• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Me and my friend have been playing against each other. We won some and lost some, but suddenly after I won a row of matches with Greninja he implies that Greninja is cheap. But he isn't, so this is all salt. :/

Raw64life

After 60 hours with the game and never even entering the online section I think I'm ready to give it a shot. I don't imagine I'll last very long as I'm waiting for the Wii U version before I make any kind of serious attempt at being competitive at the game.

Neiteio

IMG_7031.jpg

Last night, it was the Challenges. Today, it's the trophies. Tomorrow... the world.
Quick, what are your top five favorite trophies?

Cedric

So I was browsing Reddit and apparently there's this King of the Hill type stream, where players fight against one another and the one who wins gets to stay on the stream and fight the next participant. You send your friend code and there's a huge queue, sounds like a lot of fun. In case anyone's interested.

I'm getting pretty close to completing this game, 98 challenges done, 590 trophies. Probably can get All Star done tomorrow and then, it will be custom moves as I'm probably using the last hammer on 100 man smash challenge

kunonabi

I'm getting pretty close to completing this game, 98 challenges done, 590 trophies. Probably can get All Star done tomorrow and then, it will be custom moves as I'm probably using the last hammer on 100 man smash challenge

Yeah I'm debating on using my last hammer on the 100 man challenge or the smash run power challenge. 100 is a huge time sink obviously but I hate the random drops in this game too. Not sure if going to go for trophies since trophy rush stopped giving me new ones.

Azuran

Banned
I love spamming Ike in FFA matches and then seeing everyone leave the room after I won 3 in a row with 5+ KOs. There's nothing more satisfying out there than that.

FleenerW

Great matches, first time against a gaffer. Definitely learned a lot about my own tactics being way too easy to read and shield grab. I think I was doing better by the end.
Yeah, good games! I probably shouldn't have picked Link for the final match. I'm reckless with him so that was kind of anti-climactic, haha!

Crayolan

Got to play For Glory for a few hours today and I had a lot of fun matches; learned a lot about Jigglypuff and Shulk. During all my matches I came across one really good Yoshi player, we had like 7 or 8 Yoshi vs. Jigglypuff duels and I lost all of them except for one, which I only won because he accidentally SD'd before my Star KO animation finished. I was coming close to beating him by the end though, compared to our first few matches where he 2-stocked me easily. Yoshi is really good in this game, and those eggs and fucking pain.

Also found a pretty good Ness player; looks like his entire game is based around grabs, so now I'll know what to watch out for with future Ness-es.

Maybe next time my roommate lets me borrow his copy of the game again I'll play some gaffers.

IMG_7031.jpg

Last night, it was the Challenges. Today, it's the trophies. Tomorrow... the world.

Nah, I found it to be pretty easy, almost like an eventuality. A healthy combination of playing Trophy Rush, visiting the shop often, beating Classic and All-Star with various characters, playing Trophy Rush, and playing Trophy Rush will get you there. Seriously, I wouldn't waste a hammer on that one. That's just one of those ones you'll eventually get by playing the game; it doesn't take too much actual effort.

You could say the game about the "collect everything" challenges, too, but outfits/headgear/custom specials/Powers are a lot harder to collect reliably and en masse than trophies.

Congrats Ash! I remember you telling me you were almost done! What does the game tell you when you finish all the challenges? Still working on the third board.

Good games Jr! We sure ran the gambit with characters there, hah hah. Is Pac Man your main? Both him and your Greninja were particularly good!

Thanks for the games!

Jrs3000

Good games Jr! We sure ran the gambit with characters there, hah hah. Is Pac Man your main? Both him and your Greninja were particularly good!

Thanks for the games!

GGs. Yeah pac and greninja are my main 2, working on perfecting their stile. I was just messing with everybody else seeing what they can do. I think i'll give diddy a go he has some good moves. Mega yours? You had him down pack.

Top Bottom