroid and Runner 2 today for less than a tenner, not a bad deal.

Pablod84

Neo Member
Why eShop isn't automated at this point baffles me. Upload the files in advance and have them appear on a certain date.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Hooray, the US Miiverse community has finally opened!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073031569666/14866558073031569670

(Post those completion times, dudes)

huh?

You have to sign in with a NN account in order to view miiverse on PC?
Seems like a hugely wasted opportunity to advertise Nintendo's gaming-sphere!

I'd thought the fact anyone could see how much fun Wii U owners are having would be a great way to promote the system...

(no sarcasm intended)

Javier

Defeated Kraid, got High Jump Boots, Varia Suit, Spazer, Ice Beam, the more powerful bomb, and got back to Crateria. Went to sleep after that and now I'm back at work. I want to go home.

cacildo

Well, we know we all have our problems with VC price....

But the whole VC menu is great. The button mapping menu, so simples, yet something that took so much time to be just right

Im playing with my procontroler and it feels great

I turn off the gamepad screen, but it is kind of an annoying process. You have to hit home, 2 other screens, one confirmation, so you can finally turn off the gamepad. Then you put it on the couch, it hits RL and the screen pops up again.

The gamepad needed an of/off switch...

L - Aim Up
ZL - Aim Down
R - Item Cancel
ZR - Item Select

It's like a poor man's GBA Metroid scheme.
Now if only I could auto hold down the run button...

Pablod84

Neo Member
Only the pickiest of players will notice the problems with the EU copy. Unfortunately that's most Gaffers, myself included. If you could see what was wrong with Kirby's Adventure, you'll see it here too. If, however, Kirby was fine, then you have nothing to fear.

Anyway, off to aim for sub-1:30 clear time now!

So I've just played the initial section with Ridley and escaping, and I tried to notice any issues with repeated frames, and I honestly cannot.

Fandangox

I was playing yesterday, its been a long time since I played it.

Got the morph ball and after a while it just stopped working with no indication of why, any reason?

Surfheart

Only the pickiest of players will notice the problems with the EU copy. Unfortunately that's most Gaffers, myself included. If you could see what was wrong with Kirby's Adventure, you'll see it here too. If, however, Kirby was fine, then you have nothing to fear.

Anyway, off to aim for sub-1:30 clear time now!

I could definitely feel it in kirby.

bumpkin

I really forgot how awesome this game is/was... Fired up my Wii U and downloaded it last night after I got home. Started playing it right away, got about 20-30 mins worth of playtime in before I had to break and help the wife with dinner, but those 20 someodd minutes were pure nostalgic bliss. I actually found myself letting the intro play through completely. So much atmosphere. So. Fucking. Good.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Played it for a little bit (up to the Morph Bomb). Didn't really notice any problems with the PAL version, but I'm really not very receptive to this stuff. Should be easily playable at least.

It's the first time I'll try a speed run on this game, what's a good time for a first run? Haven't played it since it was released on the Wii VC, so I might get lost quite a few times.

Heropon

I'm going to do a trial run before trying to speedrun this game. I've only completed this game three times after all.

Pablod84

Neo Member
It's the first time I'll try a speed run on this game, what's a good time for a first run? Haven't played it since it was released on the Wii VC, so I might get lost quite a few times.

Well you need to get under 3 hours for the best ending, so make that your first goal.

beje

Banned
I could definitely feel it in kirby.

Me too, I played it at a friend's house and it was horribly noticeable for me, especially with the input lag it added. Not touching this 50Hz release then. Also after checking Miiverse and see that all Euro users are stuck with French/German subtitles with no way to disable them is baffling and another bullet point to why the NTSC English version should be available, if only as an option in the eShop page.

Robin64

Yeah, just try and aim for that best ending first. Under 3 hours is a good time. You can probably aim for 1:30 without sequence breaking.

Either way, just submit times, folks, even if they're 'bad'! Let's fill up that board, GO GO GO.

Top Bottom