• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Ricky 7

What's with all the diving dairs now. I don't remember Bowser and Sheik having them. ZSS had that annoying one in Brawl and it's unfortunately back.

Does anyone actually like those? They have so much less utility.
Sometimes when I play as ZSS I try to run of the ledge to Bair someone for a stage spike but the stupid circle pad recognises the input as down for some reason so I dair to my death. T_T

WEGGLES

I've yet to have a positive online experince with this game. At BEST it's pretty laggy, but usually it's borderline unplayable. I have no idea what the fuck the issue is, but it's super frustrating.

J@hranimo

Banned
Damn Negator my bad! I raged when I fell and I dropped my 3DS on the table and the lid closed >.<

I wanna keep going. I need to learn this matchup!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I've yet to have a positive online experince with this game. At BEST it's pretty laggy, but usually it's borderline unplayable. I have no idea what the fuck the issue is, but it's super frustrating.

That's how most of mine are. I've had a couple good ones though. Wondered if it was better with friends than For Glory but I think the one time I played with a friend was one of the laggiest experiences I've had. We rolled with it anyway and it was hilarious because of our inability to react, but in general it's not fun.

Not sure if it is sporadic on my end or if I have just had mostly bad luck in matching up with For Glory folks.

You might be able to improve it by changing some router settings though.

WEGGLES

That's how most of mine are. I've had a couple good ones though. Wondered if it was better with friends than For Glory but I think the one time I played with a friend was one of the laggiest experiences I've had. We rolled with it anyway and it was hilarious because of our inability to react, but in general it's not fun.

Not sure if it is sporadic on my end or if I have just had mostly bad luck in matching up with For Glory folks.

You might be able to improve it by changing some router settings though.

My roommate claims to have no issue playing online.

Is it my 3DS? I've played 15 matches. All terrible.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Damn Negator my bad! I raged when I fell and I dropped my 3DS on the table and the lid closed >.<

I wanna keep going. I need to learn this matchup!

>.>

Sound like it might not be good idea for you to fight me anytime soon. :p

if you want to challenge me then i'm ready

Dr.Hadji

Anyone have tips on how to have strategy instead of patterns? I can't help but just do the moves I'm used to doing regardless of what the opponent is doing (Unless he's shooting at me, then I'll block, or if he's open, I'll do a smash attack. But thats just simple stuff). Its so hard for me to think about what moves are best used in a situation and anticipate what my opponent might do, instead of having patterns and mindlessly using what moves worked for me in the past (Like spamming side b as yoshi or whatever)

Here is the tricky thing. Strategies are just good patterns or a set of good patterns. What you're really looking for a better type of pattern. There are countless ways of developing better ones. For example, you should take your best kill move(s) and figure out multiple ways of putting yourself into a position to make that move land most often. Of these multiple routes you develop, be mindful of what rps "triangle" (shield, grab, attack or air dodge or not to air dodge, ect.) the specific strat puts you and your opponent in. If you find a strat that puts pressure on your opponents shield safely try to think of an option that puts you into a position to grab or shield yourself.

Honestly, recognizing the constraints you're putting on your opponent is half the game. If you find three set ups that can attack all parts of the triangle you can just use them at random and increase your wins greatly. Give your character if you'd like some specific examples.

J@hranimo

Banned
>.>

Sound like it might not be good idea for you to fight me anytime soon. :p

if you want to challenge me then i'm ready

Too be honest, I'm not a "rage" gamer. I did a side b instead of up b with Palutena and I had him on the ropes lol. I need to be careful though.

I'll play you later on Heath, if you want to my FC is in my profile...or are we friends already?

J@hranimo

Banned
One more Negator and then I gotta get off.

Rosalina is a problem :/ Definitely Top 5 in these games easily.

edit: Ugh, gimped. GGs, Your Rosa is damn good. Palutena could barely get in.

jokkir

Oh man, I didn't know you can reverse the rocket that Villager rides with Dr Mario. I died because of it
LLShC.gif

My Tellius lore is a bit rusty these days, but I was reading Ike's trophy and uh

"Having fought in the Mad King's War, restored the fallen nation of Crimea, and taken on the Begnion Empire"

I don't remember the bolded happening?

Zero Suits, Greninjas and Dededes. The only three characters who, when played properly, can make my Ganon cry.

Everyone else just buys a ticket to Fucked City.
Are you still confident in the source you listed earlier?

Also, I second Dedede as a Bowser player. That ftilt is monstrous.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Too be honest, I'm not a "rage" gamer. I did a side b instead of up b with Palutena and I had him on the ropes lol. I need to be careful though.

I'll play you later on Heath, if you want to my FC is in my profile...or are we friends already?

I think we already did. what is your Mii's name so I can double check

May be referring to that part where he speaks against the political figures in PoR.

When he finds out about the Laguz slaves?

I thought that happened in Radiant Dawn?

From what I remember, he joined up with the Laguz Alliance, fought Micaiah's forces, and then...big gap in my memory.

Now that I think about it, I vaguely recall something about corrupt Begnion officials? I haven't played POR/RD in forever.

SMgamer83

Currently sporting 105-13 record on For Glory. 89% Win rate.

Ness 33-3
Bowser 28-3
Mario 21-2
Shiek 6-1
Kirby 5-1
Dr. Mario 4-1
Rob 3-1
Fox 1-1
DK 1-0
Link 1-0

At this point, I think I need to play some Gaffers. I put my friend code in my profile if anyone is up for some games.

I don't actually run into many Little Mac's, but it's incredibly easy to beat the bad ones in a mirror match. Can win in under a minute with the KO punch because they try to edge guard by just standing and charging a smash attack.

Jrs3000

Currently sporting 105-13 record on For Glory. 89% Win rate.

Ness 33-3
Bowser 28-3
Mario 21-2
Shiek 6-1
Kirby 5-1
Dr. Mario 4-1
Rob 3-1
Fox 1-1
DK 1-0
Link 1-0

At this point, I think I need to play some Gaffers. I put my friend code in my profile if anyone is up for some games.

my fc in my profile also

Zing

Banned

Any advice to make this game not lag to hell and back online?

If you are consistently having lag, it's probably your connection. I assume most of the people here are smooth for the majority of the time. I play every day, at different times of day, always four-player with randoms "for fun" and maybe one out of ten matches have any sort of lag, and its never unplayable.

I have just the average cable modem connection here. Nothing fancy. I have no suggestions other than definitely look closely at your router. Almost all of the routers out there are junk: linksys, dlink, netgear, etc… my friends and I have tried them over the years and they all are bad in one aspect or another. Update your firmware and hope for the best.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
If you are consistently having lag, it's probably your connection. I assume most of the people here are smooth for the majority of the time. I play every day, at different times of day, always four-player with randoms "for fun" and maybe one out of ten matches have any sort of lag, and its never unplayable.

I have just the average cable modem connection here. Nothing fancy. I have no suggestions other than definitely look closely at your router. Almost all of the routers out there are junk: linksys, dlink, netgear, etc… my friends and I have tried them over the years and they all are bad in one aspect or another. Update your firmware and hope for the best.

I don't really think it's worth worrying much about on 3DS, at least for me this game is pretty throwaway apart from grinding stuff out ahead of the release of the Wii U version (if we can't transfer custom moves I'll be pissed). If I have problems on the Wii U version then I'll be disappointed.

Top Bottom