• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Anyone else notice that if your opponent Disconnects, it'll put you up against an AI and not tell you? It hangs for a few seconds, then their behavior changes drastically, and they are always gone immediately at the character select for the next match.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
GGs mStudios glad we finally got rid of the lag in the first couple of games. You had a pretty good Shulk there!

Who

Banned
I actually want to see a good Duck Hunt player. That is all I ask.

Be careful what you wish for. Holy shit are they annoying.

Anyone else notice that if your opponent Disconnects, it'll put you up against an AI and not tell you? It hangs for a few seconds, then their behavior changes drastically, and they are always gone immediately at the character select for the next match.[/QUOTE

Yup it's like battling a level 3... Pretty dumb

Neiteio

My Bowser Jr. just lost like 50 consecutive matches against a rogues gallery of characters by Xtortionist. I won 2/3 matches against his Dedede using my Zero Suit, but then when I switched to Junior I quickly became buried under a pile of losses. His Ganondorf two-stocked me like a half-dozen times. o_O

Some real tough opponents tonight in For Glory. Still working on my Greninja. But the highlight of the night was going to sudden death with a ZSS player and shadow sneaking behind to win the match.

botty

Banned
are you guys setting up some kind of.... uh... ranking system amongst the smashgaf members? I'm really interested in seeing whose the top duck hunts around here.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Thanks for helping practice!
Good games!

If I could give one piece of advice. It felt like you relied on smash attacks a lot so I just started to shield spam. You should try mixing grabs into your arsenal a bit more.

As Villager I've had the hardest time fighting Zero Suit Samus, Sonic, and Little Mac.

I only fought one ZSS but kept getting caught off guard by her Flip Jump. That move is crazy.

Little Mac.. is so teeny tiny I can't use the slingshot much. And getting the Lloid out can be pretty unsafe if he's close enough to dash in. I have to get lucky with grabs and toss him off the stage pretty much.

And Sonic is just annoying and runs me to the timer. Sudden Death wins aren't very satisfying.

I would think Mario and Doctor Mario would be tough because of the cape, but it actually makes the matches a lot more fun, pocketing the Lloids that are caped back at me haha.

Codeblue

Little Mac.. is so teeny tiny I can't use the slingshot much.

8t1rzi1.gif

Feltrol

Banned
That thread title!

Anyone else notice that if your opponent Disconnects, it'll put you up against an AI and not tell you? It hangs for a few seconds, then their behavior changes drastically, and they are always gone immediately at the character select for the next match.

Yes. My internet doesn't like Nintendo games at all because I just keep getting disconnected at random times - but not always.

At least in Mario Kart 8 it kicked me out completely. Here I have to deal with the CPU, and it pretty much loses its purpose.

I had a really close call with a 1v1 For Glory match just now. Went against Rosalina as Pac-Man and both of us had high percentage as time almost called for a sudden death. Right when the time was at 1, I got the KO in with a standard air attack right on time.
Pac-Man is so fun to play as.

I'm uneasy about using Greninja now since I tend to do a side special instead of an up special (holding the circle pad diagonally since I want to point Hydro Pump diagonally makes this happen to me a lot). If I can remember not to do that, then I'm good with him again. I have won against the same Rosalina with him, but that problem has cost me one or two matches before I fought her.

I'll be ready to do matches with any of you tomorrow evening. I have just been practicing against random people online and trying to finish some of the challenges on the third page.

random25

I added my FC and my miiverse (for Smash Wii U) on my profile. Just PM me guys if you are adding me so I can add you back. I'll be online later and hopefully some of you are still awake for a quick match :p

I've completed half of the characters for Classic mode. Only 2 finished at intensity 9.0 (Megaman and Fox). Maybe I should need an equipment for others.

RagnarokX

Some more funny pics:

Following from:
iCsP8UjZVNSW0.JPG

How baby koopa clown cars are made...

i3bHBZNfaxMse.JPG

NOT how baby koopa clown cars are made.

iKSMOQha0uMmz.JPG

Has Pac Man found his soulmate?

ibvCiz1UxSMmIK.JPG

Nope!

i1myMHJBMk3X6.JPG

Kirby and koopa clown car recreate Spider-man 1

iWpdhB8RqfXLV.JPG

Family bonding.

itH3iZXHMWBve.JPG

They sell these squeaky hammers at the island gift shop!

iYWFvGVqsWB0D.JPG

The clown car is now a bob-omb!

iircGNAEhnAo5.JPG

WENDY used SUBSTITUTE!

JediLink

8 Player Smash certainly does make sense. It would explain why every character has 8 colours now, and why you no longer have use a specific colour in team battles.

I wonder if we're going to have to start running Triples and Quadruples in addition to Singles and Doubles...

8 Player Smash certainly does make sense. It would explain why every character has 8 colours now, and why you no longer have use a specific colour in team battles.

I wonder if we're going to have to start running Triples and Quadruples in addition to Singles and Doubles...
Survivor Series :O

FSLink

Banned
Thanks! Gotta try to use Buster less at the beginnin since it's just inviting people to damage me if I can't land a hit on them lol.

And yeah, I've heard about that, but haven't seen it in action. Gonna try and implement into my gameplan soon.

Yeah, definitely use speed more, it makes him as fast as Melee Falcon, with Shulk jumping all over the place at fast speeds with nair/fair.

Also damn that tech is good, cancels aerial lag? Nice. My thing about Shulk is that against smarter opponents it can be difficult landing fair/bair and stuff since you'd get grabbed if you don't space it right. Having less laggy aerials would make him much better. Might pick him back up as a secondary now.

Who

Banned
Alright xtortionist I'm done getting my ass kicked your ganondorf is a beast. Let's smash again soon

Alright xtortionist I'm done getting my ass kicked your ganondorf is a beast. Let's smash again soon

GGs

Sorry for playing kinda campy against Villager but he seems like a hard counter for an aggressive Dorf. Can't really do anything with that tree in the way.

Who

Banned
GGs

Sorry for playing kinda campy against Villager but he seems like a hard counter for an aggressive Dorf. Can't really do anything with that tree in the way.

Haha I know it's the only character I could manage a win with. He's a tricky one. My usual Shiek and Greninja got stomped by dorf though, I need to learn how to fight him more effectively.

Pikma

Banned
I realized how to play Mac on the first day after having watched JP streams, and I could tell that opponents were baffled that A) I wasn't jumping to my death or rushing into the edges, and B) When I did use a Side B, I actually knew the distance it traveled so I knocked them off the edge without falling off myself. (Fun fact: the Side B's range allows you to jump right over Ness's PK Fire). It's actually gotten a bit better since everyone's figured out how to "expose" Mac players because they always assume that anyone playing Mac will fall for the edge trick.

I just had a Meta Knight who was sure that I was going to kill myself and eventually had got frustrated and started drilling towards me which was not a winning strategy to say the least

What kind of Little Macs have I been playing against, then? I've never seen one of them make that mistake, they shit on my Mega Man easily, I've only managed to beat one so far -_-

Haha I know it's the only character I could manage a win with. He's a tricky one. My usual Shiek and Greninja got stomped by dorf though, I need to learn how to fight him more effectively.

Sheik and Greninja can camp with projectiles pretty easily. If it were me using Greninja against someone like Ganondorf, I would focus on running the hell away and spamming shurikens while punishing their approach attempts.

Who

Banned
I don't get the OP Mac talk. I pretty much always win against him as Shiek or Greninja. Tough characters I've encountered are skilled ROBs, Duckhunts, and most recently Ganondorf

Sheik and Greninja can camp with projectiles pretty easily. If it were me using Greninja against someone like Ganondorf, I would focus on running the hell away and spamming shurikens while punishing their approach attempts.

Hmm well I'll have to try out some new strategies next time we battle.

Holy fuck you guys. The Villager is fun as fuck to play. Nothing is more satisfying than killing somebody with a cut down tree.

Agreed. He's probably my favorite new character. He also has, by far, the best win-loss ratio and KD in my stats.

Who

Banned
I have a 75% winrate online with Ganondorf. So OP. (lol)

You can see how often you win/lose against each fighter?! I couldn't find it when checking. That would be interesting to see. Also, try playing Xtortionist. Maybe I'm just a noob but I got my ass handed to me.

Top Bottom