• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Thoraxes

I like how the Mac situation has progressed to the point that any match with a Mac will inevitably have a 10 second long sequence where one dude is standing on the edge and the Mac is just standing in the middle staring at them saying "haha nope I'm not that dumb (anymore)"
That's when I shoot them with my dudes, cans, and clay pigeons :D

They all give in!

Blizzard

Banned
This heals her? Crap, no wonder those matches drag on for so long. I didn't even notice I was feeding them.
I don't think it heals you, but it nullifies projectiles of many sorts, meaning you can rob Villager of the recovery. It may also damage enemies if they get hit by the projectile, but it seems to me that's pretty unlikely unless it's free for all or something.

You can also pull in something like one of Link's bombs and still take damage when it goes off, so you have to be careful.

Thoraxes

Played 10 matches against a Little Mac and HE DESTROYED my Greninja.

How the hell do you deal with this character!?
Most of the problems with Mac are that he just can't have his attacks disrupted by you being faster.

If there were more leniency on that, every character would be on a much more equal footing with him.

I've just come to learn that you can never go on the offensive against Mac because he can go through almost all your attacks without hesitation.

You always have to play the waiting game when fighting one.

SmithnCo

Brawl was filled with people that would just sign on to taunt and do nothing else.

Presumably this made Sakurai mad somehow.

Good, at a certain point the taunt parties dominated the random online.

Though that might be because fighting was out of the question with that netcode.

beanman25

Slaughterhouse for me when I'm up against a Zelda. Whatever her teleport move is does way too much damage and is unpredictable.

-PXG-

I want to dig into him a lot when the wii u version comes out. When you toss his can out it zooms out to keep it on screen so I can't see shit when playing him usually.

I destroy every one I encounter. They can't do anything against Falco's reflector :p

I can't wait for my three day weekend so I can actually play with you guys. I play For Glory when I get home from work. But I'm down for friendlies with you guys this weekend. Anyone who plays Toon Link or Falco in need of help and tips, let me know :)

ChrisD

Ahaha, perfect timing. My system is blinking.

Good games, Azuran. My constant suicides weren't on purpose, I swear. Also, apologies for the lag hiccups...

Edit: SHOOT. I forgot to record any of the matches! I've been trying to record matches played against each character, and Link was a missing... Yeah, I'll let you fill that in.

Azuran

Banned
Good matches Chris, those were pretty even from what I saw. Shame about the random ass burst of lags that showed up in a couple of them :/

Also, Ada and Kathryn if you ever read this, sorry for turning down your requests to join. I always welcome you guys so I felt so bad saying no this time. :(

Ahaha, perfect timing. My system is blinking.

Good games, Azuran. My constant suicides weren't on purpose, I swear. Also, apologies for the lag hiccups...

Edit: SHOOT. I forgot to record any of the matches! I've been trying to record matches played against each character, and Link was a missing... Yeah, I'll let you fill that in.

lol no worries. I suicide all the time with Greninja, hence I didn't use him this time :p

Kjellson

I just played my first online games. The good news is that it was completely lawless, the bad news is that I'm shit.

I've been having a lot of fun online so far! I haven't met a single Mac yet, but a pretty good variety overall. Has anyone recorded any of their replays? I'd love to see some top-notch matches...

After years of maining Falco, I might have actually found a new compadre in Robin! Who knows if it's my obsession with Awakening that's behind it, but I could get used to it! I've got a silly little battle recorded if anyone wants to see it...

http://youtu.be/Yq8C7E3w74A

Villager dittos are the best. It's constant pocketing.

I'm doing pretty decent online so far. 58 wins out of 71 matches. Not bad for having a semi-broken circle pad.

EDIT: Nah Never mind

Also, having a ton of fun so far with the game. I am currently maining between Toon Link, Luigi and Wario. Toon Link may be my favorite though

EulaCapra

Who did I just play?

You were making a 4-star meal while all I wanted to do was bake a good ol' pie. That was some fancy Mega Man work.

Who did I just play?

You were making a 4-star meal while all I wanted to do was bake a good ol' pie. That was some fancy Mega Man work.

That was me, hah hah. Good games! I enjoyed seeing the customization, even if just playing against them! We'll have to play again sometime :)

I'm still up for 1v1s if anyone's interested!
3110-4300-6721

Anteo

GG's DooD1234

I need to work on my execution, I either not get the move I want on time or misjudge the distance to use it.

beanman25

I'm done for the night.

I feel like I was getting better, but today I hit a wall. I kept matching up with players using all kinds of people beating my behind into the ground.

I guess I'll inevitably get better, yeah? I'd like to become decent enough to hit up tournaments in the midwest (obviously I won't win, haha) I try not to get angry, but it's so frustrating when I hardly land a hit on someone who seems to be playing not so great. For instance, a Link tore me apart who just kept throwing bombs into the air, shooting arrow and throwing boomerangs at me. I try different things and I still get duped by his projectiles.

I can't do many of the advanced tactics on the 3DS, but hopefully that changes on the Wii U.

DeadNames

Banned
God, fighting Little Mac is one of the most infuriating things I have ever done in any video game.

I just don't even feel like playing when he's picked. He's like prenerf Kayle from League.

Nintendo needs to put another map into 1v1 where he's not absolutely braindead easy.

Beats

Think that's enough for tonight. GGs Beats! As fun as always fighting you. Your WFT is something else!

Good games TWILT! Your Shulk is really good. Looks like you got down when to use Monado Arts really well. You were chasing me offstage near the blast zones with the Jump Art and there wasn't much I could do about that lol.

I think I'll have to try my second custom moveset more often. Seems very effective, but I'll have to play in real matches with it more.

edit: also have you seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjubeRA0pdI

TWILT

Banned
Good games TWILT! Your Shulk is really good. Looks like you got down when to use Monado Arts really well. You were chasing me offstage near the blast zones with the Jump Art and there wasn't much I could do about that lol.

I think I'll have to try my second custom moveset more often. Seems very effective, but I'll have to play in real matches with it more.

edit: also have you seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjubeRA0pdI

Thanks! Gotta try to use Buster less at the beginnin since it's just inviting people to damage me if I can't land a hit on them lol.

And yeah, I've heard about that, but haven't seen it in action. Gonna try and implement into my gameplan soon.

Top Bottom