• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Crayolan

RANT TIME

I really wish they'd done more with Jigglypuff. I wish they'd given her some kind of new move that would coincide with her new Fairy typing. Like, make her final smash Dazzling Gleam or something... But no, she's the same as she's ever been.

Also, why does Lucario talk? Most Lucarios don't talk, right? I've only heard that one Lucario in the movie talk. Is the Lucario in Smash that same one or something?

RANT TIME OVER

They gave Jigglypuff a passable rest again, which is all anyone ever wanted. Could have done without the Pound nerf, but whatever. It's Game & Watch who really got ignored, he's pretty much exactly the same as in Brawl, which isn't really a good thing. He could've used a buff to all his aerials or a new aerial to replace the role his parachute from melee served.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Fox's voice is still the biggest crime in this game. It's almost an unfair advantage because every time he does his up B I just lose focus and start laughing. FIIIIIYUR

FSLink

Banned
Classic 9.0. Mash the home button on the roulette and mash the A button when it pauses on a wrench icon.

Smash run can also be used (in addition to getting Smash Run powers), but there's more luck involved.

Some people swear by trophy rush, but I've never had a good haul over an extended period of time from that.
7.0 is better since it's much more managable fighting Master Hand/Crazy Hand/Master Core and you still get a decent multiplier bonus.

It's Game & Watch who really got ignored, he's pretty much exactly the same as in Brawl, which isn't really a good thing. He could've used a buff to all his aerials or a new aerial to replace the role his parachute from melee served.
Game and Watch feels a lot worse to me. I mained him in Brawl and he feels so much more sluggish. Turtle is nerfed too.

BUT he did get a few interesting custom moves so I'll have to mess around with them. The all or nothing side B could be brutal if it can be combo'd into reliably.

Tegernako

Banned
I don't feel like Mac is OP, just extremely over used. I was looking through the replays I had saved, of the 23 I had, 21 had Mac in them in a for glory match...

Honestly what grates on my nerves more then anything is move spammers.

Every Charizard User: FWING! FLARE BLITZ!

Every Shulk User: BACK SCRATCH!

Every Sonic User: Neutral B, where he auto targets someone and flies towards them.

Every Bowser Jr. User: Cannon and koopas

Then there is the counter spam...

And you know, none of that is OP either, it's not impossible to win against. It's just annoying as fucking hell. If the user is a Samus or a Mega man, I understand it, it's part of how they play, but when your character has a decent/above average moveset and all you do is spam one attack...well it's annoying.

I feel like quitting every time I see a sonic user because it's so fucking irritating to see the same move spammed the entire match. And you know, they wouldn't do it if it wasn't effective in its own way, which is whats stupid, I thought there was a system to reduce move spam but apparently not.

That being said, seeing Mac/Charizard users go off the cliff is hilarious.

Tegernako

Banned
Why would anyone spam Shulk's backslash.
I don't know. But they do it all the time when I play. All I hear is "BACK SCRACH!" (Yes I know its back slash) and see them literally make their way across the map spamming that move.

I mainly play 2v2 for glory so I guess my problems are highlighted a bit more.

Crayolan

Oil Panic no longer has a momentum cancelling effect, removing Bucket Braking.

Why

Game and Watch feels a lot worse to me. I mained him in Brawl and he feels so much more sluggish. Turtle is nerfed too.

BUT he did get a few interesting custom moves so I'll have to mess around with them. The all or nothing side B could be brutal if it can be combo'd into reliably.

I haven't really got a chance to check his customs, maybe they'll help. The only thing that really stood out was his new walking animation (which is great), everything else seemed pretty much the same, though I think his nair has more knockback on it now. Then again I haven't had much time to play around with him, I've been experimenting with newcomers a lot.

Anyone know that if you choose random for a mode you will always get a character you haven't done it with or you can get someone you already have?

ant1532

Banned
Anyone wanna go? I'm using a friends 3DS. Just got the game tonight. First game I have boughten in 7 years O_O

HERES MT FRIEND CODE
4983 5075 3435

TnK

Any charavter guides for smash out there? I am new to smash and am honestly having a hard time landing proper smash hits. Other than that, dealing damage hasn't been much of an issue.

I have to say though, the controls on the 3DS are not good. Why isn't there an option to use the D-pad vs the analog stick? Pulling off most of anything would be so much easier with the d-pad, and the lack of a C-stick wouldn't hurt as much.

So, is it better to try and understand smash on the Wii U a more smarter option?

Qurupeke

Finishing Classic on 9.0 was far easier than I expected. At first I had trouble with the sword form but if you manage to dodge some of its strong attacks, you can easily defeat it. Generally Master Core is a challenging fight at first but when you know its pattern, it's very easy.

Almost done with the challenges too, but I have stuff like completing Smash Run, Classic, All Star and some other modes with all the characters... This is the only reason I hate that Smash 3DS has so many characters...

Ozium

Lucina is so much better than Marth that I believe Lucina to be the primary character and Marth the clone..

8t1rzi1.gif
Where's that from?

Spinluck

Lucina is so much better than Marth that I believe Lucina to be the primary character and Marth the clone..

I disagree with this.

She is just easier to use.

I feel like the best Marth can beat the best Lucina. His sweet spots are crazy lethal.

random25

I disagree. Marth with a side smash sweet spot can KO well below 90% even against heavy characters (tried one to Dedede). And his Shield Break when sweet spotted can easily destroy shields even without charging. Lucina is simply the easier to use while Marth is more technical.

FSLink

Banned
I disagree. Marth with a side smash sweet spot can KO well below 90% even against heavy characters (tried one to Dedede). And his Shield Break when sweet spotted can easily destroy shields even without charging. Lucina is simply the easier to use while Marth is more technical.

Yeah. there is some value in that Lucina is more "reliable", but someone who can sweet spot well will do well with Marth.

Not sure how I feel about his range nerf (again)....as a Melee Marth main it's hard for me to go back, plus I don't want to throw off my Melee game if I ever go back to it. :p It's why I used Lucas in Brawl instead.

random25

Yeah. there is some value in that Lucina is more "reliable", but someone who can sweet spot well will do well with Marth.

Not sure how I feel about his range nerf (again)....as a Melee Marth main it's hard for me to go back, plus I don't want to throw off my Melee game if I ever go back to it. :p It's why I used Lucas in Brawl instead.

The range nerf really hurts Marth, but overall I think he's still a very viable character in this game, just with a different mindset on how he is used. And I really do enjoy it when a sweet spot smash connects to deliver a comeback KO.

TnK

Any charavter guides for smash out there? I am new to smash and am honestly having a hard time landing proper smash hits. Other than that, dealing damage hasn't been much of an issue.

I have to say though, the controls on the 3DS are not good. Why isn't there an option to use the D-pad vs the analog stick? Pulling off most of anything would be so much easier with the d-pad, and the lack of a C-stick wouldn't hurt as much.

So, is it better to try and understand smash on the Wii U a more smarter option?
Asking this again, thanks.

I don't feel like Mac is OP, just extremely over used. I was looking through the replays I had saved, of the 23 I had, 21 had Mac in them in a for glory match...

Every Sonic User: Neutral B, where he auto targets someone and flies towards them.

And you know, none of that is OP either, it's not impossible to win against. It's just annoying as fucking hell. If the user is a Samus or a Mega man, I understand it, it's part of how they play, but when your character has a decent/above average moveset and all you do is spam one attack...well it's annoying.

I feel like quitting every time I see a sonic user because it's so fucking irritating to see the same move spammed the entire match. And you know, they wouldn't do it if it wasn't effective in its own way, which is whats stupid, I thought there was a system to reduce move spam but apparently not.

If it works, it works. This isn't an action game where style matters.

So I finally went online so time to see my Smash Power levels. Oh yes my 4.3m on homerun contest with Charizard has a power level of 56,370! (I'm never going to play homerun contest with Charizard again) My best power level was Smash Run with 1.4 million (thanks Wario).

I also found out how to see who had not gotten first in Smash Run. The vault. Captain Olimar...should have known...even then it took me 2 runs to actually win with him.

And had no idea Bowser Jr's alt are the Koopa kids?

That's like more characters right there!
Plus Roy is playable.

Classic 9.0. Mash the home button on the roulette and mash the A button when it pauses on a wrench icon.

Smash run can also be used (in addition to getting Smash Run powers), but there's more luck involved.

Some people swear by trophy rush, but I've never had a good haul over an extended period of time from that.
Just hold it instead. If you can just see the next slot you'll get that one.

mStudios

So I finally went online so time to see my Smash Power levels. Oh yes my 4.3m on homerun contest with Charizard has a power level of 56,370! (I'm never going to play homerun contest with Charizard again) My best power level was Smash Run with 1.4 million (thanks Wario).

I also found out how to see who had not gotten first in Smash Run. The vault. Captain Olimar...should have known...even then it took me 2 runs to actually win with him.

Plus Roy is playable.

Just hold it instead. If you can just see the next slot you'll get that one.

How do you see your Matchmaking points /MMR?

Pacman the worst though lol. Anyway im sure my fear will be alleviated with the Wii U version. The 3DS controls are permitting me from doing some things and slowing me down like hell.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Wow, I thought I sucked at BJ, but apparently so does everyone else.
Got a garbage classic score compared to my other 9.0s but still retained a similar GSP.

Added, I'll start a room
That's about all I've got in me for tonight! Thanks for the battles man, I would say 'GG' but we both know that you thoroughly took me to school!! Wow, I have a lot of improving to do. Thanks again, and gaaahhhh! Your Robin is hard to kill.

Top Bottom