• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Final reminder for this thread:

ceriop.png

I posted about this yesterday a couple of times, but this will be the last post regarding it in this thread. Please PM me if you are taking part in the tournament starting tomorrow morning. Most of you already have, which is great, but I'd love to get everyone confirmed before the tournament starts in full. If I don't receive one by the end of the day tomorrow, you will be disqualified.

For info on the rules of the tourney, please check this post. For more general guidelines I posted yesterday, please also check this one out. I will make a new thread for the tournament tomorrow and with it will reveal the brackets for the first round. Looking forward to getting this going!

Also, I'm about to head to work and will be there doing an overnight, so if you PM and I don't respond, don't worry! I will get to it when I get home.

jackal27

Banned

ceriop.png

I posted about this yesterday a couple of times, but this will be the last post regarding it in this thread. Please PM me if you are taking part in the tournament starting tomorrow morning. Most of you already have, which is great, but I'd love to get everyone confirmed before the tournament starts in full. If I don't receive one by the end of the day tomorrow, you will be disqualified.

For info on the rules of the tourney, please check this post. For more general guidelines I posted yesterday, please also check this one out. I will make a new thread for the tournament tomorrow and with it will reveal the brackets for the first round. Looking forward to getting this going!

Also, I'm about to head to work and will be there doing an overnight, so if you PM and I don't respond, don't worry! I will get to it when I get home.

Aw man, this sounds fun, but I'm too afraid of embarrassing myself to participate haha.

jackal27

Banned
Her b.

Nope, name began with an A I think, sucks to think more users play like that!

I thought you'd say "both" because this dude was all shoulder and b charge. He had some solid strategies in places though. I destroyed him the first round so I'm not sure what happened.

SaikyoBro

Apologies if this has been beaten to death without my knowledge but I have a few questions about some awkward changes to the AT roster.

First, Isaac and to a lesser extent Ray. To me these two characters stand out as the assist trophies from Brawl that represent the most prominent unrepresented series at the time (barring Little Mac who's now playable). What happened to them? Characters equally or much moreso obscure like the Devil from Devil World, Dr. Wright, or Saki return. It's possible they'll be on the Wii U version I guess but I can't really imagine a reason, and I remember a friend telling me Isaac's voice actor is credited. So what's going on? I don't want to jump to some kind of on-disc DLC conclusions since that sounds very unlikely to me with characters like Robin/Shulk seemingly covering any ground Isaac would, but it's very awkward to me he's not acknowledged whatsoever.

I also would like to know what's happening with Barbara the Bat. Why does she still have a trophy if she's not even an Assist Trophy anymore? Not only that, one of the 60 pieces of headgear is her hat. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of the other options besides Waluigi are inspired by assist trophies. Is this some kind of iconic, beloved character overseas or something? And if that's the case, well... what happened to her AT?

Just some very weird happenings with the assist selection, wondering if anyone knows anything that I don't.

Cody_D165

Banned
ouch hahaha I literally tried to spike on the first stock so I thought you died

whoops

Good games. I need to work on not getting hit by Lucina/Marth dsmash lol

ouch hahaha I literally tried to spike on the first stock so I thought you died

whoops

Good games. I need to work on not getting hit by Lucina/Marth dsmash lol
Yeah, she's got quite the range with that.

Great games! I would totally play for way longer, but I gotta go to work. Definitely need a rematch.

Aw man, this sounds fun, but I'm too afraid of embarrassing myself to participate haha.
Ah, I'm sure you'd do fine! When we have the next one, you should definitely join.

NotLiquid

ceriop.png

Hey Oric, if we're on the reserve do we still need to PM you?

Hey Oric, if we're on the reserve do we still need to PM you?
Nah, you're good. I'll start going down the list and PMing you guys if we have some no shows.

Has this been posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmDkNkNPWYY

It's a new advanced technique where you're able to cancel a short hop air dodge right before you land in order to remove the landing lag. Been messing around with it in training mode with Falco and it's pretty awesome.
I can't remember who posted it, but yeah, that's a pretty big game changer for some characters. Bowser just got a lot scarier.

