• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
ZNueXKW.png

Top row: I really want to be good at these guys. Ness has been my main for most of my time playing any version of Smash, and I really don't see that changing any time soon. He's from one of my favourite games of all time and I love his play style. If I had to answer with just one main, he'd be it, no question. Greninja is one of the best Pokemon designs ever, his play style also looks ridiculously fun and his Smash trailer was one of the best out of all newcomers'. Pokemon X/Y were also the first Poke games I enjoyed in a really, really long time. Finally, Robin also comes from one of my favourite games of this gen, and despite his/her style being a lot more elaborate than the others', I honestly want to be good with him/her. He/She's the character that intimidates me the most in regards to difficulty curve of all I want to play.

Second row: My interest in these characters has risen recently; Pikachu and Villager because of the demo (Villager's tree mind games are freaking nuts, I love him/her), Larry because his play style looks fun (and annoying as hell for his opponents), and Kirby because he's been my "other main" for all past iterations of smash, plus I love his franchise.

Anth0ny

Sheik is my main, but I'm still having way too much fun with the majority of the cast to even begin to think of my secondaries.

Miutsu

So, uh, seems I was wrong about Melee's Kongo Jungle theme (in other words, the DK rap) coming back. That was the 64 level theme we were talking about earlier.

Not really sure how I feel about this.

There's still hope for the Wii U version, right?
right? :(

I'll be playing Yoshi a lot and also really want to try out Duck Hunt.

Aside from that, though, my plan is to run through every character on Classic on 9.0 and then take who I enjoyed doing that run with and try them out a bit more. Yeah, that'll probably take a significant chunk of my weekend, and I have a Pokemon Premiere Challenge to go to on the 4th, too. I'll do my best!

JediLink

You can't die off the top without being in some sort of hitstun in any game, at least Melee-on.
There are actually two conditions: either you're in hitstun, or you're in a standing state. That's how you can kill people by dragging them past the top with a landmaster.

I'm so unsavvy with smash talk, haha. I thought teching was stopping yourself after you bounce off of something avoiding falling off the stage. There is more to it?
SSB4_Mega_Man_Tech.gif

This is a neutral tech (or a "tech-in-place"), done by pressing R as you're about to hit the ground. If you hold left or right as well, you'll roll in that direction.

If your opponent knows which way you're going to tech, they can position themselves to be able to punish you as soon as you get up, so it's important to be unpredictable.

Zimmy64

o4dMYYV.png

From most likely to main to least likely. (most likely being Shulk and least likely being Luigi)
In Brawl I mained King Dedede and Diddy.

solomon

t9ReBgn.png

The characters I wanna try out, haha its probably very bland.
WaQWO37.png

The characters I want to focus on.
Olimar: My main in Brawl and PM, interested to see how he is now.
DHD: Loos like a fun keep away and I love the Dalmatian color.
Doctor Mario: Combos combos combos, and I love the yellow jacket.

I feel bad that I'm only really interested in using four characters in the game. There are 45 whole other characters that I really just don't care about. I feel like I should care about some more of them, but I just don't.

FSLink

Banned
Any talk of Miis being tourney legal at all? Just curious due to the discussion of custom moves, plus Mii Brawler is pretty damn fun. Not sure how logistically this would work if they were somehow, maybe a QR code at the venue for people to copy as the default?

MAtgS

Any talk of Miis being tourney legal at all? Just curious due to the discussion of custom moves, plus Mii Brawler is pretty damn fun. Not sure how logistically this would work if they were somehow, maybe a QR code at the venue for people to copy as the default?

Everyone brings their 3DS to transfer to the tourney's Wii Us. If you don't have a 3DS or don't care about portable smash, then it sucks to be you.

I'm not even gonna make a grid because there's only one character I'm really focused on maining now that I've had some time to mess around with the game

20130807012847!Villager.png

this motherfucker's playstyle just speaks to me almost like Snakes did six years ago. it's time to unleash the killager

FSLink

Banned
Everyone brings their 3DS to transfer to the tourney's Wii Us. If you don't have a 3DS or don't care about portable smash, then it sucks to be you.

Uh, what does this have to do with anything? I'm mostly talking about how the height can change how they work and how to standardize it if need be. :p

JediLink

The weird grey area with Miis is the fact that they have three different weight classes. That means that there's not just one "Mii Brawler", but three of them.

ALM5252

Mains_zps332b5234.png

The first 2 are my mains, and the last 6 are secondaries / unsure. Didn't add any newcomers until I try them out and see what I like.

Both Mario's are gonna be my mains for sure, and Fox will depend on whether or not I enjoy him in Smash 4.

jPdZl3EOhZhDH.png

I didn't notice how many people I want to play as until I took another good look at the roster. Even though we lost some great characters, I think we'll be fine without them.
then we'll buy them all as DLC in Smash Bros. 6 next year.

If I had to pick one to play as though, it'd be

jzJD2uSFMVHoe.png

lmao I just had a typical smash moment in the demo

threw a pokéball, gogoat comes out

I hop on it, gogoat runs to the left, I start my up smash and knock out mario and pikachu

FSLink

Banned
The weird grey area with Miis is the fact that they have three different weight classes. That means that there's not just one "Mii Brawler", but three of them.

Yeah, I know, see the post above yours. ;P
I guess the only way is by using QR codes, that way people know which weight class your Mii is since they'd have a "default" and not have to worry about if your Hitler Mii or whatever the hell is barely a lightweight Mii or not due to height.

Top row: Mains (Ike is #1, after that not sure yet)
Bottom row: Characters I'll use every now and then if I feel like it 'cause they seem pretty fun and I like them.

UmvVNR0.jpg

(Yeah, I like my characters in black; or ideally black and red)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom