• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Lately, I've been noticing that CPU Diddy absolutely loves self destructing when he has rely on his up B.

Especially on the FD version of Flat Zone 2.

Serrato

Just reps really. When a projectile is coming towards you, don't shield until it is about to help you. Eventually, practice power shielding while running towards the opponent.

Ok! Thanks, i'll try to do that. I will probably take most of them in the face, but whatever :)

I don't think that is true. Just tested it in Training mode. Brought all books down to the point where they started blinking and used down taunt like 40 times. Still kept my books.

Well the sequence of events for me was: special move, opponent died, taunt, threw book away. I don't believe tossing a book is part of the taunt, and usually when a special move drains it the book is immediately tossed, right? There was a several second gap between using the move and me taunting, so I dunno what happened. All I know is I for sure lost my book.

ProphessorX

Neo Member
Man the counters have been buffed. This Shulk was cheesing them against my Ganondorf. Also backslash has deceptively long range and me running pivoting to do Ganon's bair while going forward just gave like 6 more damage to that move (backslash does more damage to the back).

My strategy is to drag the fight to the edge so that backslashes might send them off the stage.

That and counter their counters with Ganon's sideb grab into dtilt.

That's sad. I just played a Mega Man in For Glory. Early in the match, I accidentally SD'd, so for the second stock, I continuously used Double Team, and he kept hitting me. Didn't even try a grab. I maybe did 7 DTs, Aura Sphere, another Aura Sphere to kill, then more DTs for his second stock, a couple of Aura Sphere's and DT for the kill.

I quit after that because... just...

Beats

Does power shielding have a sound effect when you pull it off? If I remember correctly Brawl had one when you did it.

Revven

That's sad. I just played a Mega Man in For Glory. Early in the match, I accidentally SD'd, so for the second stock, I continuously used Double Team, and he kept hitting me. Didn't even try a grab. I maybe did 7 DTs, Aura Sphere, another Aura Sphere to kill, then more DTs for his second stock, a couple of Aura Sphere's and DT for the kill.

I quit after that because... just...

How do people fall for that? HOW? I don't understand...

I mean, you shouldn't feel bad because you should be doing whatever you can to win and if something works you shouldn't stop doing it until he figures out how to beat it. But I mean... how does someone not know what to do about a counter? (Unless they're a really young kid, I just don't see how someone can't at least figure out to use a grab instead of an attack or to wait for the counter to end to punish it).

Does power shielding have a sound effect when you pull it off? If I remember correctly Brawl had one when you did it.

There is one, but it's barely different from the default shield hit sounds. Not sure if it's a sound effect choice because of the 3DS speakers, it sounds bad because it's the 3DS speakers, or if they made a poor sound cue choice. :/

One way you can tell you powershielded is the graphical effect, it's like a little spark and you should be able to act instantly out of your shield. SFX isn't really that great to know you did it in this game unfortunately.

Man the counters have been buffed. This Shulk was cheesing them against my Ganondorf. Also backslash has deceptively long range and me running pivoting to do Ganon's bair while going forward just gave like 6 more damage to that move (backslash does more damage to the back).

My strategy is to drag the fight to the edge so that backslashes might send them off the stage.

That and counter their counters with Ganon's sideb grab into dtilt.

yea shulk without a doubt has the best counter. greninja has the worst imo, takes far too long to counter after its been triggered. too many characters got counters tho, at this point it should just be a mechanic.

Boogiepop

Finally done the challenges! Got
Trophies right now, am I right that there should only be two left? Also, is a trophy run that gives me 30-35 Trophies/Parts good? That's my general "good" run (of course completing characters has me switching more than I'd like), occasionally dipping as low as 20. Also, any quick way to cycle the shop? Haven't gotten anything from there in like 2 days, but still...

Either way, think I'll take a more relaxed approach to grabbing those and finishing off the game's single player completely.

ProphessorX

Neo Member
yea shulk without a doubt has the best counter. greninja has the worst imo, takes far too long to counter after its been triggered. too many characters got counters tho, at this point it should just be a mechanic.

Does it matter how long it takes though? Can you dodge Greninja's anyways?

I find my problem is that they will (legtimately) do it while descending or smartly trying to recover and I'm used to diving in with aerials. So I had to be way more patient with Ganon and just break up the flow and get hits where I could. Some use counter very sneakily and some just spam it. That much is clear when you start walking or running into shield to bait them.

Side note: Ganon's down+b from the air can bounce people if they're airborne and near the ground? That's awesome.

There are enough characters with counters that when I'm playing with one of my non-counter mains and get into a situation where I can normally punish with a counter, I'm momentarily flabbergasted because I don't have that option and need to rethink my strategy. It's really weird.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I have been trying to figure out why Robin's nose and partially of his face reminded me of someone for awhile. Now I just remembered.

MRYB9Tc.png

entremet

What's the best way to learn advanced strategy?

Is there a strategy guide.

I'm pretty decent, but I want to get better.

Stylo

What's the best way to learn advanced strategy?

Is there a strategy guide.

I'm pretty decent, but I want to get better.

Smashboards. They have general competitive discussion as well as character dedicated boards. That's pretty much the current database for advanced info. However, there are things that are more important than "advanced strategies" such as fundamentals. Those will carry you further.

Sorry about that! I'm assuming my brother messed with the settings and I can't see the percentage at all?

I'll be back after I change it.

EDIT: Yep. lol

woodland

Can't find the P:M thread?

Anyway, finally got P:M working on my laptop and a PC, so if anyone wants to do some Dolphin netplay hit me up with a pm. Granted, I haven't really played since May and was never that great before that since I've never owned a Nintendo console.

Still, looking for some people pretty chill to play with.

Beats

Can't find the P:M thread?

Anyway, finally got P:M working on my laptop and a PC, so if anyone wants to do some Dolphin netplay hit me up with a pm. Granted, I haven't really played since May and was never that great before that since I've never owned a Nintendo console.

Still, looking for some people pretty chill to play with.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=727435

I'd play, but I haven't bothered to set it up on my pc yet.

Top Bottom