• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

I keep trying to pivot grab with Dark Pit but I keep attacking instead of grabbing. I'm just using the L button so I'm pretty confused about whether or not Dark Pit can pivot grab at all.

emb

I keep trying to pivot grab with Dark Pit but I keep attacking instead of grabbing. I'm just using the L button so I'm pretty confused about whether or not Dark Pit can pivot grab at all.
Can you pivot grab consistently with the others? In general you need to press L earlier for the grab to come out instead of the tilt.

kimtish

Neo Member
Ran into a fellow DeDeDe player online.

Mirror matches are really cool because you see techs that you never thought to use before.

I fought him 3-4 times and learned 3 new approaches and follow ups with triple D.

Learning and adapting in this game is cool.

ec0ec0

Umm, WAT? You're talking about the hyper offensive Melee? The game in which if you're in your shield you're at a disadvantage. The game in which power shielding is almost worthless because of the speed of L-canceling. The game in which rolling is that "highly questionable option you can use every once in a while to mix things up". Melee has like two defensive match ups (YLink vs Peach/Jiggs) but that's about it. Melee is most certainly offensive pressure first.

I see that as both normal and expected in a figting game!?

Tom_Cody

GGs mate, your Link was pretty cool. At least it wasn't flowcharty. Shame about the lag though, I was being too cautious but whatever, no johns. :(

EDIT: Holy fucking shit I need to main Wario: https://gfycat.com/BogusDemandingBluewhale

The explanation I've seen pop up the most is that Wario has really weird vectoring that leads to that kind of thing happening.
I am so confused.

Are you talking about this?
http://smashboards.com/threads/vectoring-the-replacement-to-directional-influence-in-smash-4.368780/

I am a novice, but I don't see how that would explain what is going on in those clips.

RomanceDawn

It was just Ash and I, along with some his local friends. Will email soon with plans for next week though!

I'll be there next time. I actually was at the place early and as I sat there something started to come over me. Don't know if it was my spider sense or some kind of stomach flu but I didn't want to risk making myself or anyone else worse.

Next time for sure!!!!! Most likely!!!!!

Clov

Boy, Jungle Japes is terrible.

Wrong, Jungle Japes is amazing. It's the most played stage in my game so far. The reason? My friends and I like to play a drinking game on that stage. Anyone who falls into the river and dies has to take a shot. Since we play with all items on, we have some additional rules; if you get killed by the Beetle or Boss Galaga, you also have to take a shot. If you manage to get an extra stock with the S-Flag, everyone except you has to take a shot. It's a lot of fun.

I don't really know myself, just offering up an explanation I've seen. We'd have to ask a Wario main who's experienced this about it, maybe it's a specific input. I've seen it happen far too often for it to be coincidence.
It's a glitch. Wario can shift his aerial momentum out of a hitstun.

All you gotta do is hold up during the hitstun.

emb

I really like Jungle Japes. The water seems especially strong in this game, and the river god seems more incessant than usual. This cuts off the fairly safe low recoveries that are more common. There's practically a pseudo-blastzone right there under your feet, and it really changes the flow of the match sometimes.

Grexeno

I really like Jungle Japes. The water seems especially strong in this game, and the river god seems more incessant than usual. This cuts off the fairly safe low recoveries that are more common. There's practically a pseudo-blastzone right there under your feet, and it really changes the flow of the match sometimes.
I'm not even sure if it's actually possible to get out of the water in this game.

Jungle Japes has always been one of my favorite stages. The way the platforms are arranged makes it good for both close-quarters combat and long-range item chucking. I wish the water wasn't as powerful this time around, and I wish the DK Rap was one of the music choices (pls sakurai) but it's still the best retro stage, imo.

Neki

Jungle Japes has always been one of my favorite stages. The way the platforms are arranged makes it good for both close-quarters combat and long-range item chucking. I wish the water wasn't as powerful this time around, and I wish the DK Rap was one of the music choices (pls sakurai) but it's still the best retro stage, imo.
I wish we had fountain of dreams as a retro stage, ever.

one_kill

Any tips for customising Ganondorf for Classic 9.0? I've done well by focusing on attack and defence, but I've only reached the swords form.

Clov

I'm not even sure if it's actually possible to get out of the water in this game.

Only character I've seen it done as is Link, using his recovery.

I wish we had fountain of dreams as a retro stage, ever.

Same. I'm still holding out some hope that it'll be in the Wii U version. The only Melee stage we know is back for that version is Onett, isn't it? That's not a great sign; it makes it seem like the only returning Melee stages are going to be the ones that were in Brawl.

Worst case scenario, they always could remake some older stages as DLC.

Top Bottom