• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Metroid |OT| Prequel to Other M

Gonna buy it, but I have a question: I transfered the wii version of super metroid to my WiiU. If I buy it, what will happen to the wii version?

Pallad1um

I don't know a game more deserving of having Super in its name than Super Metroid. I only played this game for the first time some five years ago, in the Wii Virtual Console.

I can only imagine what must have been playing it when it came out - I only had a Sega Genesis at the time, and in my country Nintendo almost didn't count. I was, however, well aware of the game's fame but for one reason or other couldn't get my hands on it until I was much older.

It was and is a fantastic experience, and one game I am proud to have on my Top 10 (more like Top 3). Its a game every gamer should play. It may not be for everyone's taste, but at least deserves to be played once.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
No brainer for 30 cents, thanks OP.

Bullza2o

This is my 2nd 30-cent game for the Wii U. How many have I missed out? F-Zero and...?

Judging by the scores, it looks like it's really good. I liked Metroid Fusion (?) on my Ambassador 3DS but never had time to continue --and I found it a bit hard.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
wait....Nintendo is rereleasing these games again on the wii u? are the wii and wii u's virtual consoles not the same?

This is my 2nd 30-cent game for the Wii U. How many have I missed out? F-Zero and...?

Judging by the scores, it looks like it's really good. I liked Metroid Fusion (?) on my Ambassador 3DS but never had time to continue --and I found it a bit hard.

Balloon Fight
Punch-Out!!
F-Zero
Kirby's Adventure

I spent a summer playing this game and NBA Jam with my brother and uncle. Great, great times.

That said, Nintendo needs to get their muthafuckin' web store up for us who don't own a Wii U.

wait....Nintendo is rereleasing these games again on the wii u? are the wii and wii u's virtual consoles not the same?

No. You can access the Wii VC, but the Wii U VC has Gamepad support, button reconfig, controller options, etc.

I spent a summer playing this game and NBA Jam with my brother and uncle. Great, great times.

That said, Nintendo needs to get their muthafuckin' web store up for us who don't own a Wii U.

How would you be able to buy anything without a Nintendo Network ID?

darkpower

Banned
Probably one of the best games of all time. So much shit to collect (has anyone ever got 100% item collection rate), and such a demanding challenge that never felt cheap.

I don't object to Other M, either, though.

Bullza2o

Balloon Fight
Punch-Out!!
F-Zero
Kirby's Adventure
Super Mario World

super mario world is/was 30 cents? 0_o since when

What?! I just bought it last week for $8 or $9.
EDIT: oh ok phew.

Balloon Fight, F-Zero, Punch-Out and Kirby's Adventure are the previous ones.

After this, all that's left are Yoshi and Donkey Kong.

Alright thanks. I got my Wii when Kirby's Adventure was 30c, and I think I have Balloon Fight from ambassador 3DS. Something tells me these are the Ambassador games for the Wii U...

Bullza2o

Never played this, is it worth the price?

I had no interest in Kirby's Adventure, yet I bought it for 30 cents. It serves as a filler on my Wii U home screen. So you should buy all those 30 cents games as much as possible!

Crap, you might be right. :(

It's weird they didn't gave a Zelda game for 30 cents.

I think if they have an actual price drop --and an ambassador program -- they'd give us a big discount for Wind Waker HD
digital only

GulAtiCa

How long will it take to download that 24megs?

Game was released on March 19, 1994. The 28.8k modem just got released, but if you were not so tech heavy, you might have had a 14.4k Modem. So The download times would be about:

14.4k Modem: 28 minutes, give or take.
28.8k Modem: 14 minutes, give or take.

Happy downloads!

Mupod

Game was released on March 19, 1994. The 28.8k modem just got released, but if you were not so tech heavy, you might have had a 14.4k Modem. So The download times would be about:

14.4k Modem: 3 hours and 47 minutes, give or take.
28.8k Modem: 1 hour and 53 minutes, give or take.

Happy downloads!

24 megabit, not megabyte!

Johnas

I can't wait to get this, its the only Metroid game I've never played before.

Well, you definitely saved the best for the last there.

I can only imagine what must have been playing it when it came out - I only had a Sega Genesis at the time, and in my country Nintendo almost didn't count. I was, however, well aware of the game's fame but for one reason or other couldn't get my hands on it until I was much older.

Playing it new back then was indeed amazing. Especially if, like me, you had played Metroid and Metroid II and were looking forward to a 16-bit game.

Top Bottom