• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

ggs Oric! Sorry if you would have rather I not played Mii, since I know it's kinda hard to know the match-up for someone who isn't even available in For Glory. He and Link are pretty much the only characters I even play though.
No worries! It's fun learning new match-ups, I just had to split.

I don't get Mega Man's d-smash at all. It can only kill if you hit it at the beginning and doesn't have an active hitbox after, but has insane cooldown time.

Yeah it's pretty awful. I never use it. The only benefit it has is being able to hit on either side.

If they do some rebalancing, jesus christ they need to cut the cool down time of duck hunt's attacks. he's easily exploitable since it takes too long to charge moves or to come out of them.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't get Mega Man's d-smash at all. It can only kill if you hit it at the beginning and doesn't have an active hitbox after, but has insane cooldown time.

I can't help shake the feeling that Mega Man was nuts in development and got nerfed throughout, lol.

DaBoss

Like his u-smash is a multi-hit move that can kill and has a vacuum effect. Makes sense it has cooldown.

His f-smash is a long range powerful attack with a large hitbox. Makes sense it has cooldown.

His d-smash though? Makes no sense at all.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Got all custom moves. Not sure what the total amount of headgear is. If someone knows, please post it. I'm at 44 pieces of headgear, and don't know how much I need to collect. Seems like it will take a while to get. I'll get that at my own pace.

Going to head online now after a while lol.

Anyone want to do 1v1s?

I thought we only have 43 headgears?

Neiteio

Cool GameXplain video on playing Smash on the New 3DS. You can use the C-stick for smash attacks, and now you can charge with the C-stick, as well. You can also use the C-stick to perform dairs, fairs, etc -- no need to push any buttons. Apparently this is all possible in the WiiU version, as well. It'll make it much easier to teach my friends how to do smash attacks. (Many of them are new to Smash.)

DaBoss

Shulk's n-air is probably the most annoying n-air in the game. The range on that thing pretty much requires you to shield or respect its space and because no landing lag, no punish really.

It also eats up Mega Man's lemons.

I should stop using Mega Man against Shulk lol. It is such a bad match-up for Mega Man since Mega Man is the only character with more cooldown than Shulk lol. And any range Mega Man has is pretty much null.

I just did two trophy runs and didn't get a single new trophy. -_-

If they do some rebalancing, jesus christ they need to cut the cool down time of duck hunt's attacks. he's easily exploitable since it takes too long to charge moves or to come out of them.
It's almost like ranged harassment characters are designed to have trouble KOing...

Monster Zero

word thanks man. i'm enjoying these matches though because you're really helping me with my duck hunt play. i'm trying to experiment with the can and see if I can come up with any creative techs with the can.

That can is the source man, don't be afraid to edge guard with your shooters, they float in mod air, nice for gimping,

Gonna be right back fam. It's my boy's bday so i'm gonna pay him a visit so he can get his copy of smash.

I owe you some matches too jorge! I'll see yall later tonight if you're still on. Good matches Zero! You're talented at smash thats forsure. lol

Zing

Banned
Cool GameXplain video on playing Smash on the New 3DS. You can use the C-stick for smash attacks, and now you can charge with the C-stick, as well. You can also use the C-stick to perform dairs, fairs, etc -- no need to push any buttons. Apparently this is all possible in the WiiU version, as well. It'll make it much easier to teach my friends how to do smash attacks. (Many of them are new to Smash.)
Cool video. I am new to smash as well but don't see the confusion. Isn't it just "right and A at the same time" as opposed to "A while holding right"?

One thing I don't understand is "back air" and such that I hear mentioned in videos. There is no "back" or "front" while in the air, is there? Either you are facing left or right.

Monster Zero

Gonna be right back fam. It's my boy's bday so i'm gonna pay him a visit so he can get his copy of smash.

I owe you some matches too jorge! I'll see yall later tonight if you're still on. Good matches Zero! You're talented at smash thats forsure. lol

Good look, good matches, I'll take on that duck hunt anytime

Karst want to play some matches?
Sure, start a room. Let me finish this Smash Run. Only 5 more characters to go for the challenge board...

Edit: I started one.

I believe the former is coins? I could be wrong on that but I do know the question marks are trophies.

Varing amounts of money.

Question marks on a trophy stand? A trophy
Question mark bags? Smash run powers.
Ew, coins! *throws them on the ground*

Neki

people get so angry at projectile spam in For Glory mode, it's funny lol

Adult Link is so good now, I like him way more than Toon Link.

Revven

What's a drop zone Fair?

Generally, it stands for when you run off to nearly the bottom of the stage to hit someone with a strong aerial (in both cases, it's Zard and Falcon's Fairs). It's a really risky edgeguard but it's hella flashy if you read the opponent's recovery.

Monster Zero

Beware of dthrow

RV6jYse.gif

BE careful

DaBoss

How long does freaking counter last? Jesus...

So many times I tried attacking after counter, but counter lasts like 2-3 seconds.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
I've asked this before, but: are there any trophies that I've missed that must be specifically unlocked outside the Trophy Rush, Shop or Challenge Boards?

I'm about a dozen and a half trophies short of completing the singleplayer but am just NOT getting any new trophies.

Top Bottom