• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Cynosure

on For Glory, i almost always leave after a match, win or lose.
i get thumb cramps after a single fight. sweaty fingers too, especially if the match was intense.

Jawmuncher

I do! I always get nervous and struggle a bit to start playing "online", but fortunately I calm down after one or two matches. It happens to every online game (specially Dota 2 ;_;).
I am using Samus a lot lately, she feels so good. But I don't want to main Samus of all characters. I am so conflicted.

For me a big criteria oddly enough is that I need a not so popular character.
For example while i'll play little mac with friends, i'll never do so on For Glory.
I just like playing someone that people don't see as often.

RiggyRob

I've only been playing on and off, but I'm having real trouble trying to do Classic on 9.0 (no customs). Not only do you have to bet 2200 gold (which is a surprisingly large amount of gold considering), but if you die once you get bumped down to a lower intensity, you lose some rewards and you lose money too. Kind of demotivating tbh.

Especially since you're playing against bullshit 9.0 CPUs that read your every move!

That shield break in the first game was rage quit worth at least ;)

I am the Captain of the House of Rage Quit, not because I've Rage Quit the most.

But because I've taken that rage and turned it into a bounty of lmaoooooo. Didn't expect my shield to break like that, never fought a Villager who actually knew how to do something not flowchart-worthy.

Dr. Buni

For me a big criteria oddly enough is that I need a not so popular character.
For example while i'll play little mac with friends, i'll never do so on For Glory.
I just like playing someone that people don't see as often.
Yeah, I have the same criteria as you. Playing an overused character isn't as exciting as playing an underused one.

Unfortunately it still is difficult to gauge what characters are popular and what aren't in Smash 4.

GamerSoul

Does anyone else get nervous playing online? I feel like I play way worse than normal online because I'm so nervous. It's really dumb. It only ever really happens with randoms, because when I play friends or people from GAF I'm mostly fine.

Is online gaming anxiety a thing? I think I've seen some other posts about it before.

I get that feeling of anxiety too when i play any game 1 vs 1 online. I dont understand why but it's like i feel either extra pressure or some adrenaline going through me.

Does anyone else get nervous playing online? I feel like I play way worse than normal online because I'm so nervous. It's really dumb. It only ever really happens with randoms, because when I play friends or people from GAF I'm mostly fine.

Is online gaming anxiety a thing? I think I've seen some other posts about it before.

I'm the same way. My heart sometimes starts beating real hard if it's close or I'm getting my ass kicked. I can only play about five matches before I have to take a break.

Neki

Thanks for the battles Neki. Your Link is so good :) Those damn gale boomerangs kept surprising me.

They still surprise me, the worst is when I bring an opponent all the way from the edge of the map back to the platform. :p

I like your Toon Link, but I think you spam side b on Shulk just a little bit too much. :p

ConmanIX

They still surprise me, the worst is when I bring an opponent all the way from the edge of the map back to the platform. :p

I like your Toon Link, but I think you spam side b on Shulk just a little bit too much. :p

Yep, I sure do. Still trying to get better with him :)

The way my brain responds to online multiplayer in this game is so weird

In person with friends, I'm completely apathetic about winning or losing.

Playing strangers seems to turn me into an angry competitive person. And I seem to suck at smash. I can't tell what portion of my frequent losses is my own fault, and what is the fault of the damage a friend did to my slide pad. So much anger at this game.

Ryce

Was this posted?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...ole-absences-twitch-and-super-smash-bros.aspx

I’ve been playing a ton of Smash Bros. lately, as I’m sure everybody has. How involved are you are in the selection of the Pokémon who make it in the game? How did Greninja get into the game?

Even since the very first Smash Bros., it’s been Mr. Sakurai coming to us with ideas saying, “If we put this Pokemon in this game – in Smash Bros. – we’d be able to show it off in a really cool way and do something really cool with it.” The origin comes from Mr. Sakurai. We typically go with what he wants to do because he’s really thinking of not just showing off the character in a cool way, but making sure it makes sense and works really well from a gameplay perspective. We leave it up to him.

zruben

Banned
See I don't get this. I can't even beat Master Core on 6.0 with him.

man, that's crazy... in lvl 9, Ganondorf kills the shadow monsters in 10 hits, tops... try to get used to his speed and the pacing of the hits. it's kinda tricky.

What else would you expect from Sakurai's Dad?

By the way, did you use a Custom Set? I've been trying to beat 9.0, but can't seem too---I tried using a bunch of Atk. Equipment like I do in Smash Run, but they seem to be neutered when you use them in the central game.

yeah, I did it with a attack + defense buffed Ganondorf. It seemed to make a difference on my case.

Phew George, those were some epic games man. Great characters. Definitely one of the better players on here

Shamrock I really want to play you again, but our lag from last time has left me scarred. ;__; Especially since I haven't dealt with that against anyone else.

So um, anybody wanna give me a try? FC in profile.

You're the one person I have yet to beat sham, from literally everyone :p you should be proud xD coming for ya tho ;)

OH and we make a good team! Haha

Hah they are always close though. One misstep against Little Mac and I get a ton of damage.

Shamrock I really want to play you again, but our lag from last time has left me scarred. ;__; Especially since I haven't dealt with that against anyone else.

So um, anybody wanna give me a try? FC in profile.

For sure when I get back we can try again.

jorgejjvr

Hah they are always close though. One misstep against Little Mac and I get a ton of damage.

For sure when I get back we can try again.
You are awesome tho, and not someone too into themselves, even when sometimes you might win every match haha really appreciate that. People like you just make me want to get better :D

DaBoss

Metal B, you're really making me realize why the shield is so strong. I am being shield grabbed so many times. I'm grateful there aren't that much grab follow-ups in the game lol.

GGs

jorgejjvr

Also confession I have come to the conclusion that although I can do alright with some characters, I lack a great air game because of the 3ds. I see myself missing things that should be sure hits and it just outright confuses me, harder to do some inputs, I still do the occasional right b instead of up etc. I see myself practicing all over again with certain characters with the wii u version

Metal B

Metal B, you're really making me realize why the shield is so strong. I am being shield grabbed so many times. I'm grateful there aren't that much grab follow-ups in the game lol.
GGs
Good Games.
But your shield are sometimes too easy to read. You fall into a pattern often, especially in the end with Dr. Mario and Jigglypup. But at the beginning it was hard to fight against a good Jigglypuff and Mario/Dr. Mario. I was a lot of fun! Some criticizing or tips for me?

But your right, sometimes i just hate the controls. So many stupid mistakes from me. But there was also a glitch in Yoshi's Story. At the edge i tried to airdoge and got pushed hard downsides. Very strange ...

Top Bottom