• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Jrs3000

Your pac man is getting there, you gotta live by the key, the other fruits and vegetables are only there to distract you from getting the key. You coming at me as pacman was the best thing I could ask for.

It takes a long time to get to the key then when you get close and move you have to start from the beginning again. I had bunch of times where I was trying to do the forward special but ended up selecting fruit like wtf.

Masked Man

I said wow
And as a Ness player, you don't know true pain against Rosalinas.

The down specials... the down specials.

As a fellow Ness player, I shudder at the mere thought... I've seen videos, and it breaks my heart. ;___; I just want to SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH her back to whatever galaxy she came from.

Fortunately I already realized For Glory record is totally meaningless. Plus, even if I stayed in battle, chances are I would lose anyway.

The characters I play either can't do much against Rosaluma ):

For what it's worth, though, For Glory has been really helpful in introducing me to new playstyles and improving my game. :D

kiryogi

Banned
As a Rosa main myself, I've gotten my ass handed to me by the likes of Palutena or ROB, in very a skillful manner. It's possible to play other chars, but it means you really have to work at it. Low tier heroes exist.

Dr. Buni

Does Palutena's side B reflect Luma back to Rosalina? (Edit: Yup, it does. Good!)
For what it's worth, though, For Glory has been really helpful in introducing me to new playstyles and improving my game. :D
Yeah, same here. Rosaluma matches aside, I am loving my experience with For Glory!

Thanks!

YESSSSSSS

Now for those last trophies and I can finally fully focus on the multiplayer, bitches!

http://instagram.com/p/uIH5rQroCl

Well done! I'm only two challenges away. They're easy, too; just "get 1000 KOs in Smash" and "play 50 combined hours of Smash," so it's basically just a matter of time.

And I have 679 trophies out of what I believe is a total of 686. So close, but those last few are gonna be so hard to get...

Fellow Duck Hunt players. How are you guys doing with the Zeldas out there? I personally dislike everything about Zelda now, so I say we should all band together and destroy all the Zelda players on For Glory. Starting with Zelda GAF players. lol

Kangi

Fellow Duck Hunt players. How are you guys doing with the Zeldas out there? I personally dislike everything about Zelda now, so I say we should all band together and destroy all the Zelda players on For Glory. Starting with Zelda GAF players. lol
Screw you dogs, I love Zeldas. I've fully healed myself with Magnet several times over with their Din's Fire. Once the average For Glory Zelda realize they can't spam it (a realization it can take surprisingly long to come to), their brains just break.

Intel_89

Zeldas are bareable, I can't stand RosaLumas though.

My favorite match up is probably against Villager just because of how bad the character's neutral game is.

Seriously though, a good Villager is pretty fun to play against.

I'm doing fine but I still have to find good Zelda players. My trick shot confuses people a lot and I love it.

Masked Man

I said wow

I honestly haven't faced any Zeldas as DH yet. Is it really that bad? I know she's got Nayru's Love on her side, but I feel like Farore's Wind is basically Smash bait. A lot of players use it as a sneak attack now, so if you can read the attack and space properly, it seems like it's equivalent to a free Side Smash.

Screw you dogs, I love Zeldas. I've fully healed myself with Magnet several times over with their Din's Fire. Once the average For Glory Zelda realize they can't spam it (a realization it can take surprisingly long to come to), their brains just break.

It's also hilarious to pull that out on Fox/Falcons players right at the start of a match, since 90% of them begin by firing off their lasers. Ness, on the other hand, just laughs at their little light-beams.

Just got my first Super Smash Bros. game today.

Haven't really got into it much yet and don't get what all the fuss is about yet.

Any good websites for beginners?

Masked Man

I said wow
Just had a cool Ness vs Peach showdown on Flat Zone--very fun! Peach had some awesome spacing with her aerials. As a fellow Peach player, though, I had an idea of how she might approach and responded accordingly. ;)

Mumei

Are you guys still getting a lot of Little Mac players? I saw them only intermittently at best before, and now it is even less common.

Just got my first Super Smash Bros. game today.

Haven't really got into it much yet and don't get what all the fuss is about yet.

Any good websites for beginners?

Smashboards is one, though from what I've seen at this early stage there's little in the way of guides, at least for characters I've tried. Some are further along than others, though; the Shulk sub-forum looks like it has a lot of good information about the various effects of the different Arts, for instance.

Seems I'm stuck with a 60% win rate. Beyond that is just Sheiks/Bowsers and laggers who've won their way to the top through attrition.

Also, a Marth killed me at 40% with a forward smash earlier and I'd like to ask how that's possible.

It could happen. I've killed Bowsers and Ganondorfs at 65% (after the Smash) with uncharged tippers.

I would gladly lose that ability for his non-tipped smashes to be able to kill before, I don't know, 180%, though. It's ridiculous. :(

Jintor

Is there an easy way to cancel out of Ganondorf's up-tilt axe kick? Gets me killed a lot when I accidentally activate it

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
YESSSSSSS

Now for those last trophies and I can finally fully focus on the multiplayer, bitches!

http://instagram.com/p/uIH5rQroCl

I suspect that there are few exclusive trophies in Trophy Rush. I never saw new trophies in Trophy shop anymore so I decided to give trophy rush a shot. I got like 6 new trophies in two Rush. Again, I might be lucky tho.