Revven

I TOO HAVE FOUGHT THIS ANNOYING SAM

Either that or there are several annoying Sams. D:

I, too, have faced a Sam. However, I think the name you see goes off of their Mii so if you see someone with a "common" name it's likely not their NNID but their Mii their NNID is attached to or whatever.

But I def. faced a Sam who used Samus. I wonder if it is the same person or not because he was definitely pretty annoying to hit (due in part to the connection and generally his playstyle).

Falawful

Has this been posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmDkNkNPWYY

It's a new advanced technique where you're able to cancel a short hop air dodge right before you land in order to remove the landing lag. Been messing around with it in training mode with Falco and it's pretty awesome.

I love how this works wonders for Falcon and especially Bowser.

Can't seem to get it to work on Megaman though. Timing must just be THAT strict lol.

DaBoss

Why is my friend's character healing itself as we fight? There are no custom sets on.
Wii Fit Trainer, Ness, or Robin have moves that can heal themselves, but I doubt that is what you're talking about.

Some equipment allows you to gradually heal yourself, but you would need customization enabled to do that, so you probably do have customization enabled.

Zero Suit Samus players are just the most boring to fight against, blugh. They're worse than Links or Samuses

Speaking of which...

What is everyone's most annoying character to fight? Top 5, in order.

I'd have to say...

1. Link - at least a good link that knows how to manage bow/boomerang and bombs properly. .
2. Samus - projectile spam gets on my nerves. Mostly because she can do it better.
3. Ness - the spacing and grabs(and priority on his attacks) almost make me rage quit. Almost
4. Rob
5. Rosaluma - not sure if this should be higher. In all honesty, I can beat most, but it's an annoying fight regardless with luma absorbing so much.

edit: debating on whether or not yoshi deserves a spot. Falco as well(I play a lot of Lucario. He loves interrupting my glowing ball of death ...and redirecting it.). It's hard to find a decent one, but when you do...

Falawful

1. Rosalina
2. Little Mac
3. ZSS
4. Robin
5. Yoshi

All these are due to either being difficult to punish or because they spam stupid things that shouldn't work but do D:

Edit: ZSS, I forgot ZSS. Ugh.

Azure J

All these ZSS, Greninja and Rosaluma mentions when I'm learning/playing/maining all three... :lol

Little Mac, Samus, Wario, Mario and Lucinas are annoying. The latter especially since whenever I play Marth someone counterpicks me with her like that's just going to magically make me bad at Marth.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Apologies if this has been beaten to death without my knowledge but I have a few questions about some awkward changes to the AT roster.

First, Isaac and to a lesser extent Ray. To me these two characters stand out as the assist trophies from Brawl that represent the most prominent unrepresented series at the time (barring Little Mac who's now playable). What happened to them? Characters equally or much moreso obscure like the Devil from Devil World, Dr. Wright, or Saki return. It's possible they'll be on the Wii U version I guess but I can't really imagine a reason, and I remember a friend telling me Isaac's voice actor is credited. So what's going on? I don't want to jump to some kind of on-disc DLC conclusions since that sounds very unlikely to me with characters like Robin/Shulk seemingly covering any ground Isaac would, but it's very awkward to me he's not acknowledged whatsoever.

I also would like to know what's happening with Barbara the Bat. Why does she still have a trophy if she's not even an Assist Trophy anymore? Not only that, one of the 60 pieces of headgear is her hat. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of the other options besides Waluigi are inspired by assist trophies. Is this some kind of iconic, beloved character overseas or something? And if that's the case, well... what happened to her AT?

Just some very weird happenings with the assist selection, wondering if anyone knows anything that I don't.

Wait? Did Isaac spoke in Brawl as Assist Trophy? Yeah, the situation around with those characters were strange so I wonder if they didn't have time to include all assist trophies in the game so they had to cut them at last minutes or so.

Or they would work way better with 60fps so that would meant Wii U exclusive assist trophies, I Guess?

Top Bottom