• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

I've had a few people saying they've been hoping we'd have a NeoGAF Smash Tournament sometime soon. While we have Troubled Bat's awesome sounding Super Bash Sisters tournament coming at the end of this month, I thought it'd be fun to have more traditional tournament along with it, as well as something some of the more recent members can partake in. So, with that in mind, I present:

ceriop.png

Rules
1v1 / 2 Stock / 7 minutes / Custom Moves On / No Equipment

Stage Selection
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Prism Tower
Any Omega Variant, excluding WarioWare Inc.

Character Selection
All characters are allowed, including the Mii variants
You may change characters in-between matches

I'm planning on having up to 64 participants, but if if there's an overwhelming amount more interest I'll bump it up. I want the tournament to start Monday Oct. 20, meaning a week from today. Basically, once the tournament bracket is set up, you will have 3 days to meet up online with your partner and complete your matches. If someone is unable to play within that time, they will be disqualified and their opponent will move on.

Not all of this is set in stone, but I'm figuring none of these rules will change unless everyone objects to one of them. I'm not planning on having a Loser's Bracket, but that's something I'm undecided on; I just foresee it causing the tournament to take to long. I also highly encourage everyone to save their replays when possible, in case of a dispute on who one. I'd also love to share as much footage as possible, even if it's through shitty iPhone capture. Hopefully the Wii U version will have a true replay share feature and future tournaments can take advantage of that.

Anyway, let me know if you're interested, preferably by PMing me! Again, I'm open to feedback and would love to finally have a tournament going on here.

Entries
1) OricWindstar
2) georgetheplushie
3) RadioJoNES64
4) Moonlight
5) Josephl64
6) Cedric
7) J@hranimo
8) Shamrock7r
9) kimtish
10) DrStiles
11) DooD1234
12) ffdgh
13) Immaculate
14) Codeblue
15) jorgejjvr
16) random25
17) mStudios
18) Masked Man
19) ColossalLazy
20) BitStyle
21) SMgamer83
22) Stylo
23) Neki
24) PreyingShark
25) gosox333
26) Blizzard
27) k_hop
28) Muzy72
29) biggkidd32
30) TImeaisis
31) Voliko
32) KittenMaster
33) Unbounded
34) Professor Beef
35) Anonymous Tipster
36) Hatchtag
37) SUPERJEM94
38) Monster Zero
39) Chezzymann
40) Matt Attack
41) BY2K
42) johnsavage
43) Nose Master
44) Captain Rage Quit 69
45) NamikazeBurst
46) zogged
47) Azuran
48) IntelliHeath
49) Negator
50) BorkBork
51) Jamix012
52) Coppanuva
53) MisterWisp
54) Poltergust
55) Cosmic Dreams
56) Porsche9146
57) superpickleman
58) Jrs3000
59) Spinosaurus
60) kuroneko0509

What the heck is this?

I was Wario and farted off a Zero Suit Samus from the stage. I then did the butt shake repeatedly and found the game had disabled my taunt buttons!

.. Christ.. The lengths they go..

ffdgh

What the heck is this?

I was Wario and farted off a Zero Suit Samus from the stage. I then did the butt shake repeatedly and found the game had disabled my taunt buttons!

Sorry! Only 2 taunts :p. You get 2 more If you land a ko.

What the heck is this?

Nintendo did a study and found that any more than 3 taunts results in hurt feelings.

Moonlight

Banned
I've had a few people saying they've been hoping we'd have a NeoGAF Smash Tournament sometime soon. While we have Troubled Bat's awesome sounding Super Bash Sisters tournament coming at the end of this month, I thought it'd be fun to have more traditional tournament along with it, as well as something some of the more recent members can partake in. So, with that in mind, I present:

ceriop.png

I'm planning on having up to 32 participants, but if if there's an overwhelming amount more interest I'll bump it up. I want the tournament to start Monday Oct. 20, meaning a week from today. Basically, once the tournament bracket is set up, you will have 3 days to meet up online with your partner and complete your matches. If someone is unable to play within that time, they will be disqualified and their opponent will move on.

Not all of this is set in stone, but I'm figuring none of these rules will change unless everyone objects to one of them. I'm not planning on having a Loser's Bracket, but that's something I'm undecided on; I just foresee it causing the tournament to take to long. I also highly encourage everyone to save their replays when possible, in case of a dispute on who one. I'd also love to share as much footage as possible, even if it's through shitty iPhone capture. Hopefully the Wii U version will have a true replay share feature and future tournaments can take advantage of that.

Anyway, let me know if you're interested! Again, I'm open to feedback and would love to finally have a tournament going on here.
I'll join.

Cedric

ceriop.png

I'm down!

DooD1234

ceriop.png

I'm planning on having up to 32 participants, but if if there's an overwhelming amount more interest I'll bump it up. I want the tournament to start Monday Oct. 20, meaning a week from today. Basically, once the tournament bracket is set up, you will have 3 days to meet up online with your partner and complete your matches. If someone is unable to play within that time, they will be disqualified and their opponent will move on.

Anyway, let me know if you're interested! Again, I'm open to feedback and would love to finally have a tournament going on here.
Sign me up

ffdgh

ceriop.png

Doubt I'd last long but what the heck I'll give it a shot.

Valus

GGs. still need practice I suppose. Your Shulk is good. I need to work on my air game and my ko game with link. :(

Thanks! I'm still trying to get better with Shulk, but I'm enjoying him thoroughly. With Link it can be tough. Down smash is a good choice, and remember that if you're poking them to the point that they're 150%+ your upthrow can usually land the KO.

So... is it just my internet, or is the online god-awful?

It's like the Smash version of the 300 movie with the intermittent, unpredictable slow motion. Have not been part of a match with a "normal" framerate.

ceriop.png

Me too but why is FD Wario Ware banned?

DaBoss

GGs DaBoss all of those were really close. Nice Sheik you got too!
GGs

How do you escape D3's jabs? That seems like it is guaranteed after you get the first hit.

And Jungle Japes is hard to see in. :p

Though, I think it is hard to see cause I have my brightness low.

Codeblue

ceriop.png

I'll participate.

random25

ceriop.png

I'm interested even if I suck! Sign me up!

mStudios

ceriop.png

Anyway, let me know if you're interested, preferably by PMing me! Again, I'm open to feedback and would love to finally have a tournament going on here.

I'm down. PM'd

Thanks

Top Bottom