I'm at 650 trophies. Just 35 trophies to go.

Thanks!

Well done! I'm only two challenges away. They're easy, too; just "get 1000 KOs in Smash" and "play 50 combined hours of Smash," so it's basically just a matter of time.

And I have 679 trophies out of what I believe is a total of 686. So close, but those last few are gonna be so hard to get...

Actually, it's 685 since they removed Tharja trophy. 50 combined hours of Smash, I wonder if that would included online games?

I already have 50 hours play hours but nothing happens so I really hope that it would be combined of online and local games.

I'm pretty sure that Rosalina and Luma is way worse for Duck Hunt. I'm learning how to play against Zelda, so I'm getting there.

https://vine.co/v/OAjnF1Jhj0E

you can reflect Villager's tree

fhat the wuck

Of course, it's projectiles. :p

I beat classic with everyone.
I beat smash run with everyone.

Now I have to think about which tiles are the least painful to unlock. All-star mode with everyone? That sounds like a nightmare. 100-man smash sounds irritating, but less worse. Which one(s) are you guys doing/hammering?

Dr. Buni

Sheiks are so fun to play against.
Unlike Rosaluma
. Just beat one with Mega Hombre, but I was very very close to losing.

Now I have to think about which tiles are the least painful to unlock. All-star mode with everyone? That sounds like a nightmare. 100-man smash sounds irritating, but less worse. Which one(s) are you guys doing/hammering?

You'll need to do All-Star with everyone anyway to get all the trophies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I haven't use my hammer yet and I don't think I will tho.

I had fun with 100-man smash so it's not that bad as people making it out because computers are really stupid but it's really time-cosuming. All Stars is only worst challenge where you have to finish with 51 characters because it's very repetitive and boring. I have three challenges left; 50 hours, collect all custom moves, outfits and headgears, and collect all smash run.

Pompadour

Smash Run powers and All Customizations are the hardest/most time-consuming. You can beat Smash Run ten times with everyone and still not get what you needed.

The All-Star one wasn't too bad, just a grind. The only issues I had was falling off Gaur Plains multiple times in the final match because I'd get bored and screw around.

Quick ?: why do some rewards on a results screen glow? They aren't new or next to each other, but some have a white, in n out glow to them for some reason.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Is there an easy way to cancel out of Ganondorf's up-tilt axe kick? Gets me killed a lot when I accidentally activate it

As far as I'm aware it's never been cancel-able. I honestly don't know why it exists, it does exactly the same thing as Warlock Punch, except this time it doesn't have Super Armour like WP does. I want Falcon's Up-Smash back, just put it in that spot. >_<

Pompadour

I haven't use my hammer yet and I don't think I will tho.

I had fun with 100-man smash so it's not that bad as people making it out because computers are really stupid but it's really time-cosuming. All Stars is only worst challenge where you have to finish with 51 characters because it's very repetitive and boring. I have three challenges left; 50 hours, collect all custom moves, outfits and headgears, and collect all smash run.

You don't actually have to beat Classic or All-Star with the Miis to beat the challenge, just to get their respective trophies.

DrStiles

You'll end up doing All Star with everyone for the Trophies so I guess the 100-man smash. I did 100 with every character though since I'm trying to avoid using Hammers. It only takes like 3 hours which isn't much compared to some of the other challenges.

Cranzor

Hey OricWindstar, if there's still room, I'd like to participate in the tournament!

EDIT: Oops, I was posting from my phone in a hurry and didn't see the PM part. I'll send a PM too.

DaBoss

52 headgear? What the fuck...
-------------
Should have used false all-star mode before you unlocked every character. You would only have to beat the starting roster with 50 characters against 39(?).

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world

All-Star and 100-man Smash with everyone, weren't nearly as annoying to do as Smash Run with everyone, so if you've done that, I suggest doing the others as well.

I used my hammers on the StreetSmash challenges and the ones that required the collection of all Smash Powers and custom moves. Couldn't be bothered with that grindy bullshit.

Raw64life

100 Man was the most tedious to me because at least with All Star mode you unlock stuff. 100 Man is literally just 3 hours of standing on a platform and spamming smash attacks with no reward until you've done it with everyone.

They're in color instead of being blacked out.

I bought about 100 trophies before I realized this. Probably wasted a good 20-30K on trophies I already had.

Intel_89

100 Man was the most tedious to me because at least with All Star mode you unlock stuff. 100 Man is literally just 3 hours of standing on a platform and spamming smash attacks with no reward until you've done it with everyone.

If it takes you that long you're probably doing something wrong. :p But yeah, I've never been a fan of any of the multiman challenges either.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
I'm getting absolutely sick 'n tired of grinding for these last trophies. Nothing is coming up, and Trophy Run isn't getting me anything (not even gear) despite collecting 30+ trophies and 3+ gear every run.

The shop ain't helping either. Nnnnnngh.

Top Bottom