• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Normally, I would go for some Blue-haired, sword-wielding Fire Emblem character, but the ladies are too lovely in this iteration of Smash.
pIlHZTE.png

I tried my best to limit it.

Thought for sure you'd take Lucina's Tharja alt

RTCVfOg.png

Neiteio

Any good videos out there of Pac-man players? Most of the videos I've found are pretty scrubby. Anyone out there trying to figure him out?
I second this request. I have seen some good Pac-Man play on streams, namely VGBootCamp, but I can't find them on YouTube. Good Pac-Man players make clever use of his Side Special, where you toss out the pellet and decide the path of the dotted line and then quickly zip along it. I've seen people angling it backwards to quickly zip out of a hairy situation, or angling it down into the opponent to sweep them off their feet. Cool stuff.

Neiteio

Two Earthbound assists, two Kid Icarus Uprising assists, and two WarioWare assists but zero Donkey Kong assists.

Of course.
Yeah, but on the bright side, there are two kinds of Kritter and Tiki Buzz in Smash Run, which is pretty sweet. More importantly, Squitter returns as one of the regular trophies.
Squitter should've been a newcomer.

Neiteio

What has Sakurai said about whether there'll be the same Assist Trophies in each version? Is it possible there may be some additional Assist Trophies in the WiiU version?

Donkey Kong has seen the biggest revival since Brawl of any of the Smash franchises and so far it's gotten a single new song and three (two, really) Smash Run enemies. This is the entirety of new Donkey Kong content in Smash 3DS outside of trophies.

lol

What has Sakurai said about whether there'll be the same Assist Trophies in each version? Is it possible there may be some additional Assist Trophies in the WiiU version?

This is the caption for the 4/18 PotD:

Sakurai said:
The 3DS version will have roughly the same types of Assist Trophies and Pokémon. Just roughly...

Whether the Wii U will have more ATs or just different ones is unclear, but it seems that, unlike with the roster, there won't be parity with the ATs.

Amazing how someone who could be a world away knows exactly what I'm thinking.

Spongebob is eternal, Spongebob transcends all borders.

Neiteio

Donkey Kong has seen the biggest revival since Brawl of any of the Smash franchises and so far it's gotten a single new song and three (two, really) Smash Run enemies. This is the entirety of new Donkey Kong content in Smash 3DS outside of trophies.

lol
Sakurai sees DKC as "baka gaijin bullshit" confirmed

PBalfredo

EJjlZyO.png

Ness has been my main since 64, and I also play a lot of Peach and ROB. I'll try out all the newcomers but Rosalina and Robin are the ones I want to try out the most. The rest are secondaries that I've had fun playing around with in Melee and Brawl.

Ryce

lol
Tropical Freeze is too recent to count (it's in the same position Galaxy was during Brawl development), and the only characters that mattered in DKC Returns are already playable. I'm 99% confident there's going to be a Donkey Kong Country Returns stage in the Wii U version with a bunch of new music anyway.

Fireblend

Banned
What am I supposed to be using as Pikachu's launching move? His forward smash is like the only move that seems to me like it launches opponents far; with down smash and back-air as close seconds. None of those come even close to Villager's bowling ball (is that a bowling ball?) or his tree chop though.

johnbone

Outsold by the 3DS re-release of Donkey Kong Country Returns alone, so, yeah, lol.

Ah yes, the old sales = everything argument!

DCKR is a great revival in it's own right, but KI:U REDEFINED the ENTIRE SERIES!

DK's recent revival is akin to 2d Mario's revival with NSMB DS, while KI's revival is more like Metroid Prime-a total revamp!

Tropical Freeze is too recent to count (it's in the same position Galaxy was during Brawl development), and the only characters that mattered in DKC Returns are already playable. I'm 99% confident there's going to be a Donkey Kong Country Returns stage in the Wii U version with a bunch of new music anyway.
Doesn't explain my original point of there being absolutely no Donkey Kong assists, period.

DCKR is a great revival in it's own right, but KI:U REDEFINED the ENTIRE SERIES!
Probably cured polio too.

There was a neat but flawed NES game and a bleh gameboy game to make up that 'series'. Not really that surprising that whatever it was going to be a sequel 25 years later had to redefine everything by default.

Ryce

Doesn't explain my original point of there being absolutely no Donkey Kong assists, period.
I didn't see that post. Yeah, it doesn't make much sense. I'm still holding out hope that Dixie Kong might be DLC, but I don't suppose that's very realistic of me.

johnbone

There was a neat but flawed NES game and a bleh gameboy game to make up that 'series'. Not really that surprising that whatever it was going to be a sequel 25 years later had to redefine everything by default.

Of course! Wouldn't that make it the "biggest revival" then?

Jintor

By "big" I was pretty clearly talking about sales. By any metric DKCR stomps Uprising in that department. .

you might have meant it in your head, but a series that pulls a game from two decades of relative obscurity can pretty reasonably be interpreted as the 'biggest revival', compared to the eternal banana-rama swing king that is DK

ffdgh

Okay, since I love ya'll, here's the link to my folder containing the Super Smash Bros. for 3DS OST in MP3 (22khz / 160kbit):

Please give it a few minutes to upload the remaining files (might take up to 30min).

...Come to me Melee menu remix 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom