• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

And for the first time since I started playing....I have an above 50% win record in 1v1 For Glory!!! (50.19%) I'm going to cherish this moment, especially since I went on a 10-game win streak to finally obtain it after losing five in a row to a nightmare Shulk. 259 1v1 For Glory battles, 130 wins, 129 losses.

My best fighters:
Lucario: 28-12
Bowser Jr: 22-15
Little Mac: 13-12
Luigi: 12-12

My "you tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter" fighters:
Mega Man: 12-20
Wii Fit Trainer: 7-16
Sheik: 8-10
Jigglypuff: 1-8

My "you were my main in Melee and Brawl, what the hell happened" fighter:
Falco: 3-6

My "only undefeated record within characters I've used so far" fighter:
Ganondorf: 4-0

Who loves stat pages? This guy loves stat pages!

The general opinion was initially pretty welcoming I think, the biggest problem was the fact it's such a long and annoying grind to unlock them.

Now that we have a good idea of what all of them are I don't know if that has changed or not. They don't seem overpowered or anything, most of them are just different, some better, others outright worse/pointless.

Equipment is going to be banned super hard though.

Custom moves will for certain be allowed once tournaments find a way to globally unlock them to make sure no one has an unfair advantage. Forcing a grind for the one of the most interesting changes in smash 4 was an awful idea.

As someone said before, learn to love her customs...but at the same time if you plan to go to tourneys in the future and they don't allow customs then well you'd be shit out of luck. If you do want to try them out, I personally liked explosive flame as her neutral b and keep everything else the same.

With that said, Get good at her jabs and down grab and her fair/nair/uair follow ups. Her most challenging matchups in my experience are rush down characters. Hope that helped!

Ok, thanks. I don't go to tournaments, but I do like using their rules. I have to ask my brothers if they're okay with me using customs. I don't have a copy of my own, so I play my brother's copy. The characters I like using are Robin, Rosalina, and Palutena. I might explore more characters but for now I want to focus on them.

Serrato

well that was the last one for me. Thank you! It was revelating for me.

Question : Is it me or Link has very low lending lag?

GGs Leroid. A few things with your Ness.

- Don't listen to the naysayers. PK fire is very effective if you know how to use it. Get really good at pivot pkfire. Learn to read opponents and know when they will dash forward to catch them, or hit them as they come down from the air. Anticipate that landing lag.

- Be more aggressive in general. You are afraid to attack. You have to short hop jump that fair into the enemy with confidence!

-String together moves. You do a move or two and you kind of have these moments where you pause and block, or do nothing. You have to constantly be moving to throw off the opponent.

-Where is that pkthunder man? Use it! Go crazy on them when they are in the air.

Sorry, I was playing Serrato. I'm free now.

Nair and Bair are pretty safe, not so much the rest.

sure. I will host

What does Greninja have going for him? I do well with him but couldn't really explain why. His counter is bad, Shadow Sneak is a slower, riskier, and more limited version of Meta Knight's move, his neutral air has barely any range and a slow startup, slow recovery on side smash. His aerials are strong, his up smash is fast, and Hydro Pump can be really effective. Not sure what else.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Ganondorf is a actually decent counter to Mac.

And holy shit since when is his up tilt a shield breaker!?

Cedric

Yo J@hranimo those first seconds were so confusing! At times I wasn't sure who hit who ahahaha, especially during those down smashes!

k_hop

Nice! I see.

So last thing before I go sleep... any tip or things I should stop to do(or that were way too easy to... predict and counter).

I'm not really sure, you seemed to have a pretty solid handle on Shulk. Don't go for forward smash without being sure it'll hit I guess since it has a lot of recovery. Monado arts seem really useful too, keep using that heavy class one when you're in high percent--you were living past 200 and surviving would could kill other characters with that on.

Also, for fighting me specifically, I recommend using the art that makes you really fast most of the time. Link has problems fighting opponents who can stay in his grill really well (or at least, I have trouble with them).

ProphessorX

Neo Member
I can't grab effectively at all. I always forget it's there until my opponent is an expert in it and slams me.

Dash grab or grab out of shield? Damage them in grab or go for throw or let them fly upwards automatically (the wario effect?)

Serrato

I'm not really sure, you seemed to have a pretty solid handle on Shulk. Don't go for forward smash without being sure it'll hit I guess since it has a lot of recovery. Monado arts seem really useful too, keep using that heavy class one when you're in high percent--you were living past 200 and surviving would could kill other characters with that on.

Also, for fighting me specifically, I recommend using the art that makes you really fast most of the time. Link has problems fighting opponents who can stay in his grill really well (or at least, I have trouble with them).

Yah, the forward smash is good but has immense lag. At least it got good range.

For the art with speed, you mean the blue one? The problem with that one is that the jump are lower, like the Yellow Heavy one, and I got less damage to boot. Against a Link that can hit pretty much anywhere near him, that seemed illogical to do But I might be wrong.

J@hranimo

Banned
Yo J@hranimo those first seconds were so confusing! At times I wasn't sure who hit who ahahaha, especially during those down smashes!

I was so surpised too lol! I had to stop and make sure I knew which one I was :p It was intense.

I cannot do anything against Rosalina this is so annoying >_<

emb

I can't grab effectively at all. I always forget it's there until my opponent is an expert in it and slams me.

Dash grab or grab out of shield? Damage them in grab or go for throw or let them fly upwards automatically (the wario effect?)
Dash grab AND grab out of shield. Then hit them a time or two while you're holding them (if they're at high enough percent to not break out), then through them somewhere that puts them in a bad position.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
It's not too bad. Sorry about Guar plain. Not that it mattered for me. This is my last one.

Alright, ggs. Your WFT had me bamboozled lol.

Also, I don't mind normal mode Gaur Plain, though it's definitely not that great when you're playing Ike.

J@hranimo

Banned
GGs J@hranimo! That was fun, you should play Palutena and DHD more often you're really good with them!

GGs! and thanks! They're my main and secondary respectively. Your Rosalina is amazing, she's so tough to go against, but I swear I'll figure out that Palutena/Rosalina matchup someday haha.

Done finishing first with everyone in Smash Run when I finally figured out who I didn't with (checked for lowest score). Also after killing myself twice on the first group I finished All-Star mode on hard which I figured was an achievement but didn't see until after the Smash Run one.

You prob noticed me power shielding a lot of your moves. You had a pretty set formula, and once I figured out the pattern I was able to block most of your attacks, and it was more a matter of me just getting in before your next attack

Top Bottom