• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

This was the best I could do. Getting Level 1 CPUs to pose in place is a lot harder than it sounds.

CWezZIq.jpg
OH MAN!! SO GOOD!! :-D

If I may push my luck one pic further... Could you take a pic with four Duck Hunts on Living Room (Final Destination)? And can you make sure they include regular Duck Hunt, Dalmation DH, and Banjo-Kazooie? The fourth one can be whichever one you think looks good with the others. :-D

GamerSoul

Like others said, Little Mac is safest as a counterpick. The game lets you change characters every match. It might be best to have another main you lead with to scout out your opponent, and then bring Mac off the bench as the situation dictates.

There are so many characters I want to try now so I'm sure he'll find a place in my rotation well hopefully, hah. damn a few more days till we all get that demo.

You mean for Smash 5, or as DLC?

And either way, the Polar Bear might lack the Eggplant now, but isn't it possible they can add it after they add the Ice Climbers back in, too? Same with a Rhythm Heaven icon for the Chorus Kids.
This is the worst part about DLC; I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but the hope's going to make the set-up last all the way until the next Smash game. Still, if Sakurai delivers, I'd be unbelievably ecstatic.
Icon for the Chorus Kids trophy would've given it away - but it feels weird to have a previously represented series not have their logo shown with the trophy. Even series represented by stages have logos to trophies in that series.

I took this one, but I obviously wasn't quick enough and didn't fulfill all the requirements.
Dang, Boxing Ring wouldn't been a better pick to highlight the colors of freedom...
anyone want to take the earlier picture again in the Final Destination Boxing Ring?

Request: Image with Dark Pit, Dark Samus (either the alt or the Assist), Dark Link, and Shadow Link (AKA Dark Toon Link)?

Also, can anyone link me all the alternate colors? I want to do something with Pit/Dark Pit colors.

If I may push my luck one pic further... Could you take a pic with four Duck Hunts on Living Room (Final Destination)? And can you make sure they include regular Duck Hunt, Dalmation DH, and Banjo-Kazooie? The fourth one can be whichever one you think looks good with the others. :-D

xr84z5B.jpg

Last one for now, heading out for the night.

So you can't post images to Miiverse from Smash? That seems... extremely short-sighted.

I believe it has to do with the 3DS using the extra bit of RAM reserved for Miiverse and Web Browser functions to get Smash running as well as it does. New 3DS's RAM boost is supposed to remedy it, I think.

This is probably an easier question

Based on the limited play, can anyone say if there are any bad characters? By bad, I don't necessarily mean nerfed from a previous game, but a character who feels like he or she doesn't have value.

Kinsei

Banned
This is probably an easier question

Based on the limited play, can anyone say if there are any bad characters? By bad, I don't necessarily mean nerfed from a previous game, but a character who feels like he or she doesn't have value.

I've seen quite a few people call Mega Man bad. I'm hoping that they just don't know how to use him.

Looked at the sound test mode, listened to some characters's voices. Of the ones I've got so far, Little Mac had the most number of files at 64, but a good number of his are Doc's lines. Next is Shulk at 54, but again, some of his are said by Riki and Dunban during the Final Smash. The character with the most files is WFT, both versions of which have 53 files each (so 53 files for male, 53 for female).

The character with the least was Pikmin & Olimar/Alph with just 10 sounds, all made by the Pikmin themselves.

Nothing exciting, just thought it was interesting.

Also, isolated the DK and Bowser voices sound awful.

Timeaisis

Three things from the demo:

1. I'm terrible at Villager, but he's got potential. The tree seems like a great edge game.

2. Megaman's meteor smash is awesome, and super satisfying. Also, not very risky and pretty good range.

3. Link is definitely better, but his projectiles feel less useful than previous games.

MisterHero

Looked at the sound test mode, listened to some characters's voices. Of the ones I've got so far, Little Mac had the most number of files at 64, but a good number of his are Doc's lines. Next is Shulk at 54, but again, some of his are said by Riki and Dunban during the Final Smash. The character with the most files is WFT, both versions of which have 53 files each (so 53 files for male, 53 for female).

