• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Tried For Glory again, actually had a playable match! Took me almost half of it to get used to the different feel since there was still some input lag, but after that things got pretty ugly for my not-too-good opponent. Was an Olimar that basically just wanted to stand at the edge and throw Pikmin.

Gotta say, Falco's VA isn't that good either. Fox's is at least hilarious to listen to, but Falco just sounds so...ordinary and not at all cocky.

I finally got 4 KOs in Cruel and 110 KOs in 3 minute smash. It's funny... I've been playing the single player modes so much that I still don't even have the 100 KOs in Smash challenge completed.

Anyone have tips on how to have strategy instead of patterns? I can't help but just do the moves I'm used to doing regardless of what the opponent is doing (Unless he's shooting at me, then I'll block, or if he's open, I'll do a smash attack. But thats just simple stuff). Its so hard for me to think about what moves are best used in a situation and anticipate what my opponent might do, instead of having patterns and mindlessly using what moves worked for me in the past (Like spamming side b as yoshi or whatever)

DaBoss

Good Games.
But your shield are sometimes too easy to read. You fall into a pattern often, especially in the end with Dr. Mario and Jigglypup. But at the beginning it was hard to fight against a good Jigglypuff and Mario/Dr. Mario. I was a lot of fun! Some criticizing or tips for me?

But your right, sometimes i just hate the controls. So many stupid mistakes from me. But there was also a glitch in Yoshi's Story. At the edge i tried to airdoge and got pushed hard downsides. Very strange ...
I never really shielded much though. My rolls and aerials were definitely predictable and a lot of them led to punishes.

I'm not very good with Dr. Mario. I play him and Mario differently. I just wanted to try him out more.

Jigglypuff is usually just for messing around since I can't control her well on the 3DS, though I like how she plays. Like I was trying out the Rollout trick a lot where you can immediately change directions even though I wouldn't ever use Rollout in most cases.

Still, thanks for the tips.

As far as I could tell, you were playing fine and taking advantage of my mistakes.
---------------------------
I feel like I played single-player stuff so much that I'm not accustomed to playing with others lol.

Masked Man

I said wow
I think everyone in Japan takes the concept of "For Glory" pretty damn seriously. If they win, they quit while they're ahead. If they lose, they rage quit. It's maddening!
I've only rarely been able to string together several matches. When I do, of course, it's a lot of fun and I learn a lot. Usually I get to play different characters, too, which gives me a great opportunity to practice with some of my other characters and learn some of the opponent's other characters as well.

Metal B

I never really shielded much though. My rolls and aerials were definitely predictable and a lot of them led to punishes..
Sorry, it is late were i'm from. I meant, your approves were often easy to shield and to punish. I should go to bed ^^''

DaBoss

Sorry, it is late were i'm from. I meant, your approves were often easy to shield and to punish. I should go to bed ^^''
Oh lol, yea, that makes sense. No need to apologize. Good night.
I'm not playing For Glory, with Marth, and I can't seem to airdodge away from it.
You should hold up and try to jump out of it.

Holding up will push you high enough to jump out of it.

wuth

I'm playing For Glory, with Marth, and I can't seem to airdodge away from it.

Are you trying to vector out of it?

His up tilt should be relatively easy to get out of if 1) you're holding a direction or 2) you have a quick nair or something that can interupt the pattern. 60% seems super freakin' high, though I often combo people from 0-20ish...

Revven

I'm playing For Glory, with Marth, and I can't seem to airdodge away from it.

Are you holding up? If you aren't, hold up, mash jump and you should be able to get out... Can't imagine Lucario's Utilt is that good while he is at low % and you're at low %.

I JV 3-stocked someone in For Glory 1v1.

Twice.

No one should be allowed to be this bad.

I also instakilled a Jigglypuff by breaking her full shield with a Ganondorf u-tilt lol.

Falawful

I think everyone in Japan takes the concept of "For Glory" pretty damn seriously. If they win, they quit while they're ahead. If they lose, they rage quit. It's maddening!
I've only rarely been able to string together several matches. When I do, of course, it's a lot of fun and I learn a lot. Usually I get to play different characters, too, which gives me a great opportunity to practice with some of my other characters and learn some of the opponent's other characters as well.

It's aggravating when I pick a character I want to practice against my previous opponent, who then drops out after I'm locked in, is replaced with someone who uses their main to beat me and then leaves. What's the deal, if I'm such an easy target for you then why take off after one match?

For Glory needs some best 2-of-3 ruleset to circumvent these people lol.

I feel like my Sheik is improving. Slowly learning how to keep the pressure on my opponent whilst mostly restraining myself from attempting any big moves until their percentage is super high. I'm not good enough to reliably nail a kill with up-smash.

Well, I kept getting raped. It's a good lesson!

Hey man, maybe don't use that word like that.

Cedric

He's definitely a good source :D

Hahahah thanks, I knew I'd lose to your Shulk eventually you're really good with him! Good games, let's play again sometime!

Ced hit me up with those Rosalina tips.
I need them.

Hahaha honestly I don't have a lot of tips. Her aerials are great, I love forward throw to fair, or up throw to uair (probably best choice, you can really juggle opponents with this one). Also, I found that it's best to send Luma out to the shortest distance possible unless you're trying to attack someone off the stage.

random25

Damn I wish I could fight that Japanese Yoshi main again. Pretty intense match! I won every match but everything was sooooo close, like one wrong move can kill you.

And taunting at the final stock for both of us at the final battle at the same time...a damn nice display of respect right there! I wish we could add each other.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Cedric

I'm down for some more Smash, who wants to 1v1 For Glory style?

0791-3457-5358

edit: oh sorry nvm, my friend asked me to play him right now

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
What's with all the diving dairs now. I don't remember Bowser and Sheik having them. ZSS had that annoying one in Brawl and it's unfortunately back.

Does anyone actually like those? They have so much less utility.

Top Bottom