• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

I think they went a tiny bit crazy with the aura buff. Side B and Up B are ridiculous at high percents lol.

I think I got 30% on DHD with Force Palm Flame. I can't remember what I could have done before that, because that sounds ridiculous...

I can, however say with certainty... I have killed with Extremespeed.

Spinluck

These people in For Glory can't fuck with the Aura God. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger.* Also, I know how to aim Extremespeed at various percentages, beware.

*Up to 190%

Lucario is on some Dragon Ball Z shit.

I don't fuck with him past 120%, which sucks cause his recovery makes Pit's look like a joke after a certain percentage.

Man, I'm having trouble changing up my strategy. Sometimes, when I play people, I can manage to beat them pretty easily but after 3 or 4 games they figure out my patterns and how to counter them and its hard for me to adapt.

Josephl64

Man, I'm having trouble changing up my strategy. Sometimes, when I play people, I can manage to beat them pretty easily but after 3 or 4 games they figure out my patterns and how to counter them and its hard for me to adapt.

well I realized that if people are able to shut down my air game...I have no game

Ah, the good old feeling when you beat someone a few times, and they go "lol I am not even using my main", they get their main and proceed to still lose.

Ah, the good old feeling when you beat someone a few times, and they go "lol I am not even using my main", they get their main and proceed to still lose.

I was using random in For Glory, and someone was using their main (Mario, and I found this out from the later battles). I drew Charizard, and then I proceed to Flare Blitz off the stage right away. They go ahead and beat me. They decided to pick Charizard, while I still chose random (Yoshi). They didn't last very long :) They then chose Mario and lost.

Easier said than done :p
Just ask yourself "what other effective options do I have in this situation?"

I have 3 different plans for every situation, and I go between them based on what feels right in the situation. Sure, I make bad calls, but we all do. Take dashing in for example. I will either go for a grab, a dash attack, stop and breath fire, roll out at the last second to bait an attack, shield with hopes I can punish, or fortress into my opponent. The safest option is breathing fire. I usually do that most because it is low risk medium reward. That makes my opponent shield when I approach, so I go for grabs. Then my opponent might decide to counter by attacking the grab, so I go for the dash attack or fortress.

You just have to keep changing it up. The game is one big mindgame.

gosox333

I feel like I've played enough Macs in glory to have a strategy for victory.

Stick to either side of the stage until they side b themselves to death.

Seems like I can get it to happen at least once a Mac match.

ugoo18

Getting a KO with Zero Suit Samus' Up B is so damm satisfying. Closely followed by one with her Down B as well especially if it's a spike.

Just ask yourself "what other effective options do I have in this situation?"

I have 3 different plans for every situation, and I go between them based on what feels right in the situation. Sure, I make bad calls, but we all do. Take dashing in for example. I will either go for a grab, a dash attack, stop and breath fire, roll out at the last second to bait an attack, shield with hopes I can punish, or fortress into my opponent. The safest option is breathing fire. I usually do that most because it is low risk medium reward. That makes my opponent shield when I approach, so I go for grabs. Then my opponent might decide to counter by attacking the grab, so I go for the dash attack or fortress.

You just have to keep changing it up. The game is one big mindgame.

...I can't think at that speed, its like chess but a million times faster. I can only focus on what's happening, not what's going to happen. I guess you gain the ability to do that stuff after playing it for years.

botty

Banned
Kinda annoying when you're playing against a good player in for glory but once one of you leaves you might never be able to fight them again :/

k_hop

Kinda annoying when you're playing against a good player in for glory but once one of you leaves you might never be able to fight them again :/

Yeah, this bothers me too. Wish there was a way to add them to your friends out of netplay.

Speaking of, anyone wanna play some games?

Ever since you guys pointed out Little Mac has shitty recovery, I've never lost to one in For Glory (granted I'm sure I haven't been playing the best players). Should I feel bad for exploiting that? I've killed Little Mac's with as little as 30%.

Josephl64

Ever since you guys pointed out Little Mac has shitty recovery, I've never lost to one in For Glory (granted I'm sure I haven't been playing the best players). Should I feel bad for exploiting that? I've killed Little Mac's with as little as 30%.

it's his weakness and how he's been balanced...it's pretty fair

Mumei

No, that's what makes Little Mac so much fun to play against. He's the glassiest of glass cannons.

ffdgh

It's not your fault most Macs can't stop dash attacking. :p

Holy shit, ggs Tipster! I can't do anymore, thanks for giving my Falco the workout it really needed! Discovered a lot of bad shit I was doing. Your Megaman was, dare I say it, rock solid! Hope we don't face each other too early in the tourney!

hell no, they pick Little Mac they accept the possibility of getting gimped

Holy shit, ggs Tipster! I can't do anymore, thanks for giving my Falco the workout it really needed! Discovered a lot of bad shit I was doing. Your Megaman was, dare I say it, rock solid! Hope we don't face each other too early in the tourney!

Without a doubt some great games there! You definitely took more games than I did, and the ones I did manage to get were razor thin. And then you two stock me. Hah hah. Seriously, you've got the best Falco I've seen! Thanks for playing, we'll have to do it again! :)

Top Bottom