The character with the least was Pikmin & Olimar/Alph with just 10 sounds, all made by the Pikmin themselves.

Nothing exciting, just thought it was interesting.

Also, isolated the DK and Bowser voices sound awful.
They did a good job with both WFTrainers and Robin.

Do the Koopa Kids share the same voice?

This demo is alot of fun, I love how the Villager plays, can't wait until I get the full game and play the other 4 newcomers I want to main along side my Brawl mains.

Masked Man

I said wow
I felt bad dissing her knowing you'd be reading :p Not gonna lie, she's my least favorite newcomer :( I'm sorry!

It's okay! You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how incorrect it may be. ;)

Right now, D1 is showing off his favorite character, Palutena, who looks amazing in the right hands.

So hype! I'm glad I'm not the only one who adores
worships
her. :D

so i finally unlocked a customization for monado arts and uh

it seems like the deal with it is it gives you more time to select an art before it locks it in but it also doesn't let you cancel out of it once it's started
so basically i'm not sure what the hell it's good for lol

here's the description in case i'm missing something and someone can tell me if it does more than that:
能力特化を長いあいだ続けられる
途中で解除することはできない

Yeah, it allows the arts to last longer, but you can't switch on the fly--you have to wait until the art "wears off" (i.e. displays in gray behind Shulk).

I don't think Olimar feels good at all.

I don't like the changes. I thought they were bad when they were announced and I think they're even worse in practice. The Pikmin get lost so much more easily and its so hard to keep track of Pikmin with only three of them, which is not a good thing. Four or five Pikmin would've been appropriate, but given how much trouble the 3DS has with only three of them I know why they did what they did. I know it's a 3DS specific problem but jesus sometimes I do attacks and don't even realize I don't have any Pikmin because I can't see. At least if I had five or so I could see the trail of Pikmin and know I had some.

Wing Pikmin are rad, and it's nice that you can attack out of it.

But the lowered Pikmin count is shit.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Banjo-Kazooie?

I understand that people having obsession about Banjo-Kazooie but it's not really inspired by Banjo-Kazooie.

Take a good look at the Duck.

xr84z5B.jpg

As you see that duck had a black head, so where is black color you could spot on Kazooie? Also the feathers were orange-redish.

AWf7U3z.jpg

Take a good look at the sprites! Red/Black Duck actually exists in Duck Hunt.

IC2OTq8.jpg

I would like to note that Banjo and Dog actually don't have same shade of brown. It's just happy coincidence but I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't stop anyone calling that as B&K.

Edited: Also here is the portraits.

Duck_hunt.jpg

I understand that people having obsession about Banjo-Kazooie but it's not really inspired by Banjo-Kazooie.

xr84z5B.jpg

As you see that duck have black head, so where is black colors you could spot on Kazooie? Also the feathers were orange-redish.

AWf7U3z.jpg

IC2OTq8.jpg

I would like to note that Banjo and Dog actually don't have same shade of brown. It's just happy coincidence but I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't stop anyone calling that as B&K.
People just really want to see Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, forgetting that he'll be playable in Master Chief X Microsoft: Xtreme Xboxing along with other classic icons of gaming like Master Chief and the recently acquired Steve from MineCraft.

Sponge

Banned
People just really want to see Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, forgetting that he'll be playable in Master Chief X Microsoft: Xtreme Xboxing along with other classic icons of gaming like Master Chief and the recently acquired Steve from MineCraft.

Preorder now and get The Creeper™ DLC Day 1.

Anth0ny

xr84z5B.jpg

As you see that duck had a black head, so where is black color you could spot on Kazooie? Also the feathers were orange-redish.

AWf7U3z.jpg

IC2OTq8.jpg

Close enough, damn it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I really hope they consider patching the game so that you can use custom moves in randoms. Miis I can understand (Although they could just give a generic mii to use instead). But this is like limiting 2/3rds of the items in online Mario Kart to friends-only.

I'm going to request Final Destination Battlefield with Dark Samus color for Samus, Dark Pit, Dark Link alt, and Shadow Link alt (AKA Dark Toon Link).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom