• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golnei

From everything I'm hearing about the music, I'm definitely going to avoid listening to anything before the international release. It should be amazing in context.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
So I'm an idiot, can someone explain to me what Shulk's B move does? The ones with the symbols? I used it a bit during Classic mode but couldn't really work it out.

Tripon

Now that the game is out in Japan, the JP Miiverse community and Director section has added a 3DS tag. Doesn't mean much, but thought that was a littler interesting.

wQeWI8o.png

From everything I'm hearing about the music, I'm definitely going to avoid listening to anything before the international release. It should be amazing in context.

Yeah, I listened to the entire Dark World one and some of the Magicant one but I'm saving all the non-site stuff for when I get the game. So good!

So I'm an idiot, can someone explain to me what Shulk's B move does? The ones with the symbols? I used it a bit during Classic mode but couldn't really work it out.

It changes his attributes. For instance faster speed but weaker attack, more knock back but less damage, etc. Each stance gives him a different advantage in one regard and a weakness in another.

watershed

Banned
3+ hours with the demo and I'm now getting use to the controls. So far Link feels the best to play but Villager the most interesting. It's kind of hard to figure out his strengths but gyroids are super fun.

Roo

Now that the game is out in Japan, the JP Miiverse community and Director section has added a 3DS tag. Doesn't mean much, but thought that was a littler interesting.

wQeWI8o.png

Quick, everyone spam the shit out of Miiverse asking for Ice Climbers!!!

Fireblend

Banned
Even if he's better, I don't think I'll ever be able to play Link well, haha.

I always get easy KOs with when I'm up-and-close. That's it, really.
I have trouble pulling it off though. Most of the time when I intend to use it, I end up doing the electric upsmash instead. I wonder if it's my console =/

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Gave in to the hype and am downloading now. Was just going to wait for the Wii U version originally.

For those who have tried online, how is the netcode?

There are only.two things I don't like about Megaman:
1) The way the announcer says his voice is awful.
2) Dair should have more range. It always disappears right before I need it.

3+ hours with the demo and I'm now getting use to the controls. So far Link feels the best to play but Villager the most interesting. It's kind of hard to figure out his strengths but gyroids are super fun.

My kindred spirit! I was just telling a friend how I was loving how Link feels and plays now and that Villager is so unique he is definately getting the second most amount of playtime even though I was looking forward to megaman much more. I think once I can disable up = jump I will like megaman more (also struggling with shoruken)

For those who have the Japanese copy, congrats! Loving the Platinum Demo at the moment, been playing it for hours!
I wanted to ask for those who have the Full game, if any of you change the button layout. If you did, what did you change, and does it feel better?
To me, the default isn't bad, but I rather have shield on L and grab on R.

Velcro Fly

Mega Man is so fun. Just getting used to the controls but I'm having a ton of fun with the demo. Still trying for my first spike with the hard knuckle though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

wQeWI8o.png

I kinda suspected that we are getting two different POTDs everyday ever since they changed the codes/urls for daily images. It's more likely that we are getting two potd per day (one for JP, and one for rest of worldwide)

watershed

Banned
For those who have the Japanese copy, congrats! Loving the Platinum Demo at the moment, been playing it for hours!
I wanted to ask for those who have the Full game, if any of you change the button layout. If you did, what did you change, and does it feel better?
To me, the default isn't bad, but I rather have shield on L and grab on R.
I only have the demo but after playing for a few hours now I think I'm gonna definitely gonna switch the shield and grab and flip the Y to B and X to A. For some reason I really want jump to be B with attacks at X and Y.

Blizzard

Banned
I only have the demo but after playing for a few hours now I think I'm gonna definitely gonna switch the shield and grab and flip the Y to B and X to A. For some reason I really want jump to be B with attacks at X and Y.
I kept pressing A or something to jump. B might work too.

I kind of want to turn tap jump off when I get the full version, but I am interested since someone suggested you can only really do certain maneuvers properly when you have it on?

watershed

Banned
I kept pressing A or something to jump. B might work too.

I kind of want to turn tap jump off when I get the full version, but I am interested since someone suggested you can only really do certain maneuvers properly when you have it on?

I don't know about that. I'm not really digging the circle pad that much so I'm sticking with button jumping for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom