• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Mendrox

LOL I love kicking peoples asses with Palutena. She seems weak at first, but if you get the hang with her she can be a beast. Her neutral b should be buffed and I would be okay with everything. Hoping for a goodsmile company figure of her and I also hope that Nintendo will release her Amiibo figure soon.

zogged

Has anyone been able to play an online game with friends? I've been trying for the last half hour or so and keep getting the same error barely with barely anything online to help solve it

Just started playing online for glory. Aside from the frequently choppy connection, things have been fun. I play mostly Megaman and I got a long series against a Mac this morning - Lost way more than I won, but it taught me some good strategies. I'm confident with a controller that I could win in a Mega v Mac match.

aka how I learned to love Megaman's side B and aerial game

rugioh

Banned
Just started playing online for glory. Aside from the frequently choppy connection, things have been fun. I play mostly Megaman and I got a long series against a Mac this morning - Lost way more than I won, but it taught me some good strategies. I'm confident with a controller that I could win in a Mega v Mac match.

aka how I learned to love Megaman's side B and aerial game

Maybe try this, I've had all shit connections since I bought the game and it may be because I was playing my 3ds off charger.

http://smashboards.com/threads/redu...to-take-my-matches-from-crap-to-great.373629/

Also my phone is right next to me connected to wifi so I'll try turning it off and see if that helps.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
IMG_7031.jpg

Last night, it was the Challenges. Today, it's the trophies. Tomorrow... the world.

Not bad.

I did it earlier, though ;)

Dr.Hadji

the hell? what is he doing to pull that up?

He doing that new perfect pivot tech. Dash and on the first frame of the dash hit the other direction and you get what you see in that vine. Kind of tricky at first, but I can get it fairly consistently with my C. Falcon. The real hard part are working it into a meaning strat.

emb

He doing that new perfect pivot tech. Dash and on the first frame of the dash hit the other direction and you get what you see in that vine. Kind of tricky at first, but I can get it fairly consistently with my C. Falcon. The real hard part are working it into a meaning strat.
So with a perfect pivot, we're able to do anything out of the turn around? (Looks like he's doing jab in the video?)

Seems like it'll be fun to try doing, but ultimately less useful than the standard pivot ftilts/grabs.

Dr.Hadji

So with a perfect pivot, we're able to do anything out of the turn around? (Looks like he's doing jab in the video?)

Seems like it'll be fun to try doing, but ultimately less useful than the standard pivot ftilts/grabs.

If you do it correctly, you can do anything from a perfect pivot that you'd be able to do from a neutral position. As for the usefulness of the tech, it remains to be seen. But at the minimum you get a finer and measure of control over your movement. But when you add perfect pivot to fox trotting, dash dashing and extended dash dashing then I think you have something at might be a great deal more useful and just the normal pivot options.

Right now I'm working on buffering a Lil' Mac d-tilt into a back dash, when he d-tilt animation runs out I cancel the bash dash into a perfect pivot. From there I make one of two reads of my opponent. 1. If he stays put, apply more pressure with d-tilts and jabs. 3. If he jumps away, convert the perfect pivot into a fox trot froward (chasing the foe). On approimate landing site of the opponents dash dance (so you don't have to commit to a side before you know where he'll land) and when the moment comes, perfect pivot f-filt to move myself out of whatever attack the opponent might land with while always attacking at the spot. It's fairly hard, I only have the first part down.

Nooot Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff needs to get in, and the slightest mistake in spacing can be a game ender against Mac. Mac can afford hits as long as he doesn't get off stage.

A patient Mac is probably Puff's worst nightmare.

Wiz

For some reason I play horribly whenever I'm up against Rosalina. Doesn't really matter the skill level of the player either as long as they know what they're doing, I get wrecked.

Any basic strategies against her?

Valus

Nooot Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff needs to get in, and the slightest mistake in spacing can be a game ender against Mac. Mac can afford hits as long as he doesn't get off stage.

A patient Mac is probably Puff's worst nightmare.

I'd say the opposite. A patient Jigglypuff is Little Mac's worst nightmare. All it takes is a single back throw from the stage edge to shut him down.

For some reason I play horribly whenever I'm up against Rosalina. Doesn't really matter the skill level of the player either as long as they know what they're doing, I get wrecked.

Any basic strategies against her?

Well she's considered top tier right now for a reason. I tend to approach with quick attacks and poke away. All her moves are predictable, so as long as you keep your cool you'll pretty much see them all coming. Luma is a bit overrated imo. As long as you keep the pressure on Rosalina, most of them will practically forget Luma exists and just treat her like any other character. I usually use Falcon against her.

The game is early enough that if you are having problems against a certain character, chances are it's because of something with your play style that is ineffective, rather than an impossible matchup. Objectively analyze what you are doing wrong, and find ways to fix it.

Top Bottom