• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Drencrom

three Ganondorfs and one Dedede. Allright, I'll try later during my lunch break.

I'm probably gonna get mocked, but I was trying with a Megaman with attack and defense buffs. I practiced to much with him and managed to make him my best character. But I have a good Ganondorf on versus too... I think I can make it work.

Thanks guys! :D

Make that four Ganondorfs, just finished 9.0 with Dorf and my best equipment.

Jado

Banned
Just popped in here..can't believe I'm reading this in 2014 lol

What do you mean? To clarify, I was playing really great, with a 60/40 split with this tough opponent. Then my exhaustion hit me like a brick wall and I played very sluggish and couldn't focus. I find this game requires to be "on" to play online, giving 100% attention and constant sharp reflexes or even a seemingly lesser player will get the best of you. Not good to play after 16 hours awake on 5 hours of sleep.

I've been trying to finish Classic mode 9.0 with G&W and no equipment. I've come very close. Am I doing it wrong? Do I get the same achievement whether I do it with/without equips? Equips seem like cheating.

Pompadour

What do you mean? To clarify, I was playing really great, with a 60/40 split with this tough opponent. Then my exhaustion hit me like a brick wall and I played very sluggish and couldn't focus. I find this game requires to be "on" to play online, giving 100% attention and constant sharp reflexes or even a seemingly lesser player will get the best of you. Not good to play after 16 hours awake on 5 hours of sleep.

I've been trying to finish Classic mode 9.0 with G&W and no equipment. I've come very close. Am I doing it wrong? Do I get the same achievement whether I do it with/without equips? Equips seem like cheating.

You beat the challenge regardless if you use equipment or not.

Falawful

I'm finally running into some really good Rosa players online, it hadn't started happening to me until a couple days ago so I was sort of waiting for that hammer to drop lol. This one person I played had beat me several times in a row with her, and after finally getting more used to the matchup and his playstyle, I BARELY took him out with Yoshi.

The match after that I was ripping him apart with Bowser Jr, had a stupid SD and lost, and he left D: He was still easily the best player I've encountered in randoms, brought my win rate down a few percent lol.

Anyway looks like I missed the signups, go ahead and put me on the waiting list. I always dreaded participating in online Brawl tourneys, but the lag has been infrequent enough to make doing it in this game a lot more appealing.

Zing

Banned
ceriop.png

Hey guys, quick update on this. You guys already filled up the spots! I was worried we'd reach 32 spots, but we got to 64 in no time, so thanks! Unfortunately, this means that some of you asked after the maximum number of players was reached. Sorry, I just can't see being able to have more than 64 people partaking and things going smoothly, especially for the first time of trying this out.
Did I seriously miss out on this somehow? I sent you a PM after your first post and only 12 people were on the list. Bummer.

Edit: I just checked the time of my PM and it was five hours before you posted that there was still slots available for another user.

Did I seriously miss out on this somehow? I sent you a PM after your first post and only 12 people were on the list. Bummer.

Edit: I just checked the time of my PM and it was five hours before you posted that there was still slots available for another user.
Really? Now that I'm checking, you're right, I somehow missed your PM. Super sorry about that. For fairness, I'll bump everyone down one, meaning Mumei will now be the first on the reserves list. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, I'm at work, which is making keeping tabs on who wants to be on the reserve list straight, but I'm keeping track of everyone who's mentioned it so far and will add you tonight when I get home. Please PM to make it easier to keep track of you all (unless your Zig, apparently :p)

Neiteio

Hey guys, just a friendly reminder, if you've taken any snapshots that you find amusing or cute or clever or cool, even if it's just showing your favorite character(s) in a good light, please share them in the photo thread. It's great we can now share all of our snapshots, so I really want us to take advantage of it. :)

Here are some recent ones I took that I think look neat:

ssb-mypic864qf66.jpg
ssb-mypic110o9u7c.jpg

ssb-mypic85r1k3z.jpg
ssb-mypic70hvjgp.jpg

ssb-mypic79wcjc8.jpg
ssb-mypic117a6uvw.jpg

(That second-from-the-last one cracked me up for all the wrong reasons. And that last one cracked me up since Duck Hunt and Roy look like lazy kids on a hot summer day.)

Many more at the thread! Please share anything you want. :)

Iryx

Just encountered a really good Little Mac in FG, lost like 10 times in a row, more than half of them 2-stocks and I havent had any real problems VS other Little Macs, he left before I managed to beat him though.

Zing

Banned
Really? Now that I'm checking, you're right, I somehow missed your PM. Super sorry about that. For fairness, I'll bump everyone down one, meaning Mumei will now be the first on the reserves list. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, I'm at work, which is making keeping tabs on who wants to be on the reserve list straight, but I'm keeping track of everyone who's mentioned it so far and will add you tonight when I get home. Please PM to make it easier to keep track of you all (unless your Zig, apparently :p)

Thanks. I didn't mean to make too much fuss. My post was meant to show my surprise that so many people has replied to you so quickly that late at night, not to whine about it. Then I saw that you posted later and I wondered if my PM didn't go through.

I am still in awe of how quickly it filled. This game really is popular. One walk around my university campus and I max out my 12 streetpass. Other popular games have been Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing. Fire Emblem just hit the 50 cap last week after all summer and fall, and pokemon almost hit the 99 cap recently.

LQX

Hey Gaf, I just got my new copy of SSB but no Club Nintendo code was in the box. Did one come in the box?

Edit- WTF, I just noticed it is printed on the underside of the cover art.

Berordn

Hey Gaf, I just got my new copy of SSB but no Club Nintendo code was in the box. Did one come in the box?

Edit- WTF, I just noticed it is printed on the underside of the cover art.

That's the new thing they're doing. It's really really weird.

Thanks. I didn't mean to make too much fuss. My post was meant to show my surprise that so many people has replied to you so quickly that late at night, not to whine about it. Then I saw that you posted later and I wondered if my PM didn't go through.

I am still in awe of how quickly it filled. This game really is popular. One walk around my university campus and I max out my 12 streetpass. Other popular games have been Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing. Fire Emblem just hit the 50 cap last week after all summer and fall, and pokemon almost hit the 99 cap recently.
You're fine man, I didn't get that vibe. Want to make sure this is done fairly!

DooD1234

Say, for the classic and all star character trophy, do I have to do all 3 types of mii to get their trophies or I can just do only 1 of them.

georly

With Target Smash, what's the best way of launching the bomb with Toon Link?

General rule of thumb for target smash is that if you don't like the angle they're hitting it at, try hitting it against the wall instead. It changes the angle of your smash attack.

jokkir

Would anyone like to play one or two games with a Villager? I want to get one or two games in before I have to leave.

EDIT - Forgot to say I'm not too good lol

DooD1234

Prepare yourself Gaf! I will be home in an hour!
Hey, can I get some tips on how to not get stuck in PK thunder? That racked up so much damage that I be weakened enough to get KOed by Ness back throw. That curb stomping you did to me still hurt my ego and I get the feeling I was a joke to you (not that you actually feel that way but god damn, you make my brother Ness look like a lvl 3 CPU.)

Top Bottom