• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, don't let this dumb ass argument start again :(

That will be 20 pages of bs :/

no offence
I apologize for nothing, the decision sucks.

Nope

I think more likely Nana would be 30fps, but I don't think they wanted to make that sacrifice as it would look super janky.
Olimar's Pikmin are animated at 30fps, but then again, they aren't as prominent as Nana.

Golnei

Yoshi's eggs finally match his color....it only took 14 years but i'm not complaining.

Hopefully, in the next game, more characters will have unique shield effects. If done correctly, they'd be just as readable as the current ones while providing more visual coherence to each series represented - though Kirby should keep the bubble shield.

Kewl0210

Neo Member
I'd assume there's some place on the internet people are archiving custom moves, but I haven't seen any and I'm trying to unlock some.

Fox has a side-b called "Wolf Flash" which does wolf's side-B for Brawl.

One of Jigglypuff's rests makes her shoot upward and have a bigger hitbox as she uses it, but it's not as powerful. I've got both sings. One makes opponents turn around and one does damage, but the damaging one only makes PART of the sound waves do damage and it's not that much. And a multi-slap that slaps several times in a row really fast and she slides a bit. It does a few more damage, also.

Golnei

I'd assume there's some place on the internet people are archiving custom moves, but I haven't seen any and I'm trying to unlock some.

I'm offended. Without Wolf's normals, that means nothing.

The NSMB is charming. The various little things from NSMB in it are cool, even if it seems kind of obnoxious at times. When the music stopped and the blue coins showed up, it made me really like the level. Except the layout seems kind of bad

And no "bah bahs" lol

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'll tell you what I love. The sound that plays when you start to charge a smash attack, and how it's unique (or at least semi-unique) for each character. Such a neat new detail.

Neiteio

Guys, Green Mamba is free to dislike whatever he wants. Hopefully the next Smash Bros will be more to his tastes.

At any rate, I'm loving what I see here. The fact I just saw Morton take on Smash Run is just... Well, it's something special, is what it is. I've always wanted to play as the Koopalings. Mario Kart 8 was the start. Now here we are whizzing around in the Clown Car (something -else- I've always wanted to control), and with the option to tackle 2D side-scrolling labyrinths packed full of enemies and secrets, if we wish. :)

Jr. and the Koopalings look so good in actual 1v1, as well. They're limited in terms of KO power, but they have a lot of rushdown and combo options for racking up damage quick. They just look like a ton of fun. Such incredible fan service AND moveset creativity. :)

So we're going on the assumption that a trophy of a character rules them out for DLC?

I'm not at all. The effort to put "Ice Climbers (Classic)" or "Wolf (Assualt)" like the other characters with multiple trophies is so miniscule, it's a non-issue.

The lack of a Ridley trophy is kind of odd though.

Neoxon

I'm not at all. The effort to put "Ice Climbers (Classic)" or "Wolf (Assualt)" like the other characters with multiple trophies is so miniscule, it's a non-issue.

The lack of a Ridley trophy is kind of odd though.
Why? Doesn't the Wii U have exclusive trophies? Ridley is probably there with Metal Face.

munchie64

When all is said and done, I think the 3DS stage selection is pretty good. I hope the Wii U version is better, but that said, I like it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
How would've you guys felt if they held back Smash 4, and it was released exclusively for the New 3DS.

Probably could've gotten more Stages and IC with that.

Forkball

Beat Classic at 8.0. Also got Bowser Jr. I recommend going through Classic at 9.0. It takes a lot of coins, but the roulette before each match nets some unreal rewards. Even if you lose some coins and get knocked down at Master Core, you can still come out on top. Take the blue path if you have to.

Exactly why I think she could have been. But even they look really bad if you focus too much on them, despite being tiny. Having half a character look like that wouldn't work.
Yeah, that would look really bad. I'd still take it over not having the Ice Climbers period, but I doubt it's that simple. When I first saw Olimar's Pikmin in the 3DS version it was definitely eye opening in a bad way. We're probably lucky Olimar made it in at all.

Guys, Green Mamba is free to dislike whatever he wants. Hopefully the next Smash Bros will be more to his tastes.
Man, I'll be in my mid thirties by the time the next Smash comes out, I don't even want to think about that. Smash comes out way too infrequently for me to just shrug my shoulders at baffling game design decisions.

Yeah, that would look really bad. I'd still take it over not having the Ice Climbers period, but I doubt it's that simple. When I first saw Olimar's Pikmin in the 3DS version it was definitely eye opening in a bad way. We're probably lucky Olimar made it in at all.

Olimar isn't Ice Climbers, they probably would have did whatever they had to do to get him in the game. Pikmin is a core Nintendo series.

This hurt a lot.

I understand though. I'm sure they tried everything to get the Ice Climbers in. It must be just as heartbreaking to Sakurai.
Yeah. No way he would've cut a uniqe moveset and especially an entire franchise unless he was forced too. I know alot of people are mad at the 3DS version for it, but portable Smash is mine and many others dream. Finally a Smash that I can really get into since I dislike playing on Home Consoles.

They will return for Smash 5 but until then I hope we all enjoy Smash 4 on either or both systems we choose, :)
Reports from Japan indicate that we do get our coins, though.
Meh, does'n't really matter to me. Aw well, it is I who chooses not to quit the demo. I think I'm going to have a hard time maining anyone besides the demo characters tho lol.

SmithnCo

A nice touch is that Pikachu's forward Smash electricity comes straight from his cheeks. If you pause in the demo you can see it.

Neoxon

Before I agreed with the assumption of trophy = no chance as DLC, but too many options (sans the Chorus Kids, that we know of) are being marked off.

So Game and Watch still has part of Snake's victory song in it

So there's a little piece of Snake in this Smash Bros, even if just a few notes at the end of his victory song... which was his death song from his own game.

One of Jigglypuff's rests makes her shoot upward and have a bigger hitbox as she uses it, but it's not as powerful. I've got both sings. One makes opponents turn around and one does damage, but the damaging one only makes PART of the sound waves do damage and it's not that much. And a multi-slap that slaps several times in a row really fast and she slides a bit. It does a few more damage, also.

YES!

Doesn't make up for everything else he had.

SmithnCo

DoubleSlap basically? Sweet.

Golnei

So Game and Watch still has part of Snake's victory song in it

So there's a little piece of Snake in this Smash Bros, even if just a few notes at the end of his victory song... which was his death song from his own game.

G&W has his victory theme, Sheik has his neutral B, Pit has his side-B, Megaman has his up-B and Falcon has his ass. Maybe they scrapped him for parts after all.

GSR

Put in a solid few hours.

The game is pretty great! I'm really liking several of the new characters (Greninja, Shulk, Robin...) and though the lack of a full adventure mode is a little disappointing, Smash Run is still a lot of fun, and at the end of the day - it's Smash Bros. Always going to be worth a play.

Why? Doesn't the Wii U have exclusive trophies? Ridley is probably there with Metal Face.

Would seem kind of off to have such an important character like Ridley to not even
have a trophy/ cameo.

Then again, Metroid isn't really handheld based.

Pokemon, and Rhythm Heaven are however.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

So this is the feeling of wanting to destroy the world

Meffer

i too love having fewer characters on the roster and therefore less options for playstyles for people to enjoy. please remove more characters from this game nintendo

Not to mention Dr. Mario has Mario's Melee moveset, which means no FLUDD. He's the better Mario.

Kewl0210

Neo Member
Oh and Jiggy's got a regular b roll that goes through the opponents instead of bouncing off of them. And another slap that does sideways knock-back but she doesn't slide forward as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom