• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

RomanceDawn

GGs Leroid. A few things with your Ness.

- Don't listen to the naysayers. PK fire is very effective if you know how to use it. Get really good at pivot pkfire. Learn to read opponents and know when they will dash forward to catch them, or hit them as they come down from the air. Anticipate that landing lag.

- Be more aggressive in general. You are afraid to attack. You have to short hop jump that fair into the enemy with confidence!

-String together moves. You do a move or two and you kind of have these moments where you pause and block, or do nothing. You have to constantly be moving to throw off the opponent.

-Where is that pkthunder man? Use it! Go crazy on them when they are in the air.

sure. I will host

When people play each other this is how after game commentary should go. Especially when people use the same characters.

If everyone helped each other with character tips we'd all get really good really fast.

K Hop! Are you mad at me for our matches the other day?

Alright, that is all I have time for. GGs. Some day I will beat you, but I don't have any idea when. Seems like Yoshi is my best bet, with Lucario being 1 million light years away.

Alright, that is all I have time for. GGs. Some day I will beat you, but I don't have any idea when. Seems like Yoshi is my best bet, with Lucario being 1 million light years away.

Hah hah, good games! I was really impressed with your Yoshi! By far, he was the most difficult of your characters to read. I had no idea what was coming next-- he was all over the place! I'm looking forward to playing again!

I've still got a few more in me, if anyone else wants to 1v1.
FC: 3110-4300-6721

k_hop

Hah hah, good games! I was really impressed with your Yoshi! By far, he was the most difficult of your characters to read. I had no idea what was coming next-- he was all over the place! I'm looking forward to playing again!

I've still got a few more in me, if anyone else wants to 1v1.
FC: 3110-4300-6721

Added. FC in profile

Codeblue

I think I'm about done with For Glory. The middle ground between scrub that doesn't shield and people that roll around for 5 minutes trying to force sudden death is thin. I might go back to test combos or practice roll punishing at some point.

Probably just going to stick to GAF friendlies from here on.

random25

I think I'm about done with For Glory. The middle ground between scrub that doesn't shield and people that roll around for 5 minutes trying to force sudden death is thin. I might go back to test combos or practice roll punishing at some point.

Go online 8 hours from now onwards. Lots of pretty good Japanese players around that time.

ChrisD

And Rosalinas. Haven't played For Glory since she won those tournaments... Now it's all I see. Rolling, camping, ungrabbable Rosalinas.

Geef me back my Little Mac overuse.

k_hop

Good games! Solid Link there, I had a real tough time getting to him. We'll have to play again soon!

Yeah, those matches were neck and neck! I was wondering though, where was the pew pew pew? I hardly ever see Megamans that aren't all about that pew pew pew. Not that you weren't doing just fine with every other tool he has

leroidys

GGs Leroid. A few things with your Ness.

- Don't listen to the naysayers. PK fire is very effective if you know how to use it. Get really good at pivot pkfire. Learn to read opponents and know when they will dash forward to catch them, or hit them as they come down from the air. Anticipate that landing lag.

- Be more aggressive in general. You are afraid to attack. You have to short hop jump that fair into the enemy with confidence!

-String together moves. You do a move or two and you kind of have these moments where you pause and block, or do nothing. You have to constantly be moving to throw off the opponent.

-Where is that pkthunder man? Use it! Go crazy on them when they are in the air.

sure. I will host

GGs, thanks for the tips. My phone kept ringing and then my friend showed up at the door during the Ness mirror, so I was a pretty distracted.

I got REKT by the Mii fighter though - my first time playing one. His grabs are amazing. I'll work on your observations and hopefully be able to give a little bit more of a challenge, thanks again for the games!

k_hop

So how does this game handle ragequits for the guy on the other end? I've noticed a few times when I'll be fighting somebody and suddenly the game will stall for a while, and then they'll respawn playing like a bad AI.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Let's play 2 more Professor Beef, need to do something in a few min unfortunately.

Edit: GGs. Sorry to leave so quickly. We'll have to play again.

Aaaaand done!

IMG_7028.jpg

Feels good. <3 The third page of challenges is pretty tough. Wonder how the Wii U version's challenge board(s) will compare...

Only four trophies to go as well, but at this point who knows how long it'll take me to get lucky enough to have them show up in Trophy Rush...

RiggyRob

Played my first decent (i.e. they knew what they were doing) opponent on For Glory yesterday, he was Link and I was Kirby. He kept psyching me out with his bomb, which meant that I would shield and he would immediately grab me, didn't have any answer for it.

Still managed to win by throwing him off the edge and gimping him with D-Air twice
teeth.gif

Intel_89

Am I the only one here that prefers pressing up to jump instead of X/Y?

I'm just curious. Since I was younger back when I got Smash 64 and had smaller hands I never got used to use the C's to jump and it never felt right playing it any other way on any of the other iterations of Smash.

Sora_N

Anyone have tips for All Star on Easy? Lol.

I'm sorta mainly using Dedede but I get wrecked by the time I'm on Mute City. I tried other characters too.

I'm just curious. Since I was younger back when I got Smash 64 and had smaller hands I never got used to use the C's to jump and it never felt right playing it any other way on any of the other iterations of Smash.

I just know I was ok with Tap to Jump and turning it off was also fine for me.

Intel_89

Use DK and spam down-b (Hand Slap) until everyone is dead. It should be more than enough to make it through with ease considering how easy it is to smash people in this All Star mode.

one_kill

I'm sorta mainly using Dedede but I get wrecked by the time I'm on Mute City. I tried other characters too.
Do smash attacks (I mainly use up smash) and run away from time to time

There are also health items on the other side of the portal if your health is high
They do not regenerate so use 'em wisely

Nope. Long-time tap jumper here! I can't use X or Y to jump for the life of me.

Sora_N

Use DK and spam down-b (Hand Slap) until everyone is dead. It should be more than enough to make it through with ease considering how easy it is to smash people in this All Star mode.

Do smash attacks (I mainly use up smash) and run away from time to time

There are also health items on the other side of the portal if your health is high
They do not regenerate so use 'em wisely

Yeah I should just try to play like that, would definitely help.

I was actually thinking of playing as DK since I just got that awesome toy of him yesterday too. :)

Durden77

You know, Smash Run's actually a lot of fun with another person. My friend (who's a bit more of a casual player than I am), caught on to it a lot quicker than expected, and it's been pretty damn entertaining.

The final battle is still too damn random and short though. I get that you just did Smash Run for 5 mins, but some of them should definitely be 2 minutes.

Dr. Buni

Nope. Long-time tap jumper here! I can't use X or Y to jump for the life of me.
Use B or A instead then D:

(I jump with B, jumping with the upper face buttons is so counter intuitive).
So how does this game handle ragequits for the guy on the other end? I've noticed a few times when I'll be fighting somebody and suddenly the game will stall for a while, and then they'll respawn playing like a bad AI.
The rage quitter is replaced by a brain dead CPU.

CassSept

You know, Smash Run's actually a lot of fun with another person. My friend (who's a bit more of a casual player than I am), caught on to it a lot quicker than expected, and it's been pretty damn entertaining.

The final battle is still too damn random and short though. I get that you just did Smash Run for 5 mins, but some of them should definitely be 2 minutes.

Huh, I have to check it out, Smash Run was my greatest disappointment with the game yet.

Hell, no continues in All-Star is a pain though.

Fiktion

Banned

They get banned for 10 minutes every time they leave.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Aaaaand done!

Feels good. <3 The third page of challenges is pretty tough. Wonder how the Wii U version's challenge board(s) will compare...

Only four trophies to go as well, but at this point who knows how long it'll take me to get lucky enough to have them show up in Trophy Rush...
Tell me where you got your hats. It probably doesn't matter, but 181 classics with almost 2000 custom equips is disheartening.

Use B or A instead then D:

(I jump with B, jumping with the upper face buttons is so counter intuitive).

But B is used for special attacks, and A is used for normals/tilts/airs. Anything else is counter-intuitive to me. :p

Tell me where you got your hats. It probably doesn't matter, but 181 classics with almost 2000 custom equips is disheartening.

You mean for the "Obtain all custom outfits, headgear, and special moves" challenge? Screw that, I hammered that sucker. I don't have time for that super-grindy shit at my age. :p

I basically used hammers on the third page to get around all the super-grindy. time-consuming (not necessarily hard) challenges:
- Obtain all custom outfits, headgear, and special moves
- Collect all Smash Run powers
- Place first in Smash Run final battles with all fighters

Didn't use hammers on the first two pages, but when I thought about how much time legitimately doing all of the challenges on the third page would take, I was like NOPE.

Sora_N

I just found out all this time I was playing All Star on Normal...I swear I switched it to Easy. No wonder why it felt harder.

I'm so tired from work so I can't even attempt this tonight. Will deal with it tomorrow, should be no problem.

Top Bottom