• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The eternal question still stands:

Which game is best at ruining friendships- Mario Party, Mario Kart, or Smash?

It has to be Mario Party. Because its the game where you can (excuse my words) fucked over the most. Randomly attaching stars to someone at the end of the match because he ran the most? Or some shit like that? Ive never raged as hard as at Mario Party...

Ultimadrago

smashroster9iczx.jpg

Top row are the "For Sure" Mains:

Kirby, my OG man since the 64 days. It doesn't stop now.

Toon Link is the best version of Link and his arrival in Brawl was the god-tier additon I never knew I wanted. Dark version, even better.

Bowser has been my favorite heavy character since Melee. Gold Bowser as an alternate is too good to pass up.

Purin because I've loved Jigglypoo forever. It took me Melee until I became a fan, but they're my go-to for beating friends unsuspectingly.

Marth is still the best Fire Emblem addition, so nothing has changed there.

Bottom row are the Prioritized Newcomers:

Robin is a pretty neat addition. I'll be in the lab with them for a while, but I have a feeling they'll be dropped for a more physical character.

Villager. Yes. Next.

Bowser Jr. is a great rascal. Despite being from a less-than-great game he has managed to rank high on my character choices for nearly all applicable spin-offs. I hope this is turns to be another addition I never knew I needed.

Little Mac and his boxing style are something I've asked for in Smash since Brawl. His deliberately limited recovery is slightly concerning, but the packed punch that comes with it should handle nicely.

Duck Hunt. That Final Smash. Yes. The End.

I'll try everyone, but this is by far "the radar" as it stands.

Okay, since I love ya'll, here's the link to my folder containing the Super Smash Bros. for 3DS OST in MP3 (22khz / 160kbit):

Please give it a few minutes to upload the remaining files (might take up to 30min).

Really cool of you to do this.

Zalman

So I did the roster thing and ended up adding pretty much everyone because I love all these characters so I tried to limit myself to 5 and this is what I came up with.

z4rxMIs.png

mnoM2Lu.png

Less "mains" and more "characters I expect to play a lot", but I had to stop myself there. This game's roster is so big and so full of great choices that I could probably fill another two rows with characters I want to try out on a potential-main basis.

Also, green hair.

Fandangox

Okay, since I love ya'll, here's the link to my folder containing the Super Smash Bros. for 3DS OST in MP3 (22khz / 160kbit):

Please give it a few minutes to upload the remaining files (might take up to 30min).

Do you name the name of the track that is a reaarengement of Brawl's theme? The one that sounds final-boss like

bigmac996

So I just bought this on the Japanese eshop and I'm loving every minute of it.

Would anyone here know if I'd be able to play online against other north americans when the US version hits? Or would I be stuck in the japanese servers?

Tropical Freeze is too recent to count (it's in the same position Galaxy was during Brawl development), and the only characters that mattered in DKC Returns are already playable. I'm 99% confident there's going to be a Donkey Kong Country Returns stage in the Wii U version with a bunch of new music anyway.

There should at least be a Rambi assist trophy that works like Gogoat.

I am having difficulties downloading this. The download went up to 1.3 GB of progress before I decided something was up. The download bar doesn't provide a file size, it just downloads up forever it seems, help? :(

There should at least be a Rambi assist trophy that works like Gogoat.

But that would be a clone, and no clones in Smash :p

Demotalk: Will anyone main Megaman? Other than his awesome Final Smash there isnt anything overly interesting in him...maybe the Rush recovery...but other than that?

PKrockin

Nice to see so many Ness mains sounding off.

VvpbRGV.png

- Ness has been my main since the beginning of the series, and that probably won't change here. EarthBound is one of my favorite games, which I'm sure comes as no surprise to anyone who sees my username. A psychic kid who uses bats and yo-yos is just a fun concept, and PK Thunder is a very cool and interesting special.

- Shulk is my most anticipated character to play. He looks like Ike with the ability to change his attributes on the fly. A challenging character to master, with extreme range at the expense of speed sounds like fun.

- In Brawl I played around with Link and considered getting serious with him, but never got to it. He has a lot of tools with his projectiles, zair, and jab game, and they're all fun to use. His changes just make him feel better to play and I appreciate the buffs. I can't wait to see his custom specials.

- Not much to say about Robin. He looks really solid all around and I'll definitely play him a fair bit if he feels good to control.

If I were to list all the characters I'm interested in playing it would be half the roster, so I'll stop here. I love how unique Sakurai has made the newcomers this time around. It seems like the newcomers for each game in the series have only gotten more distinctive as time went on.

Crayolan

A Resetti-style Cranky that sits back in his rocking chair and bitches about HD graphics or touch controls who can one-hit KO you with his cane if you interrupt his rants would be perfect.

Lmao, I would love this. The only problem with the Resetti AT is that his explosion when you attacked him didn't actually send people flying.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
How do you look at your post history in mobile?

I checked it for you. 49/50 posts on the first page was in Smash threads! :p

ot: I don't think you can. Searching in general is crap on mobile.

cosiant

Neo Member
Been watching some Wii U matches, and the game seems to be faster on the console compared to the 3DS version. Does anyone else have that impression? Or is it just the screen size playing tricks on me eyes.

K-A-Deman

...Only doing this until they release an official OST.

xRv9FFc.png

This is me, fellas. I'm very interested in Olimar's changes this time around. The only reason I didn't play him in Brawl was because his recovery was too easily gimpable. Now that he's got what can be considered a legit recovery, and now that I've seen what his customs are thanks to Joey, I think Olimar shows loads of promise competitively.

Samus has always been my backup character in Smash. Just love her play styles. Curious to see how her nair change will affect the way I play her. Seems like her zoning capabilities have improved with the addition of her customs, and I'm glad for that. Bowser Jr. I'm just interested in general for his whacky tactics. Dr. Mario is too legit, and ROB seems to be a very solid pick from what I've seen in early footage of him.

moomoomilk

Neo Member
I mainly like sword people so going to use Link and Lucina, but will also be using Sheik. I'm also interested in trying Palutena, Wii Fit Trainer, and Rockman.

Japanese copy coming soon... can't wait!

Xane

Darn, I guessed as much once I started scrolling down and the list grew bigger and bigger. I did start another download a while ago, it's at 1.2 now, so it worked out anyways. Thanks so much for the soundtrack! How did you get it?

I used the source files from the game's cartridge. They're not in the best quality imaginable, but it's the best we can have at the moment until the WiiU version releases.

leroidys

Probably played like 20 hours of the demo at this point, finally coming to grips with mega man. Just beat a level 9 mario with him 5:0 in 2 minutes :)

Villager is really fun to play as, but I don't think he's as great as people were making him out to be. Maybe I just need to spend more time with him/her.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Villager is really fun to play as, but I don't think he's as great as people were making him out to be. Maybe I just need to spend more time with him/her.

I felt the same way at first, but now I'm really starting to see his potential.

Probably played like 20 hours of the demo at this point, finally coming to grips with mega man. Just beat a level 9 mario with him 5:0 in 2 minutes :)

5:0 with Megaman against Mario? Thats quite an achievement.

I just started with LVL9 in the demo after first getting into it and I achieved an 2:1 once which is about the best I got^^ Some 1:0 and some Sudden deaths wins

Dr. Buni

Been watching some Wii U matches, and the game seems to be faster on the console compared to the 3DS version. Does anyone else have that impression? Or is it just the screen size playing tricks on me eyes.
Both versions seems to be the exact same speed to me.

Muzy72

Banned
THIS SOUNDTRACK

THIS GOD DAMN SOUNDTRACK

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

$40 JUSTIFIED BY BEING ABLE TO PLAY THE MUSIC IN SLEEP MODE WHEREVER I GO

zashga

It's always hard to pick just a few characters in Smash Bros. Even now all I can think is "well I definitely need Megaman, too."

Ganondorf and Robin are definitely the first two I try to really understand, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom