• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Azure J

Nintendo needs to add a msg system in their systems, would be more convenient than coming on GAF if anyone wants to play. Anyways feel free to add me Spin and I'll add you so we can 1v1 later. 4484-8403-8566

I can only hope that Smash U has Mario Kart 8 level of functionality at the least. I never realized how much I hated friend codes before reorganizing and running around asking folks for it just to play some 1v1.

Corgi

Banned
is there no way to get more custom stuff from playing mp, or is it only sp stuff?

Is it just me or is Dr. Mario pretty shit? Default loadout has one of the worst recovery available.

Shame, loved him in melee :(

Revven

is there no way to get more custom stuff from playing mp, or is it only sp stuff?

Is it just me or is Dr. Mario pretty shit? Default loadout has one of the worst recovery available.

Nahh dude, Doc is good. I use him a lot. His recovery is less than adequate because of the 3DS (it's hard to mash tornado). It'll be better with an actual controller.

Cranzor

Nahh dude, Doc is good. I use him a lot. His recovery is less than adequate because of the 3DS (it's hard to mash tornado). It'll be better with an actual controller.

I'm excited to see what changes when people are able to play with controllers (and of course I'm excited to play with a controller myself!).

Falawful

He's much slower than Mario now, probably hits harder though I haven't tested that or anything. But yeah I much prefer the plumber to the doc.

TWILT

Banned
Good games AnkiRendan. I'd play some more, but I just realized I have some errands to attend to. We should definitely play some more later though.

Your Toon Link is really good! The best I've played so far (though I haven't played many lol). Lucario at really high percentages is freaking scary; KOed me at only about 70%, eesh.

Any tips on how to use Shulk's backslash(side-b)?

I asked earlier in the thread but got no reply.

I pretty much only use it as a punish tool; it's a pretty situational move. It's a pretty good punish tool though. Do not use it as a way to recover; Shulk doesn't grab the ledge while using it.

Shoot, Anki, I hate to cut it short, but two more matches and then I gotta go.

That's too bad :( But good games! Your Shulk and Greninja are so freaking good! I have no idea what to do against them. XD I really have to play you more, especially since I recall you being in Toronto while I'm in Brampton!

I should work on practicing with those customs too, heh. =_=;

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I was looking for Duck Hunt wallpaper for my laptop but I found some fan arts that people might want to see here.

smash_art___she_s_a_rocket_jumper_by_jamesmantheregenold-d82y92y.png

zero_suit_duck_hunt_dog_by_lightyearpig-d82yja9.png

Falawful

Excellent games, biggkidd! I had to switch to Yoshi just to take out yours haha. Looks like we're pretty evenly matched overall, which is always the best type of opponent. Let's play again soon.

maybe in the tournament if oh say 15 people drop out

Excellent games, biggkidd! I had to switch to Yoshi just to take out yours haha. Looks like we're pretty evenly matched overall, which is always the best type of opponent. Let's play again soon.

maybe in the tournament if oh say 15 people drop out

Yeah those were pretty even. I really need to work on mirror matches to not embarrass myself like that again.

Valus

Any tips on how to use Shulk's backslash(side-b)?

I asked earlier in the thread but got no reply.

With speed boost, I use it to dash behind my foes and hit them hard with it from behind. I also use it to short hop over certain projectiles to punish people who don't expect it. That's about it.

Just had this fun glitch happen to me when playing online earlier. Made a GIF of it.

https://gfycat.com/MintyGlitteringHeterodontosaurus

Little Mac breaks my shield/insta-KOs me with a standard side smash @ 0%. Hopefully Nintendo fixes this up.

I don't see the glitch. Jiggly always dies when her shield is broken, regardless of %.

Played a really good Game and Watch in For Glory. He kicked my ass repeatedly. Then I figured out what to do and two-stocked him repeatedly. Then we evened out a little. He switched to Duck Hunt Dog for the last match, which I won in Sudden Death. Extremespeed goes exactly as far as you need to hit someone in Sudden Death, lol. It's perfect.

Item Box

this game has the weirdest matchmaking system.

If I get matched with someone from a different region, I will continue to get matched with people from that same region until I leave the session. Was wondering why I kept going against people from japan one after another.

I don't see how hard it would have been to add a couple more settings regarding matchmaking, especially if you want to ensure a good connection.

With that said, the quality of my matches have been a coin toss, regardless of location. Matches from the other side of the world can be just as good as regional, and vice versa.

Dat Bowser stronk, Pinko.

image.php

Falawful

With that said, the quality of my matches have been a coin toss, regardless of location. Matches from the other side of the world can be just as good as regional, and vice versa.
Yeah, there's not really any pattern when it comes to connections with randoms.

I have to say though, that so far there is a definite pattern while playing gaffers. Everyone I've played so far has been 99% lag-free. <3

I found myself reacting very differently whenever I lost a match to someone here than in a lagfest against a Link who has no idea he can do more than dash attack and boomerang.

Top Bottom