• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Raw64life

If it takes you that long you're probably doing something wrong. :p But yeah, I've never been a fan of any of the multiman challenges either.

It was probably closer to 2 1/2 hours, but yea, I didn't bother developing any kind of meaningful strategy because I just wanted to get it over with. I just stood on the highest platform and mashed smash attacks or Up+A if it was good enough to dispose of them. I'd say on average it took me 2 1/2 minutes to do it with one character. Times that by 48 and you have 2 hours. Plus time spent in menus and I did manage to die a handful of times and it was probably about 2 1/2 hours.

Pompadour

I'm getting absolutely sick 'n tired of grinding for these last trophies. Nothing is coming up, and Trophy Run isn't getting me anything (not even gear) despite collecting 30+ trophies and 3+ gear every run.

The shop ain't helping either. Nnnnnngh.

When I got down to my last 3 trophies I did Trophy Rush 100+ times before something dropped. Five minutes later I check the store and another pops up. I do one more Trophy Rush and nab the final trophy.

I don't know why it happened that way but it did. I kept thinking there was some hidden challenges I had to complete to grab the last three.

God Shiek is so much fun.

My new favorite thing is launching an opponent off the stage then sprinting toward him, jumping, then timing my down B perfectly so that she knocks his ass on out. Soooo satisfying.

ceriop.png

Match Rules
• 1v1 / 2 Stock / 8 minutes / No Items
• Best 2 of 3
• Custom Moves are allowed
• Miis are allowed
• Equipment is not allowed

Stage Selection
• Battlefield
• Final Destination
• Yoshi's Island
• Prism Tower
• Any Omega Variant of a stage, excluding Warioware Inc.

Entries
1) OricWindstar
2) georgetheplushie
3) RadioJoNES64
4) Moonlight
5) Josephl64
6) Cedric
7) J@hranimo
8) Shamrock7r
9) kimtish
10) DrStiles
11) DooD1234
12) ffdgh
13) Immaculate
14) Codeblue
15) jorgejjvr
16) random25
17) mStudios
18) Masked Man
19) ColossalLazy
20) BitStyle
21) SMgamer83
22) Stylo
23) Neki
24) PreyingShark
25) gosox333
26) Blizzard
27) k_hop
28) Muzy72
29) biggkidd32
30) TImeaisis
31) Voliko
32) KittenMaster
33) Unbounded
34) Professor Beef
35) Anonymous Tipster
36) Hatchtag
37) SUPERJEM94
38) Monster Zero
39) Chezzymann
40) Matt Attack
41) BY2K
42) johnsavage
43) Nose Master
44) Captain Rage Quit 69
45) NamikazeBurst
46) zogged
47) Azuran
48) IntelliHeath
49) Negator
50) BorkBork
51) Jamix012
52) Coppanuva
53) MisterWisp
54) Poltergust
55) Cosmic Dreams
56) Porsche9146
57) superpickleman
58) Jrs3000
59) Spinosaurus
60) kuroneko0509
61) ant1532
62) MaverickHunterAsh
63) Metal B
64) Zing

Reserves List
1) Mumei
2) Intel_89
3) Zyrox
4) SweetDonuts
5) SpeedRazor
6) Cranzor
7) NotLiquid
8) emb
9) TWILT
10) Kouchi
11)Out of Ammo
12)ConmanIX
13) Euphemism
14) Servbot24
15) Falawful
16) JCX
17) Esquio
18) Serrato

Just to let everybody know, Shamrock and Anonymous Tipster are some killers you all need to watch out for. They know their characters, believe me.

I've also been told that my play has made grown men cry, so maybe I'm a threat too. :3

zruben

Banned
guys, any tips to clear Classic in 9.0??

I manage to get to the fourth transformation of the master core (my clone)... but he usually kills me in a couple of hits.

which character did you use? which kind of equipment (if any)?... please help, I'm starting to get frustrated.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

I manage to get to the fourth transformation of the master core (my clone)... but he usually kills me in a couple of hits.

which character did you use? which kind of equipment (if any)?... please help, I'm starting to get frustrated.

Apparently you have it easy if you buff up the defense of Ganondorf and Bowser to ridiculous levels.

Dr. Buni

I beat it with King Dedede with two defense+ equips and one auto healing equip. Gordos are really good against Master Core, specially the beast and clone forms.

Seiniyta

For however feels like it, I'm up for some smashing (1v1, no items, custom moves allowed, FD, Battlefield, Yoshi's, Prism Tower, Brinstar)

gotta practice my pikachu!

FC: 4854-6764-6410

Astarte

I just used normal Dorf and slapped the shit out of everything by abusing spot dodging and ledge mechanics.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback

Ganondorf's Up Smashes make that fight into a joke. You only need about 4 or 5 of them per form, including the clone of yourself.

ffdgh

I used Peach with high attack/speed. Use Bowser/Dorf to eaily own everything.

zruben

Banned
Apparently you have it easy if you buff up the defense of Ganondorf and Bowser to ridiculous levels.

I beat it with King Dedede with two defense+ equips and one auto healing equip. Gordos are really good against Master Core, specially the beast and clone forms.

I just used normal Dorf and slapped the shit out of everything by abusing spot dodging and ledge mechanics.

Ganondorf's Up Smashes make that fight into a joke. You only need about 4 or 5 of them per form, including the clone of yourself.

three Ganondorfs and one Dedede. Allright, I'll try later during my lunch break.

I'm probably gonna get mocked, but I was trying with a Megaman with attack and defense buffs. I practiced to much with him and managed to make him my best character. But I have a good Ganondorf on versus too... I think I can make it work.

Thanks guys! :D

Put me on there too then.

When were these signups, anyway? Over the weekend?
Early last night. I didn't expect the spots to be taken so fast. Haha, I thought I was going to have to post a few times to get it up to even 32.

For the next one, I'll put priority for those that didn't get to play in this one.

Kouichi

Early last night. I didn't expect the spots to be taken so fast. Haha, I thought I was going to have to post a few times to get it up to even 32.

For the next one, I'll put priority for those that didn't get to play in this one.

Add me to the reserves as well then. If I don't get a chance this time, I look forward to the next one!

emb

Heh, you underestimate Smash(Gaf). I'm curious to see the results.

Jado

Banned
I wish we could send messages in between rounds, even if just pre-written ones from a list.

I was playing a really great opponent last night. I was dead tired and involuntarily spacing out, playing really slow and sloppy. I wanted to explain my sudden drop-off in skill. I think he got it though. Our last match we were just hopping around, goofing off and not really fighting. Caught him with a lazy 9 hammer and we called it quits.

Would also be nice to friend strangers.

Salex_

Anyone have a link to the character breakdowns someone was doing in the OT? Or something similar to that?
1v1s anyone?

You should check out SmashBoards for stuff like that. I haven't looked at anything, so I have no clue if they are good or not, but they have sub-forums dedicated to every character.
Ah, forgot about that site. Thanks.

DaBoss

1v1s anyone?
Anyone have a link to the character breakdowns someone was during in the OT? Or something similar to that?
You should check out SmashBoards for stuff like that. I haven't looked at anything, so I have no clue if they are good or not, but they have sub-forums dedicated to every character.

I wish we could send messages in between rounds, even if just pre-written ones from a list.

I was playing a really great opponent last night. I was dead tired and involuntarily spacing out, playing really slow and sloppy. I wanted to explain my sudden drop-off in skill. I think he got it though. Our last match we were just hopping around, goofing off and not really fighting. Caught him with a lazy 9 hammer and we called it quits.

Would also be nice to friend strangers.
Just popped in here..can't believe I'm reading this in 2014 lol

random25

Today's been good for For Glory. A lot of good matches, and most of them are against the favorites (Yoshi, ZSS, Young Link among others).

Racking enough wins to up my ratio to 55%.

emb

Anyone have a link to the character breakdowns someone was doing in the OT? Or something similar to that?
You mean the custom showcases JoeInky and Georly were doing? I don't think those ever got finished, and I don't have a link handy. NinjaLink probably has you covered though. Or if you're looking for a more general overview, Zero has some up. There are probably others out there too.

And as mentioned, Smashboards is the go to for indepth character discussion and analysis.

Top Bottom