• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Great games ant1532! Your Wii Fit Trainer and Jigglypuff mean business! Sorry I was getting kind of sloppy near the end there, I'm pretty exhausted!

Thanks for the games! I'll catch you next time!

ant1532

Banned
Great games so far, but I've gotta hit the hay pretty soon. A couple more matches!
lol really good matches. it was nice finally getting my ass handed to me so many times. i need to vs you a lot more so I can get better. your mad good with a bunch of characters dude. megaman was HEAT. need to get my grab game on point.

are you using an effing GC controller mod lol?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I've seen many Jiggly melee matches in pro tournaments, I'm 0-3 against Jigglys online, and I still can't help but see Jiggly as a joke character and a free win every time I see her. Jiggly just looks and acts so very not intimidating. That might be her greatest strength.

I've seen many Jiggly melee matches in pro tournaments, I'm 0-3 against Jigglys online, and I still can't help but see Jiggly as a joke character and a free win every time I think of her. Jiggly just looks and acts so very not intimidating. That might be her greatest strength.

Jigglypuff was only a joke character in Brawl (like a lot of characters...) In most games, SSB4 included, she is an air-footsies beast with strong aerials and a low % kill special.

I noticed in SSB4 that Jiggs' Side B beats out a ridiculous amount of attacks and projectiles in the game that aren't super armor or invincibility. It knocks upward too.

Is it just me or do ROBs aerials take priority over fucking EVERYTHING?

Fucking ROB and Samus pushing my FG % back down into the 70s.

If anyone is up for some 1v1, my Facebook is SuperAngelo64 and my YM is annegelo, easier to chat and exchange FCs there. I'm salty, so I'm going to sit on the couch with my phone, a 40, and some Jamiroquai. hit me up if you want!

random25

Jigglypuff was only a joke character in Brawl (like a lot of characters...) In most games, SSB4 included, she is an air-footsies beast with strong aerials and a low % kill special.

I noticed in SSB4 that Jiggs' Side B beats out a ridiculous amount of attacks and projectiles in the game that aren't super armor or invincibility. It knocks upward too.

Her side B can also demolish shields too. The true definition of a glass cannon.

Jigglypuff's side B is risky and she has several bad match ups in this game. Any character she can't approach is bad news for her.
Including Little Mac

Is it just me or do ROBs aerials take priority over fucking EVERYTHING?

Fucking ROB and Samus pushing my FG % back down into the 70s.
I feel like R.O.B. is one of the easiest characters to play as on For Glory. If they're approaching whether it be a dash attack, dash grab, shield, roll, aerial, or whatever, throw out an autocanceled fadeaway nair; if it hits go for a followup. To keep up pressure throw out gyros and shoot beams. Gyros are pretty safe from whatever distance and they practically techchase themselves with itemtosses. From about 0-110% on most characters go for down throw, up air if you get a grab; back and forward throw if you want stage positioning. At around 150%, kill with up throw.

It's a little more complex than that since pretty much all his moves are good, but those are the basics. I have a much harder time netting wins with Samus, but it's manageable since people tend to not respect Charge Shot.

A loading tip taught me that if you shield break Jiggly she dies instantly
That Japanese tournament have one player as a spectator Jigglypuff whose purpose is to die and they use the shield break for that plus it works as a pseudo countodwn...except when Lucario is used as apparently the suicide makes Lucario weaker or something...

Kangi

Seems I'm stuck with a 60% win rate. Beyond that is just Sheiks/Bowsers and laggers who've won their way to the top through attrition.

Also, a Marth killed me at 40% with a forward smash earlier and I'd like to ask how that's possible.

NEO0MJ

Seems I'm stuck with a 60% win rate. Beyond that is just Sheiks/Bowsers and laggers who've won their way to the top through attrition.

Also, a Marth killed me at 40% with a forward smash earlier and I'd like to ask how that's possible.

Depending on your character, how long he held the smash button and how far at the tip he hit you it wouldn't be too far-fetched to die at that percentage. Or it could be a glitch

mStudios

If you play Rosalina, you might as well sell the game. Now that you're there, sell the 3DS, too.

If like, spam Luma and dodge right/left 100% of the time.

Masked Man

I said wow
Rosalumas are the worst. Next time I face one in For Glory, I will just SD and give the opponent a free win.

B-but...your For Glory record! Is it really worth it!? :O

(As a Mac player, I completely understand the sentiment behind your statement.)

Dr. Buni

B-but...your For Glory record! Is it really worth it!? :O

(As a Mac player, I completely understand the sentiment behind your statement.)
Fortunately I already realized For Glory record is totally meaningless. Plus, even if I stayed in battle, chances are I would lose anyway.

The characters I play either can't do much against Rosaluma ):

Monster Zero

I lucked out. Your kirby and G&W are sick man. I need to up my pacman & greninja game to stop them.

Your pac man is getting there, you gotta live by the key, the other fruits and vegetables are only there to distract you from getting the key. You coming at me as pacman was the best thing I could ask for.

Top Bottom