• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

Top row: Mains (Ike is #1, after that not sure yet)
Bottom row: Characters I'll use every now and then if I feel like it 'cause they seem pretty fun and I like them.

http://i.imgur.com/UmvVNR0.jpg

(Yeah, I like my characters in black; or ideally black and red)
I usually stick with the defaults, but I also tend to gravitate to darker colors for the alts:

ssb-mainlineup02sacj4.png

nk7iZV9.png

I had to join in. It's just so fun seeing everyone's tastes in alternate colors. :p

EDIT: Who am I kidding. I am using way more than just one Koopaling.

I can see the Mewtwo DLC trailer already.

Mewtwo Strikes Back!

How hype is it gonna be to see that Smash trailer intro again in future Directs for DLC :O

Fiktion

Banned
I can see the Mewtwo DLC trailer already.

Mewtwo Strikes Back!

How hype is it gonna be to see that Smash trailer intro again in future Directs for DLC :O
Mario Kart didn't get a DLC trailer, I'm not sure Smash will.

If we do, it'll probably have all the characters in one video. That would be neat.

nerdbot

I don't see Ridley. Weird.

Is he just too damn big that he can't get in even as a trophy?

Smash Wii U is supposed to have more trophies than the 3DS one. I imagine they might've saved him for that considering he only actually appears there? I dunno.

I still believe in DLC. Mewtwo will show up, I just know it *bites knuckle*

Honestly, I think they will have a cut characters DLC. A pack for Lucas, Wolf, Mewtwo, and Ice Climbers. They could make Ice Climbers Wii U DLC only and throw 3DS owners Pichu or something instead or make Ice Climbers New 3DS DLC only.

ReiGun

Honestly, I think they will have a cut characters DLC. A pack for Lucas, Wolf, Mewtwo, and Ice Climbers. They could make Ice Climbers Wii U DLC only and throw 3DS owners Pichu or something instead or make Ice Climbers New 3DS DLC only.

New 3DS only seems most likely, if you ask me.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
BgzDVUe.png

Im feeling that Golden Oozaru look for DK. Time to mollywhop fools with the Great Ape Fist.

jph139

Here's what I'm working with.

40Q0QwJ.png

I'm absolutely loving Mario - as I always have - but I'm going to have to give Doc a spin before I decide which of them I'm going to stick with. Villager and I instantly clicked in the demo so I'm hoping I can push that even further.

Beyond that I'm going to have to experiment a bit... loved Wario in Brawl, but I'll have to wait and see how he translates to Smash 4. Robin looks amazing and I've loved him since Day 1, so hopefully he clicks as well. Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, and Bowser Jr. are all possibilities for me but definitely not as strong as the first two. So essentially at this point: Mario/Doc & Villager will be the two I focus on most, with one of the bottom five possibly moving into that area.

...but in the end I'll probably just hit random 90% of the time anyways. 'cause I'm that kinda guy.

FSLink

Banned
[QUOTE="D";130367912]
BgzDVUe.png

Im feeling that Golden Oozaru look for DK. Time to mollywhop fools with the Great Ape Fist.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a reference to a much less cool thing: Kiddy Kong.

CesvWZW.png

I will continue maining Pikachu. I really like how he plays in Smash 4. Though I do plan to try out Greninja, Lucina and Megaman. I enjoyed playing as Megaman in the demo and will probably give him more of a chance in the full game as well. I'd love to try playing as Sonic again.. In Brawl, he was just too fast for me. It looks like, although I could be wrong, he isn't as fast in Smash 4. Wanna give Lucario another chance as well and I've always enjoyed sometimes using Game & Watch since Melee;

I recall reading Thunder is actually improved in some ways. Like it can rescue you from enemy combos or something.
I think you're referring to this vid from some pages ago.

johnbone

So I don't know if people have said this already, but I think Jigglypuff is gonna be top tier in this game!

She kills super early with neutral and back air, and has plenty of aerial mobility in a game where many characters are ground-based. Plus rest can be comboed into, and the custom "exploding rest" seems to make using rest much less of a gamble! Stale move negation is likely gonna be her worst enemy though...

I'll probably main her along with Pikachu and Captain Falcon.

roknin

As always, I'm extremely indecisive. This isn't even all the characters I want to play or at least try.

That said, I am pretty confident that Lucina will be my main and Samus will be my secondary.

Anyone find any Radiant Dawn trophies? High time we saw Titania or Soren.
Or Nephenee.

I'm sure we'll see some POR/RD trophies in the Wii U version.

Not sure if this was posted, but a video showing all of the Assist Trophies has been unleashed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WLyN9cBbfg&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ

I gotta say, I'm rather disappointed with Nightmare Wizard being a flat, blurry mess of pixels instead of an animated model. He's got a really cool voice, though!

AW YESTHEY USED THE NIGHTMARE ORB FOR THIS INTRO

And he's obviously animated in the Wii U version, so no worries.

Not sure if that's the seiyuu from the anime...though idk if they'd hire him to do one deep laugh, lol.

fL6WFMV.png

Gold team rules!

ahahahaha oh man

All these people with swimsuit Shulk on their rosters. Good.

I'm totally cool with ICs being exclusive to Wii U, but Nintendo ought to give us 3DSers something better than Pichu. At least make it a unique character: Chorus Kids, maybe? If all three moved in lockstep, then I can't imagine they'd be too labor-intensive for the 3DS. That would be even less of an AI than Luma, right?

fL6WFMV.png

Gold team rules!

4b7e674e70e0c60ea93d725eb67d1243b59a7717_full.jpg

So yesterday (after finally realizing that you can play final destination mode in the demo) I pushed Villager to Level 9 with Mario. Got a pretty quick kill within the first minute but damn its really hard to get a second kill...so he randomly knocks me off the platform and I cant recover so its sudden death. He kills me and afterwards he gives me chills by digging up his fossil and looking creepy into the camera... Is my demo haunted? :-D

Nonetheless I'm already better than I was in Brawl :D

FSLink

Banned
I'm totally cool with ICs being exclusive to Wii U, but Nintendo ought to give us 3DSers something better than Pichu. At least make it a unique character: Chorus Kids, maybe? If all three moved in lockstep, then I can't imagine they'd be too labor-intensive for the 3DS. That would be even less of an AI than Luma, right?

I always imagined Chorus Kids to be like Captain Commando in the VS games, they would just summon other Rhythm Heaven characters for their attacks, no AI needed.

RD9H3SY.png

DK, Boozer, and DeDeDe were my Brawl mains, and everyone else through Shulk I'm planning on picking up. Pikachu and on are some of my old side characters that I might play here and there for fun. I really wanna practice with the whole cast though to get a feel for what's good/bad with everyone.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Normally, I would go for some Blue-haired, sword-wielding Fire Emblem character, but the ladies are too lovely in this iteration of Smash.
pIlHZTE.png

I tried my best to limit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom