• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Metroid |OT| Prequel to Other M

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The arcade version has the problem of an ownership dispute due to the code.

The best we could hope for is the modded NES version they released with the Red Wiis.

A little off topic but are there anymore 30 cent games coming or was this the last one?

Next month is Yoshi (Mario and Yoshi in Europe) and then the final month is Donkey Kong.

I wish nintendo would continue this 30 cent promo for each month
I'd buy urban champion if it was 30 cents or something like Solomons Key
Even 50 cents or $1 is a good promo for select games each month

On topic, I made it to the wrecked ship without the grapple beam, and beat that other m boss ;p
Now I gotta go back and get the grapple beam

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Dumbass question: i mapped b to zr like any sensible person, but forgot to remap the zr button. So now I can't access the vc menu and controller setting or anything. How do I reset?

Dumbass question: i mapped b to zr like any sensible person, but forgot to remap the zr button. So now I can't access the vc menu and controller setting or anything. How do I reset?

Just tap the touchscreen. That will let you back into customization screen.

Me yesterday said:
Last year I did a 100% item run on my SNES cart, hadn't played it in over 10 years so I took my time and savored the game. But now I'm ready to try and finally do a minus three hour run for the Wii U VC (I still can't believe they released it for 30 cents), what is the best/most balanced route?

I'm looking at the "Fastest route to Mother Brain" chart in the back of my NP Player's guide and it looks like using that line of progression would be brutal for surviving bosses unless I'm mistaken.

Also, earphones don't seem to help with low sound on the Gamepad at all, anyone know of a good brand of headphones that have one of those little "extra volume boost dials" in the middle? Used to have a set of 'em way back in the '90s.

Also what resolution are these games running in compared to the OG Wii VC?

?

depths20XX

Even though the game is 30 cents you still have to add a minimum of $5 in funds to your account to purchase it right? Meaning you will essentially be left with a few bucks you'll never be able to spend, except on something you don't really want.

Robin64

Even though the game is 30 cents you still have to add a minimum of $5 in funds to your account to purchase it right? Meaning you will essentially be left with a few bucks you'll never be able to spend, except on something you don't really want.

No, you can hit "Pay remainder by credit card" and only get charged 30 cents.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

No, you can charge the exact amount for anything.

Edit: what Samus and Pikachu said.

Rich!

I uploaded the audio glitching I'm getting in Wrecked Ship. Sorry if the movie is rotated, it comes out that way.. I've told YouTube to set it right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz8GjECH1vY

hahahaha holy shit

fuck you, nintendo. until you start releasing 60hz versions for every game, I'm not spending a single penny on another VC release. ever.

I would have spent £30 on a decent gamepad version of Super Metroid, but this shit isn't worth even 30p, and I pity any poor sod who brought it knowing it was 50hz to begin with.

*continues playing his awesome NTSC cart*

Heropon

I have the same sound problem in the Wrecked Ship, but the sound is so low that I didn't notice it until I plugged a pair of earphones.

Kyzon

So this is my first time legit playing Super Metroid. The game is fun. I just beat Kraid, and now I'm strolling through some lava.

Lovin it.

braves01

Banned
Just beat that ghost boss (forget its name). Even though I've beaten Super Metroid before, I still have no idea about how to go about beating this guy. I took so much damage from the flames I only just scraped by.

Fess

Yikes! I didn't think the 50hz thing would hurt THIS much. It's awful, even compared to the other 50hz Wii Mode version. :/

Just beat that ghost boss (forget its name). Even though I've beaten Super Metroid before, I still have no idea about how to go about beating this guy. I took so much damage from the flames I only just scraped by.

Never use Super Missiles on him--it's what causes him to do those waves of flame attacks. Use Charge Beam shots only.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Never use Super Missiles on him--it's what causes him to do those waves of flame attacks. Use Charge Beam shots only.

Shit, that's what causes it? Crazy.

Though I always felt like a mothafuckin' P.I.M.P. when I would charge up and jump through the flames and take no damage.

Boss's name is Phantoon, btw.

Fake Screw Attack always beats him. That's what I don't like about the boss: it's a bitch without knowing that one technique. Probably the biggest flaw with SU.

Robin64

Morph ball in the corners avoids the sweeping flame attack entirely, too. Just have to alternate sides each attack.

Fess

I keep seeing comments like this but I'm finding it perfectly playable.
Playable, yes, but having a better framerate in the old Wii VC version is just wrong. Don't know what the problem is really, but they need to sort it out.

beje

Banned
I keep seeing comments like this but I'm finding it perfectly playable.

See http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57860170&postcount=668

If you look for footage comparison in YT you can see it really clearly. There's especifically one video comparing TAS where even taking advantage of a shortcut in the PAL version because an enemy is slower, the end time is higher than on the NTSC version. I thought they made a good conversion but they did the same quick and dirty trick than in Kirby's Adventure so that's the reason they're not seing my 30 cents when it's obvious they can release the authentic game to be enjoyed exactly as the devs intended.

I can't even say I'm sorry since I can't relate to having played 50hz versions in lieu of 60hz ones. That's a big bungle for Ninty; they either don't give a crap as much as they do for other IPs or this plain turned out bad.

Ein Bear

I can't quite get over how nice this looks on my TV. It's a big difference, even from playing the old VC version in Wii mode.

Mafro

See http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57860170&postcount=668

If you look for footage comparison in YT you can see it really clearly. There's especifically one video comparing TAS where even taking advantage of a shortcut in the PAL version because an enemy is slower, the end time is higher than on the NTSC version. I thought they made a good conversion but they did the same quick and dirty trick than in Kirby's Adventure so that's the reason they're not seing my 30 cents when it's obvious they can release the authentic game to be enjoyed exactly as the devs intended.
I know the difference between PAL and NTSC, it doesn't really bother me personally.

beje

Banned
Oh well, seeing the general tone both here and in Miiverse I completely lost hope of ever getting any title with even the slightiest crap translated into an european language and play it off-screen on the gamepad. It will be the exact same experience as the Wii VC of waiting for Hanabi Festivals and getting the very very few worthy Turbografx releases (which were 60Hz). Can't fight against hordes of people calling us entitled and saying Nintendo can never do anything wrong and happily throwing money at them with a shit-eating grin without even questioning themselves why are people complaining.

Yazan

50hz is awful, looked forward so much to play it on the gamepad (have an American wii) but it's unplayable. Ffs NoE.

I still hope and believe that they will patch it/add an option.

Shahadan

50hz stupid drama aside, I find it funny/sad that a lot of newcomers seems to be so lost when there is no handholding.
The last hour on miiverse, I saw 8 posts needin help to figure out they could fire in another direction, 15-20 for noob bridge and worst of all a fuck lot of "how do I morph ball" :lol:

Robin64

50hz stupid drama aside, I find it funny/sad that a lot of newcomers seems to be so lost when there is no handholding.
The last hour on miiverse, I saw 8 posts needin help to figure out they could fire in another direction, 15-20 for noob bridge and worst of all a fuck lot of "how do I morph ball" :lol:

It's like people are scared of pressing buttons now unless they've been told to. :(

That's what most modern gaming does to good people. I stick to arcade games and stuff like this more often than not for a reason.

But morph ball? It's like they've never heard of button-mapping.

nubbe

zlCfzQ_GRE0MD8WVa-

4pQThvj.gif

Top Bottom