• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a US code is killing me - spare me Smash Gaf! We've been through so much together <3

Anyways, I just got to jump in on the Nintendo stream and they're just playing Mega Man 7 lol

If I never turn my 3ds/demo off, will I not lose any uses?
Correct, as long as you don't close software or power down the demo doesn't get used up* (usage is taken on opening). Sleep mode won't close software so if you don't need to use your 3DS for anything else have fun. Apparently Club Nintendo demos are unlimited use though.

*-You have to do this with the Etrian Odyssey 4 demo in Europe as it has three uses and given the length of it...

NotLiquid

Playing the demo now and holy shit Mario got buffed. His forward A has a fucking huge window of frames that actually Meteor Smash.

This game runs amazingly well. I could never imagine how good this game runs on 3DS. I'm actually playing Smash, on my portable.

Thanks so much JCH

Anth0ny

Lucario is VERY good. Similar to Brawl, but buffed aura and recovery. He doesn't even need a buffed recovery because of how ledge grab mechanics work now! It's overkill. Seems like a very strong character :)

Just unlocked Bowser Jr.!

Neiteio

Lucario is VERY good. Similar to Brawl, but buffed aura and recovery. He doesn't even need a buffed recovery because of how ledge grab mechanics work now! It's overkill. Seems like a very strong character :)

Just unlocked Bowser Jr.!
Oh, PLEASE, based Anth0ny, provide extensive and detailed impressions of everything pertaining to Bowser Jr. :-D

Currently the No. 1 newcomer I'm anticipating. He looks like a ridiculously fun time. :)

Ok so I haven't unlocked Wario, ROB or Jigglypuff. Any tips?

Wario was 30 VS matches.

ROB was 120.

I don't remember what number Jiggly was. But every ten you unlock a fighter. Alternately, I think Wario was unlocked through Multi-Man.

From further down:
10: Ness
20: Falco
30: Wario
40: Lucina
50: Dark Pit
60: Doc Mario
70: ROB
80: Ganondorf
90: Game and Watch
100: Bowser Jr.
110: Duck Hunt Dog
120: Jigglypuff

Wario was 20 verse matches.

ROB was 120.

I don't remember what number Jiggly was. But every ten you unlock a fighter. Alternately, I think Wario was unlocked through Multi-Man.

So can every character be unlocked through either a set number of vs. matches or a special condition (e.g., complete Classic with X character on Y difficulty?)

beanman25

I can't contain my excitement when playing this game. I feel like a child again with how much fun I'm having.

GOD BLESS YOU NINTENDO AND SAKURAI

Wario was 20 verse matches.

ROB was 120.

It's:

Anth0ny

Oh, PLEASE, based Anth0ny, provide extensive and detailed impressions of everything pertaining to Bowser Jr. :-D

Currently the No. 1 newcomer I'm anticipating. He looks like a ridiculously fun time. :)

Some cool stuff I noticed:

-When you do your up b, Bowser Jr. jumps out of his little clown copter. If you do this on stage, the copter falls to the ground and EXPLODES, dealing massive damage and sending the opponent flying. It's obviously not going to be easy to land, but I sent my opponent flying when I accidentally did it, lol

-When you do that up b, you lose your copter. However, you do not go into the falling state. You are actually given one aerial move (whether you press a, forward +a, down + a, it's always the same) while you are in this "copter-less" state... Bowser Jr pulls out a hammer and swings it around him, similar to Marth's neutral air

-The announcer actually says ROY, WENDY, IGGY etc.

He's a really fun character and feels good to use. He's quick and has no overly laggy moves. Gonna play a few more rounds with him.

daydream

Banned
Playing the demo, it's astonishing how smooth it is.

I like how they're showing the time and the battery status at the bottom. It shall come in handy, lol.

JoeInky

Does anyone want to do some 1v1, 3 stock, 8 minutes, items off with customisation turn on? I want to try something in a more... non shitty-cpu environment.

Neiteio

Some cool stuff I noticed:

-When you do your up b, Bowser Jr. jumps out of his little clown copter. If you do this on stage, the copter falls to the ground and EXPLODES, dealing massive damage and sending the opponent flying. It's obviously not going to be easy to land, but I sent my opponent flying when I accidentally did it, lol

-When you do that up b, you lose your copter. However, you do not go into the falling state. You are actually given one aerial move (whether you press a, forward +a, down + a, it's always the same) while you are in this "copter-less" state... Bowser Jr pulls out a hammer and swings it around him, similar to Marth's neutral air

-The announcer actually says ROY, WENDY, IGGY etc.

He's a really fun character and feels good to use. He's quick and has no overly laggy moves. Gonna play a few more rounds with him.
Awesome! Please provide more impressions, if it's not too much trouble. I'm eating this up!

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
It's:

It's been a while since I've had to unlock Smash characters this way, but you can unlock characters by playing against bots in Sudden Death mode right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom