• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody_D165

Banned
Anth0ny probably watchin' this set like

tumblr_m8ystcxfND1qhx229.gif

Blizzard

Banned
I wonder what happened that one straight-down Sheik self-destruct that was the only lost match -- maybe they just didn't press the button hard enough or something.

Mariolee

Good game. The air game with Sheik was incredible. Had edge guarding remained without the trumping mechanic this would've been a totally different game.

Look at what's happened to me,
I can't believe it myself.
Suddenly I'm up on top of the world,
It should've been somebody else.

Believe it or not,
I'm walking on air.
I never thought I could feel so free eee eee.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me.

You'll get to move on from Melee until M2K writes a thesis about how Smash 4 sucks and everyone listens to him instead of forming their own opinion.

Fiktion

Banned
I'm trying to imagine what it'll be like when we're watching HD tournament streams with the WiiU version.

These 3DS captures already look good

You'll get to move on from Melee until M2K writes a thesis about how Smash 4 sucks and everyone listens to him instead of forming their own opinion.

You never know. Justin Wong put out a pretty well-thought tweet about how he felt about Marvel vs Capcom 3 and people bashed him for it. Then he changed his mind.

CassSept

Great to hear that the game is getting good initial reception. I didn't like Brawl too much, but I'm really liking what it feels like after few matches in the demo. Controls are somewhat awkward but man, WiiU version will be so fun.

Until people go back to Melee/PM and start shitting on the game calling it Brawl 2.0 again x)

It will be the same thing but in HD. It is easy to imagine.

I'd say that two things can happen in a couple of years:

- There will be a "Project M" version of the Wii U game. People will probably flock to that and many will probably abandon that for the new version.

- The metagame will develop, creating interesting matches that will change the pro's opinions of the game.

Seriously guys, just enjoy what Sakurai and his team have worked hard to make for us. Yeah it may not be perfect, but no game can ever be absolutely perfect. Even melee. Everything is based off personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom