• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

TheOGB

Banned
Haha, tried to jump but ended up falling right into that dropkick!

Aww, and I can't save any more replays :(

edit: Holy shit, dat Falcon!

I'm so bad at reading Dedede for whatever reason. You'd think he'd be one of the easier characters for me.
I find Dedede a nightmare to fight XD
I can deal with his Gordos but if he just focusses on throws he's terrifying to deal with. Luckily most of them follow up fairly predictably with the hammer, which can be air-dodged, but it can be surprisingly hard to hit him if he goes full grab mode :p

TheOGB

Banned
Oh, was that the last match for you? You left the room.
I'm actually not sure what's happening atm. At first I was alone, then it said I was unable to join your room, so I deleted some replays and now I'm back online.

Yeah, there we go.

DaBoss

Hey DaBoss, gotta run, sorry! Great games! Out of curiosity, who is your main? Haha, I'm used to people sticking to a rotation of characters.
GGs. Though my hands are too cold to consider them good for me lol. (freaking Canada...)

My best characters are probably Mario, Mega Man, and Sheik. I prefer using random now.

TheOGB

Banned
I feel like I've lost one stock due to a split-second control fuckup in every match, lol. Except that one. Good games Makai!

I wonder how often I'll play this once the Wii U version comes out.

Probably only when I'm on vacation.
I didn't think I'd play it much when the Wii-U version comes out anyhoo, but all the 3DS sliders breaking just fills me with too much paranoia to even entertain what little possibility remained ^.^;

jackal27

Banned
Thanks for the Little Mac strats guys! I main Toon Link and he seems to work pretty well for Mac now that my edge is starting to get better. Toon's back throw is God tier and of course his projectiles can get it. I wish his Smashes had a bit more reach and that his air smashes hadn't been nerfed from Brawl though.

There are no anti-Rosalina strats.

Kappa

Yeah, this is kind of my problem honestly, haha. She seems pretty damn broken. Her defense is almost unbreakable and her reach is insane with Luma. In my opinion, Luma needs to be a lot easy to defeat. Even her game without Luma is dangerous.

Anybody else have an strats for her?

I fought a Rosalina today. Advice:

1) Don't hesitate to beat on the Luma if she sends him far out. It's not like he can beat you 1v1.

2) Remember that recalling Luma takes an action. Dive in.

3) Use piercing attacks to get both of them.

4) Take it slow and play defensively. Rosalina isn't going to break your armor, and she is good at space control, not pressure.

5) Don't throw if Luma is around, since Luma can break the through (grrr).

6) When Luma dies, go in hard on Rosalina.

7) Her attacks don't have a lot of range. Luma is her range.

8) Her attacks all have weird animations. Play Rosalina to get used to when things hit. Otherwise she feels a bit confusing to fight against.

I don't have a 9) and 10). :-(

Met the most annoying Samus player online, basically spammed the charge for the whole match.
"Charge"? Do you mean her B, or her dash attack?

Only played the demo, will get Wii U version. Question though so far, does Captain Falcon seem any better in this than he was in Brawl? He was pretty garbage in that.

Only played the demo, will get Wii U version. Question though so far, does Captain Falcon seem any better in this than he was in Brawl? He was pretty garbage in that.
One of the fastest characters in the game, and he hits crazy hard. I want to smack anyone who says he isn't good in this game upside the head for being so awful.

Falawful

Thanks for the Little Mac strats guys! I main Toon Link and he seems to work pretty well for Mac now that my edge is starting to get better. Toon's back throw is God tier and of course his projectiles can get it. I wish his Smashes had a bit more reach and that his air smashes hadn't been nerfed from Brawl though.

Yeah, this is kind of my problem honestly, haha. She seems pretty damn broken. Her defense is almost unbreakable and her reach is insane with Luma. In my opinion, Luma needs to be a lot easy to defeat. Even her game without Luma is dangerous.

Anybody else have an strats for her?

This doesn't do much to help, but since you're asking: I lost several rounds to a great Rosa player in FG awhile back, using my mains, even. On a whim I switched to Bowser Jr.

What I found is that all my troubles with Luma went away because the cannonball beats out him being fired at you, and a fully- charged cannonball is a great response to a player who is charging up Luma because it will bash Luma in the face and then keep going to hit Rosa as well. In addition, her rolls are particularly hard to punish which can be a problem for someone who likes to roll all over the place...but Jr has several long-lasting moves that can punish that strategy (Dtilt, Fsmash, Dair) and combining those with smartly taking out Luma beforehand might give you a fighting chance.

I think it's actually a good idea to let the Rosa player separate themselves from Luma so that you don't have a situation like Ice Climbers, where if you manage to hit/punish one of the characters, the other one if nearby can retaliate.

But yeah, none of that is a sure guarantee or anything and if you're up against someone who knows what they're doing, your only option is to outsmart them as much as you can. She's just very dangerous all around and it's going to take time before people figure out how to counter her better.

EDIT:

One of the fastest characters in the game, and he hits crazy hard. I want to smack anyone who says he isn't good in this game upside the head for being so awful.

THIS. He is much better here than he was in Brawl. As a matter of fact, this is the first time in the series that he turned out to be one of my mains. So fun to play.

The phrase I'M REALLY FEELING IT! just seemed to be a funny quip at first.

But after surviving at 218% with shield Shulk and 2 stocking a rushdown Sheik, I'm actually starting to believe.

Saro

Does anyone have tips on how/when I should use Shulk's backslash(side-b). I'm coming up short on ideas.

Edit: ^^

Yup Shulk's arts are great!

Top Bottom