• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majukun

i'm not a pro on smash bros,so i'm genuinely asking..why it's so bad that a move has some kind of lag?it just means that you can't spam it but you need to be careful when you use it..if that's also a good move (like cap. falcon knee),that sounds like good balance to me.

Aaaaaand just got all characters

wJRlfx7.jpg

Fast :O

i'm not a pro on smash bros,so i'm genuinely asking..why it's so bad that a move has some kind of lag?it just means that you can't spam it but you need to be careful when you use it..if that's also a good move (like cap. falcon knee),that sounds like good balance to me.
It's good balance, but folks don't want their character of choice to be balanced. They want the character to be absurdly good.

Yeah it's intended for balance. People upset about the lag probably use that character and don't want their character nerfed, but there's nothing inherently wrong with move lag. With that said, since I really suck at timing and tend to button mash, characters light on lag are probably what I'd be better off using.

Lag disables certain maneuvers and sometimes leave your character able to be hit even though he landed the first attack.

people fear the game will become defense orientated. more lag means attacking is a huge risk. that's the logic behind not wanting lag.

i absolutely suck with Palutena, can't figure out how to play with her. her whole moveset feels off to me. need more time to figure it out.

Zane

You can simplify a lot of the moves in Smash into two categories: Low-risk and high-risk. Marth, for example, was characterized by his wide variety of low-risk moves, which gave him a lot of different options in the heat of battle and allowed him to perform long, intricate combos. Most of Smash's characters have historically been designed around the balance of high risk and low risk moves. It sounds like Marth's moves have all been turned into high risk moves with lots of lag, which goes against his history of being a fast character with lots of options

Artanisix

aside from stuff that came before (Mario, Kirby, Palutena, Mii Fighters mainly), no. Some moves have come out (like Ganondorf Warlock punch becoming Warlock stab)

Thanks, appreciate it.

I'm not sure the game will truly be competitive-viable (I consider brawl non-competitive) but it'd be interesting to see if custom moves become standard or if they're disallowed.

JoeInky

Holy fuck.

I was just playing smash run and felt a really sharp pain on my arm, looked to see what it was and there was a wasp stinging my bloody arm, knocked the thing off and then tried to see where it fell so I could stamp on the little shit and it was being attacked by a spider.

What the fuck just happened.

Beats

Holy fuck.

I was just playing smash run and felt a really sharp pain on my arm, looked to see what it was and there was a wasp stinging my bloody arm, knocked the thing off and then tried to see where it fell so I could stamp on the little shit and it was being attacked by a spider.

Damn, Smash Run is hardcore.

Golnei

Holy fuck.

At least it wasn't a weta.

Blizzard

Banned
Holy fuck.

See, people? Smash Run.

Not even once.

Holy fuck.

Add a Uwe Boll movie, and this is pretty much my nightmare

Majukun

people fear the game will become defense orientated. more lag means attacking is a huge risk. that's the logic behind not wanting lag.

but from what i heard,shield are really weak and break easily in this game..if you are able to spam attacks without any kind of lag ,wouldn't it become too offense orientated ?

rjinaz

Holy fuck.

You're playing too much Smash, you're hallucinating now.

Dimmle

Holy fuck.

can anyone else confirm this

daydream

Banned
Holy fuck.

You and the spider are friends now. Hook it up with a 3DS and play Smash Run together.

Holy fuck.

Man first no online and now this? I'm starting to dislike Smash Run. /:

Anth0ny

Anthony how are pit and greninja?

Okay played Pit, Dark Pit and Greninja.

I never really played Pit in Brawl so I can't really give a detailed Break down. But I will tell you he felt good to play. Decent range on his moves, good knock back on his back air which works as a kill move, good recovery... not a lot of lag on his moves. So he felt good upon initial impression, unlike Marth, Lucina and Falcon.

Dark Pit felt exactly the same lololololo

Greninja, on the other hand, feels AMAZING. Just like the Best Buy demo. Like Sheik Jr. Maybe a bit faster, just less powerful. Greninja is my kind of character, for sure. Just need to get used to his movement, cause he's quick.

Just unlocked Doc :)

Hatchtag

Banned
Holy fuck.

Weta Stings In!

Holy fuck.

ok.jpg

Anth0ny

Yeah well, I don't like your impressions

:(

Hey man, it hurts me the most to say it :(

Doc though.... Mario is BACK. Real down b, real down air, and KOBE!!!!!!

Is Sheik back to her Melee level of being OP? Can her aerials kill people again?

Nowhere near as strong as Melee, but she's quick enough to rack up damage to 120ish percent. At that point, fair and bair kill closer to the edge of the stage.

Thanks to the ledge mechanics, she can freely chase up stage and up b back to the ledge with no fear of being edge hogged :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom