• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Wired network connection is go! Again. But I'm not sure that's going to help, it took around 10ms average off my ping and slightly reduced my jitter. Still hovering around 40ms.

Will be so disappointing if I can't play online on Wii U either. 3DS just isn't fun with all the lag.

Oh yeah, Back Air is extremely strong. It just has crap range. You have to really get in your opponent's head to make it land. Are you sure you are thinking of Bowser's Down Smash? I don't think I used it in any of our matches. I consider it to be pretty crappy outside of a few situations.

Ah you where just using whirling fortress on the ground then. I forget that's not a down smash.
Also, Megaman's fair is a good answer to stuff, but you have to know that Bowser has two stages. At 55% life and below, he has hyper armor against weak attacks. Hence how I can just run through the pea shooter and hit you. Once I get to 56%, stuff like Flame Sword is much safer against him on hit. Basically, you have to play it very safe for that first 55%. Then you can be more aggressive.

Ah that's interesting. I thought weak projectiles like the pea shooter had a fixed hit stun. Are you saying after 55% they will cause Bowser to be in hit stun for a moment like other characters?
Oh, definitely. They are a great tool. Have you messed with MM's customs yet?

I want to but I don't have any of MM's custom moves yet. What's the best way to get them? Classic and Trophy Rush? I really wanna experiment with Mega's and Palutena's customs. I really wanna like Palutena but her B moves suck balls. Custom's please save her.

Damn
KoOnXu1.jpg
I was taller so i won lol

DaBoss

I'm okay with the cooldown. My only complaint is that ts horizontal range is pretty awful, like the shortest dsmash hitbox among everybody. I'm using it at my KO move, but it has problems hitting opponents who try to roll behind your back because they really need to be close to hit.
But it is also one of the most powerful d-smashes if you hit it from the start, killing at early percentages. I think it being small is a fair trade-off considering the width between the two flames when Mega Man goes into that stance.

I think the cooldown isn't a fair trade-off cause you already got start-up lag, and then after the start of the attack, it has weak knockback for about a third of a second (time out of my ass), and then a large amount of cooldown.

If they can just remove the cooldown from just the fire animation still being there, and only had that smoke effect cooldown, it would be better.

Ah you where just using whirling fortress on the ground then. I forget that's not a down smash.

Ah that's interesting. I thought weak projectiles like the pea shooter had a fixed hit stun. Are you saying after 55% they will cause Bowser to be in hit stun for a moment like other characters?

I want to but I don't have any of MM's custom moves yet. What's the best way to get them? Classic and Trophy Rush? I really wanna experiment with Mega's and Palutena's customs. I really wanna like Palutena but her B moves suck balls. Custom's please save her.
Palutena starts with her full custom set. Want me to show you a few things with her?

Classic and Smash Run are both great ways to grind customs.

Browser should enter normal hitstun after 55% from the pea shooter.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
For education against Bowser:
http://youtu.be/FHrSkvKKC9o

This applies to several characters. While doing classic mode I've attacked a lot of bombs and not been damaged by them but my opponent was sent flying. It's kind of weird, because a lot of times I expected to get hit by it but wasn't.

I wonder if it's just the way the 3DS handles the hurtboxes in combination with certain attacks or what.

Top Bottom