• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Wow DDD is completely different.

Obviously chain grab doesn't work.

Forward air is now a downward swing with his hammers instead of upwards thrust.

He no longer has the kick as a back air, but yet another hammer swing.

Down tilt is this weird ass roll.

Down air is a downward swing instead of the multi hit hammer twirl.

Random changes.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The game is just ridiculously pretty. Can't believe this runs at 60 fps with 3D on. Sakurai you wizard.

MBR

Banned
I can tell just from playing the demo 5 minutes now; this is one hell of a game. I did not expect the controls to feel as tight as they do, my rusty ass even won against lvl 9 really early.

Anth0ny

Anthony you try pit and greninja yet?

yeah, this thread moves fast

Okay played Pit, Dark Pit and Greninja.

I never really played Pit in Brawl so I can't really give a detailed Break down. But I will tell you he felt good to play. Decent range on his moves, good knock back on his back air which works as a kill move, good recovery... not a lot of lag on his moves. So he felt good upon initial impression, unlike Marth, Lucina and Falcon.

Dark Pit felt exactly the same lololololo

Greninja, on the other hand, feels AMAZING. Just like the Best Buy demo. Like Sheik Jr. Maybe a bit faster, just less powerful. Greninja is my kind of character, for sure. Just need to get used to his movement, cause he's quick.

Just unlocked Doc :)

Jab to finisher is so good.

Just unlocked Duck Hunt Dog. Time to play some Banjo Kazooie :D

NotLiquid

Question to people with the full game - what does "Omega Form" do on the stage select?

Also (if the above doesn't pertain to it) are there any options to turn off bosses during regular stages where they appear in?

Anth0ny

Unlocked all characters!

Why is Jiggs after Duck Hunt Dog? lol

DISAPPOINTMENT TON: Jiggs still has the garbage Brawl rest -_-

ec0ec0

Is Zero playing online in for glory then or is it a friend?

I am sorry. I am not sure (when i came back to ZeRos stream he was already playing against this Duck Hunt player). But ZeRo called him "this guy" (or something like that) before, so i would say that its not a friend of him.

Neiteio

ssb-wendy01zjsdf.png

SO GOOD

NotLiquid

Pikachu feels a bit.. off. All his attacks feel like they have a lot more cooldown than they used to, though that might just be me.

Anth0ny

No Mango Jiggly confirmed.

How is Toon Link? Does he still have a good amount of knockout ability?

He feels more or less the same as Brawl. Solid character.

Going to get some lunch now. I'll be back later with more in depth impressions of Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr.

drotahorror

Can someone explain the controls a bit to me? I thought there used to be a dedicated button for smashes?

Y/X are jump
B is a special move button/final smash?
A is normal attacks AND smash attacks? And you have to hold down A with a directional to do a smash? Does holding down longer increase power? How weak is a shortly held smash attack?
L/R is grab/shield

Is that the basic jist of it?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
So nobody in the demo thread answered this because they are too busy code begging, how do you break the fairy bottle? All I have been able to do is just throw it like 10 times and it doesn't break. Attacking it does nothing either.

Richie

My good Smashers, if anyone was so kind as to PM with a code, I'll get you any of the current Club Nintendo rewards, plus my eternal friendship and gratitude...Maaan, an hour and a half from leaving the office, the hype is big....

So nobody in the demo thread answered this because they are too busy code begging, how do you break the fairy bottle? All I have been able to do is just throw it like 10 times and it doesn't break. Attacking it does nothing either.

You have to have 100+ damage, then it will heal you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom