• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I guess they mean platinum for last year. I doubt many people are platinum this year already. Who knows though.

Early demo is kind of pointless though, why not just release it if it's obviously ready.

SmithnCo

Yeah it better be plat for last year lol. This year would just be cruel.

I've been plat for the last five years, throw me a bone here

Anth0ny

Doc and Luigi feel amazing. Combos everywhere. Doc's bair is back and it is wonderful. God tier gimping tool.

I think Corneria FD is my favorite FD. Gaur Plains is amazing too. Dat music <3

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Woops, slept in and some of you have already unlocked all the characters. Time to play catch up.

Doc and Luigi feel amazing. Combos everywhere. Doc's bair is back and it is wonderful. God tier gimping tool.

I think Corneria FD is my favorite FD. Gaur Plains is amazing too. Dat music <3
Overall how is the game feeling? You think we have a competitively viable game here?

I figure this has been asked and answered at least once, but how do the 3DS controls feel overall? How does playing on the 3DS (screen, sound, etc) feel? These are always my biggest concern with handheld fighters since, uh, I've seen and played handheld fighters before.

I figure this has been asked and answered at least once, but how do the 3DS controls feel overall? How does playing on the 3DS (screen, sound, etc) feel? These are always my biggest concern with handheld fighters since, uh, I've seen and played handheld fighters before.

looks and runs amazing.
controls are more than fine, i only miss c-stick but the rest is really good.
hands hurt after a while tho.

Son, if they are talking about platinum for this year | last year (platinum rewards this summer?) I will have the biggest grin on my face.

Toxi

Banned
Holy fuck.

I was just playing smash run and felt a really sharp pain on my arm, looked to see what it was and there was a wasp stinging my bloody arm, knocked the thing off and then tried to see where it fell so I could stamp on the little shit and it was being attacked by a spider.

What the fuck just happened.
You're welcome.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I don't know if this was confirmed already, but online vs matches count for character unlocks.
As for the online performance, I've been playing with a friend who's in the US (I'm in Japan), and it was ok for the most time, at least for me. We could feel the lag sometimes, since the whole game freezes for miliseconds, but to be honest this happened to me while playing the demo locally as well (with 4 people).
Some of the online matches had 0 lag though, so it's probably the release rush which should calm down after a few days.
Looking at how the first weekend of online MH4 turned out to be, I wouldn't expect lagless games until Tuesday (Monday is a day off in Japan).

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

It's really great. The animation is incredibly smooth, and no problems with sound. The ABXY button layout might take some getting used to if you're partial to the GameCube controller, but I got used to it after a day.

Holy fuck.

I was just playing smash run and felt a really sharp pain on my arm, looked to see what it was and there was a wasp stinging my bloody arm, knocked the thing off and then tried to see where it fell so I could stamp on the little shit and it was being attacked by a spider.

What the fuck just happened.

Smash Run is so fucking hardcore

Anth0ny

Overall how is the game feeling? You think we have a competitively viable game here?

Too early to say, but if Brawl was competitively viable, I see no reason why this game wouldn't be.

Marth and Falcon aren't competitively viable, though :p

is there any difference to FD FD? i haven't figured it out yet.

I swear some are longer than others, but I'm probably wrong.

Some are definitely different, though. Some you can travel under the stage from one edge to the other, others you can't. For example, the Fire Emblem FD doesn't let you, but the Corneria FD does.

How are doc's drills and tornado?

Dair is pretty good. Multi hit, deals decent damage, but has quite a bit of landing lag.

His down b seems to get more height out of it (when you mash b) than his Melee down b. Luigi has this too. Hella height on his down b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom