• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

RomanceDawn

What do you think of his ground up B?

Oh right I forgot. That move is actually much better this time around. In Brawl I used it exactly the way it's used now only it has decent knock back and traps rollers pretty well. The only downside is the pose at the end. We can no longer connect down smash or tilts to it.

On the ground approaching with that or his new dash isn't so bad. Just not super great. It takes a little prediction for both.

It's the mid air approaches especially if you got launched super high which make coming back as DK tricky.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I am still miffed there is no Pushmo stage/trophy :(
Mallo for Smash 6!

Finally looking to getting my ass kicked online by GAFers. Friend code is 2578-3128-0643. My father streams video almost all day, so if the lag is too strong I might wait until he does something else or try to have him stop for some time. Our download speed is already not very fast.

DaBoss

Man, I never realized just how slow Dr. Mario is compared to Mario in Smash 4. It was like Mario was carrying weights. The difference is night and day.

Anyways, For Glory is pretty boring. Anyone want to play?
I am confused, wasn't there supposed to be a retro-styled Pilotwings stage in the 3DS version? Or was that in the Wii U version?
Pilotwings stage is on Wii U and has the SNES and 3DS Pilotwings locations.

Beats

Man, I never realized just how slow Dr. Mario is compared to Mario in Smash 4. It was like Mario was carrying weights. The difference is night and day.

Anyways, For Glory is pretty boring. Anyone want to play?

Pilotwings stage is on Wii U and has the SNES and 3DS Pilotwings locations.

I'll play.

ec0ec0

Doing runs of the boring classic mode on 9 difficulty to get custom moves. You play all levels carefully, avoiding ALL (and its a lot) the cheap stuff that can easily kill you. Also, you do the home button trick before every stage. Result screen after beating classic mode...

you got the same custom move 4 times. Repeat. Sakurai... SAKURAI!!

edit: also, its extremely hard to get the last custom move for any character. You always get the ones that you already have instead. I cant...

Revven

Cancelling air dodging lag.............?

-_-

Seems like they forgot another check to the air dodge landing lag, aka they didn't consider the idea of players buffering into a grounded attack to interrupt the landing lag. Hell, why is the landing lag even interruptable in the first place?

The more I play Donkey Kong the more I wish that he would've gotten a Bowser-like overhaul. Some of his changes are nice, but other times I'm cursing the game for his terrible air game (bair aside) and high lag on attacks.

Tell me about it, in this iteration of smash I also tend to have issues sometimes actually finishing opponents off with him despite a decent selection of high knockback moves and spikes, still my most used character and it's not that I dislike playing as him but something really is missing to me this time around.
I was facing a friends custom kirby with the burying stone earlier and I swear its grounding effect was noticeably superior to Kong's headbutt, such sadness.

kunonabi

Doing runs of the boring classic mode on 9 difficulty to get custom moves. You play all levels carefully, avoiding ALL (and its a lot) the cheap stuff that can easily kill you. Also, you do the home button trick before every stage. Result screen after beating classic mode...

you got the same custom move 4 times. Repeat. Sakurai... SAKURAI!!

edit: also, its extremely hard to get the last custom move for any character. You always get the ones that you already have instead. I cant...

Yeah, its bullshit. I stick with 7.9 so that I don't have to deal with crazy hand. It just isn't worth the risk because one death and there goes the few new moves you earned because somehow the game always knows to take those and not the dozens of other worthless crap you picked up. The game is such a chore. I'm honestly never touching it again after I finish getting everything.

Gartooth

Oh right I forgot. That move is actually much better this time around. In Brawl I used it exactly the way it's used now only it has decent knock back and traps rollers pretty well. The only downside is the pose at the end. We can no longer connect down smash or tilts to it.

On the ground approaching with that or his new dash isn't so bad. Just not super great. It takes a little prediction for both.

It's the mid air approaches especially if you got launched super high which make coming back as DK tricky.

Yeah, I haven't made much use of the up B on the ground due to that ending lag you described. Trying to recover after being launched / juggled is definitely the worst part of playing DK though.

Tell me about it, in this iteration of smash I also tend to have issues sometimes actually finishing opponents off with him despite a decent selection of high knockback moves and spikes, still my most used character and it's not that I dislike playing as him but something really is missing to me this time around.
I was facing a friends custom kirby with the burying stone earlier and I swear its grounding effect was noticeably superior to Kong's headbutt, such sadness.

The headbutt is one of those moves in Smash that I wish was much more applicable than it actually is. I was completely shocked about what they did to his charge punch. I wouldn't be as annoyed with the wind up time if it didn't lessen in strength over time after rolling or cancelling.

Gilby

Mallo for Smash 6!

Finally looking to getting my ass kicked online by GAFers. Friend code is 2578-3128-0643. My father streams video almost all day, so if the lag is too strong I might wait until he does something else or try to have him stop for some time. Our download speed is already not very fast.

No! Mallo DLC for Smash 4!

I've been yelling for Mallo for a while now, it just makes too much sense:
He's a sumo wrestler, so designing some fighting moves for him should be easy (he could be a small-heavy character). And a pushmo stage would be rad!

ec0ec0

Yeah, its bullshit. I stick with 7.9 so that I don't have to deal with crazy hand. It just isn't worth the risk because one death and there goes the few new moves you earned because somehow the game always knows to take those and not the dozens of other worthless crap you picked up. The game is such a chore. I'm honestly never touching it again after I finish getting everything.

What i cant undertand is how its possible that this remained unchanged after testing/supervising.

talking about testing your game haha

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Is there anything better than beating someone's main, then choosing his main in the next round, and beating your opponent again, with his own main?

So many rage-quits. So delicious.

Beats

Peach's Sleepy Toad custom special is really good, but I'm so bad at timing counters. `-`

Ahh, that's a shame. GGs.

You really like them slow-moving hard-hitting custom projectiles don't you. :p

GGs. : ]

Yeah! I was surprised at how much damage those custom turnips do. The longer pull isn't too much of a problem for me also. Also, are you looking for a new character to main or did you just feel like playing a bunch of different characters?

Is anyone feeling a little uneasy about the Wii U release in regard to progress transfer? There's so much to do in the 3DS version, but I know I'll probably never play it once the home console version comes out. Will it all be for nothing? Should I even bother spending all this time with the Challenge Board?

Top Bottom