• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Too busy taunting.

DOQb1wf.png

Palutena/Rosalina must have a flow chart where it's like "Dash Attack -> Did You Figure Out How To Use Their Specials -> Stop Lying, You're Just Mashing B -> Dash Attack"

Who gave you my winning playbook!?

ChrisD

I think I'm just gonna... Settle on not doing techs... My circle pad feels lose after a measly thirty minutes of foxtrot/pivot practice. And maybe five trying the Toon Link techs.

BUT I WANNA LEARN THESE

;~;

Neiteio

I kind of want to get good at King Dedede, but all his colors are just kind of so-so :-\

(Yes, this is important, lol)

all the FD versions should be rolled up into one so that if you pick FD, you get to pick which variation to play on, and if you ban FD, then all of them are out for the set

beanman25

Welp. IF you're a half decent Zelda or Rosalina I lose. Impossible to beat the teleporters.\

Little Mac still too. Just played one. I sat on edge first game, he didn't move and I lose in sudden death. Second fight he sprints around and I can't touch him! :(

I kind of want to get good at King Dedede, but all his colors are just kind of so-so :-\

(Yes, this is important, lol)

I gotta be honest, if it weren't for his swimsuit alt, I probably wouldn't have picked up Shulk on the night the game came out. Now he's my secondary.

Costumes are super important, people.

Neiteio

Am I missing something with the debate over which FD stages should be legal? Aren't they all the same length, same blast zones, etc? I guess some of them you can't travel beneath, but I don't see any characters traveling below the stage to the other side in the ones where you can.

ChrisD

Am I missing something with the debate over which FD stages should be legal? Aren't they all the same length, same blast zones, etc? I guess some of them you can't travel beneath, but I don't see any characters traveling below the stage to the other side in the ones where you can.

I think the blast boxes also differ a bit.

Kinsei

Banned

I think it's because tower stages give an advantage to characters that can wall jump.

Anth0ny

all the FD versions should be rolled up into one so that if you pick FD, you get to pick which variation to play on, and if you ban FD, then all of them are out for the set

I'm thinking it at least needs to be split into two:

1. FDs where you can travel underneath
2. FDs where you can't travel underneath

#2 gives an advantage to wall jumpers.

Also why does Zero ban Yoshi's Island Brawl?

Characters who can cling to walls, like Sheik and Villager, can apparently cause all sorts of trouble on Omegas with walls that travel all the way down. I guess they have an easier time recovering and can camp down there? I'm not sure exactly what sort of shenanigans they can pull, but I hear it;s a problem.

WOW. I have now just learned that hitting Pac-Man's hydrant with the tip of Ness's bat... with Pac-Man on the hydrant... is a 0-death move

J@hranimo

Banned
Palutena/Rosalina must have a flow chart where it's like "Dash Attack -> Did You Figure Out How To Use Their Specials -> Stop Lying, You're Just Mashing B -> Dash Attack"

Nah, for Palutena it's "Dash attack/Down grab -> fair/nair/uair -> Did it kill? Yes (Zone with neutral B when they respawn)/ No (Rinse and repeat)"

Also good games mmxzero! Impeccable internet connection as well, barely any lag :)

Sorry I had to leave, had to take a call for work.

Crayolan

I'm thinking it at least needs to be split into two:

1. FDs where you can travel underneath
2. FDs where you can't travel underneath

#2 gives an advantage to wall jumpers.

Also why does Zero ban Yoshi's Island Brawl?

It'd be fine if the competitive community recognized all from each group as a single stage, and so once you've chosen one you've chosen them all.

Man Ness killed me at 0% with his bat and my fire hydrant
WOW. I have now just learned that hitting Pac-Man's hydrant with the tip of Ness's bat... with Pac-Man on the hydrant... is a 0-death move

hahahaha

Top Bottom