• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Fiktion

Banned
Curious, why does Lyn as an assist trophy have a voice (Skyrim Dark-Elf voice at that - I'd image Lyn would be a bit more... High pitched and immature?) despite the fact that Lyn has never had a voiced appearance outside of being an assist trophy, but Marth's voice is still Japanese even though he has actually had an English voiced appearance before?

Marth is still using his Melee voice clips, which predate any Fire Emblem outside Japan.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I forgot, did Marth have a voice in Awakening? I know he didn't have any speaking lines, but did he have any VA providing grunts during the DLC?

Ok, finally beat the level 9 classic mode.
You guys were right, Ganondorf was a beast, it made the final bosses seems WAY too easy.

just look at this sexy motherfucker.

Bonus round:
he also made the Homerun Challenge of the third panel way too easy. (video)

See I don't get this. I can't even beat Master Core on 6.0 with him.

Anth0ny

1736-0341-1378

The one SuperSah planned on doing seems like it won't be happening. There is the Super Bash Sisters tournament that Troubled Bat is organizing and is going to happen next next week I think.

ah nuts

I want to face the winner of the tournament bo5

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Guess I'm "part of the problem" then. If I lose on the first match, I'm out. I've already seen all you can do and I hate it, so off you go.

What a toxic mindset to have :( You care not about learning from your opponent? Getting better? Putting up a better and more fun challenge for your opponent? What a shame. What a shame.

I can't believe people actually give a fuck about their win/lose ratio. It's meaningless in almost every sense of the word and in the grand scheme of things, it truly matters nothing. The only thing that matters, as with most group activities, is having fun and respecting the community.

Mistle

What a toxic mindset to have :( You care not about learning from your opponent? Getting better? Putting up a better and more fun challenge for your opponent? What a shame. What a shame.

I can't believe people actually give a fuck about their win/lose ratio. It's meaningless in almost every sense of the word and in the grand scheme of things, it truly matters nothing. The only thing that matters, as with most group activities, is having fun and respecting the community.

I wish everyone thought like this. I looked at my stats a couple times out of curiosity, but I don't understand why anyone really cares about them.

People leaving after 1 match is a problem for me also. Whether I win or lose, it seems people leave. When I finally find somebody who sticks around, it's so much more fun.

If I'm better than them, I'll choose a character I'm no good at and have some fun, using it as an opportunity to learn a new character. If they're better than me, I'll use my main(s) and just try my hardest, all while slowly learning how to handle skillful opponents.

I've never, and probably never will, leave a matchup because of ego or stats or whatever. When I do leave, I really wish there was some MK style text options, just so I could say "Good game!" or "Bye!" or something, haha, just because I want the mutual understanding.

I know it's called for glory, and not for fun, but people are taking it too seriously. Stats don't mean anything when your artificially creating situations where you're the winner.

zlCfzSiSzP0pc6b384

I wanna try this

Cranzor

Does anyone else get nervous playing online? I feel like I play way worse than normal online because I'm so nervous. It's really dumb. It only ever really happens with randoms, because when I play friends or people from GAF I'm mostly fine.

Is online gaming anxiety a thing? I think I've seen some other posts about it before.

Dr. Buni

Does anyone else get nervous playing online? I feel like I play way worse than normal online because I'm so nervous. It's really dumb. It only ever really happens with randoms, because when I play friends or people from GAF I'm mostly fine.

Is online gaming anxiety a thing? I think I've seen some other posts about it before.
I do! I always get nervous and struggle a bit to start playing "online", but fortunately I calm down after one or two matches. It happens to every online game (specially Dota 2 ;_;).
Still on the quest for a new main.
Funny enough I have been using Dark Pit.\
That's how low on the barrel I am going.
I am using Samus a lot lately, she feels so good. But I don't want to main Samus of all characters. I am so conflicted.

I think it is a thing, I don't so much get it with Smash simply because I feel competent enough that I'm not going to be trapped in a never ending cycle of getting my arse kicked. Though a few times upon booting up smash online I get that odd nervous feeling before the first match for reasons.
As for other games though, sometimes it feels like I'm forcing myself into the online portion or I'll just avoid it all together, for myself I think it relates to a sense of general anxiety that I guess manages to manifest for online because it involves other people no matter how indirect it often is.

Heck I get nervous making threads here on GAF, I'll preview the hell out of things before I post them but enough delving into my madness for now.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
I wish everyone thought like this. I looked at my stats a couple times out of curiosity, but I don't understand why anyone really cares about them.

People leaving after 1 match is a problem for me also. Whether I win or lose, it seems people leave. When I finally find somebody who sticks around, it's so much more fun.

If I'm better than them, I'll choose a character I'm no good at and have some fun, using it as an opportunity to learn a new character. If they're better than me, I'll use my main(s) and just try my hardest, all while slowly learning how to handle skillful opponents.

I've never, and probably never will, leave a matchup because of ego or stats or whatever. When I do leave, I really wish there was some MK style text options, just so I could say "Good game!" or "Bye!" or something, haha, just because I want the mutual understanding.

I know it's called for glory, and not for fun, but people are taking it too seriously. Stats don't mean anything when your artificially creating situations where you're the winner.

Hear, hear.

And, indeed, it's called 'For Glory', not 'For ePenis'.

DaBoss

Can't wait to be able to use a C-stick and play as Jigglypuff. Very hard spacing aerials.

And why does Rest no longer cause star KOs or screen KOs? Rest takes long enough for the opponent to respawn without those and get a KO...

Top Bottom