• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
My control stick is so fucked :( it's hard to move it, especially in something like smash. And I just got the demo too!

I'll have to send it in for repair (again), anyone have any idea to make it more loose meanwhile?

Dangit, I got Platinum and meet the other requirements and still have no code. Any kind GAFfer willing to PM me one? I have Club Nintendo codes...

Bacon

Guys please. You'll be taking up the whole front page in no time :p

jwvDfTF.png

Revven

Those looking for another good stream: www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp (local 1v1s between Coney and GimR, competitive players).

Demo impressions so far: OG 3DS is not terrible to play the game on BUT my Circle Pad might be too loose for the game -- it's really hard to do tilts without accidentally doing smash attacks. Also, I REALLY need button config because I am not used to R being shield and... I feel like X/Y to jump is awkward on this compared to what I'm used to on the Gamecube controller but that may just be me needing to adapt or start learning tap jump for the 3DS exclusively.

The game feels miles better than Brawl, fwiw. But there's still some things I wished they brought back from Melee (momentum conserved when you jump would help the game feel a lot, honestly).

I'll keep playing the Demo to see if I can adjust to things or not.

JoeM86

Has anyone worked out methods for ROB/Jigglypuff away from VS mode? Don't really want to have to play through 120 matchs...

Anth0ny

Anyone know how to customize controls? I can't read Japanese.

Also, the final boss of classic mode at the highest difficulty is FUCKED. You have to fight like 5 phases.

As someone that hasn't played a Smash Bros. game since game since Melee years ago I have no idea what I am doing :p

Also a side note to anyone that thinks that the game doesn't look good in trailers..... don't, the game looks amazing in person

JoeInky

The custom move drops are completely random and you can get duplicates of moves you already have :/.

I've been trying for the past hour to get my last Mario customisation but I just can't.

Putting a decent amount of time into the demo I'm surprised at how well it controls (though i've spent a lot of time with the classic controller for Brawl so it's pretty similar) and more surprised at just how much I enjoy using Mega Man.
Problem now is that the hunger for the full game is too strong, this demo is a blessing and a curse.

For anyone else ruined by not getting emails with Club Nintendo, I called customer service and they turned it on. They said to call if I don't get it by tomorrow and they'll get me one. Try it!

JoeInky

Still trying to find something, anything, about Ness that will make me feel like there's something good to him.

You can short hop double nair I guess?

beanman25

Welp. 15 straight losses to some guy who switched people every match. Guess I shouldn't have played CPU only for 6 years. lol

JoeInky

The knockback was on high for some reason and you can't change lobby options when someone is in the room apparently (that's dumb).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom