• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Reminder:

ceriop.png

I made a post about this earlier (which you should read if you're part of this tournament as it has info about the tournament), but for those that missed it, I have a reminder. PM me and let me know you still plan on taking part in the tournament and will be prepared for your first match this Monday. If I don't hear from you before the end of Monday, you will be disqualified.

Also, regarding the issue of lag, I think my solution will be that all players must undergo a "Lag Test" match before playing. That is to say, just fuck around on stage for 30 seconds or so to make sure there is no unbearable lag occurring. If there is, the two of you can choose to schedule for another time in hopes of less lag or contact me to see what to do going forward.

Anyway, PM please! And, if you're unsure on the ruleset, check out my original post on the matter.

levyjl1988

Banned
Just came back from Super Smash Club in Dwontown Toronto.

Here is the swag my bro and I got:

The Lag was real.

I personally found it very difficult to play a match. There were like 70+ people in the event.
I spent most of time collecting streetpasses, and doing Street Smash.
There was lag everywhere when you played locally. So that's what happens when you gather a lot of people to play Smash Bros locally wirelessly.

Nintendo set up kiosks with the game, no unlocked characters and no cutomized controls, nearly everyone had a 3DS but it would be a pain to set up private matches. Win a 4v4 match and you earn yourself a Smash Bros bag. Dog tags were given to everyone.

Just came back from Super Smash Club in Dwontown Toronto.

Here is the swag my bro and I got:

The Lag was real.

I personally found it very difficult to play a match. There were like 70+ people in the event.
I spent most of time collecting streetpasses, and doing Street Smash.
There was lag everywhere when you played locally. So that's what happens when you gather a lot of people to play Smash Bros locally wirelessly.

Nintendo set up kiosks with the game, no unlocked characters and no cutomized controls, nearly everyone had a 3DS but it would be a pain to set up private matches. Win a 4v4 match and you earn yourself a Smash Bros bag. Dog tags were given to everyone.

Those bags...argh, I'm so freaking jealous. I wish I got to go. I hate you. :(

levyjl1988

Banned
Those bags...argh, I'm so freaking jealous. I wish I got to go. I hate you. :(

I saw one other person who got a Smash Bros branded towel. Not sure how though, oh well. I stayed there for a couple of hours and left. The best part of the day was when I went and got Hero Burger before going home.

Cedric

I hope it's not me if so I'm sorry man, kinda confused what to do with Rosa xD

I don't think so, I remember last time we played no lag though! Seems to be a lil bit better than before though!

also I hate Diddy's side B with a passion haha, you really destroyed me on that last game!

i thought that was an incredibly productive final match personally

Hah hah. I'm glad we could settle our differences amicably!

But seriously, great games! Every character you picked was a huge threat, and you played all of them incredibly well. I really hope you make it into the tournament!

Either way though, we'll have to play again in the future!

Finished the Challenge board and finally got all 685 trophies!

Now all I need are 64 more custom moves (sitting at 312 at the moment) and I'll never have to touch single-player again. Yay!

Corgi

Banned
Am I crazy, but after playing 3ds and getting used to button layout, I think I'll probably do ok with gamepad or pro controller on wii u. It's mostly the slide pad that's handicapping me on 3ds anyhow.

For Palutena I just realized some of the moves from the trailer and the tips about some of her attacks are only available via customization =/ For the longest time I was trying to figure out how to hover and use light speed.

Top Bottom