• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

TheOGB

Banned
GGs man, your Dr Mario is pretty good, but you got pretty predictable rolling towards me in close quarters every time lol.
Yeah, good games. And you're right, I gotta learn some new approaches. I can't keep running in and getting hit in the face forever :p

It is incredibly frustrating when I try to do an up special and it reads it as a side special. There seems to be a huge range on the circle pad for it to read it as "side" and it seems like you have to be exactly up/down for it to read it as such. I just got through 3 For Glory matches where I lost simply because as I was trying to recover, the game saw my upward diagonal direction on the circle pad as side instead of up.

That said, I'm not sure why some people would want to use the d-pad for movement. I think it would be worse than the circle pad.

alright protip guys

so I've been really, really careful to avoid any control pad problems but today after a few rounds online my shit finally started to rub against its casing, which makes the pad feel gummy and unresponsive. Like someone spilled something sticky on it.

To prevent this from being a problem, or to prevent it from ever happening, here's what I did - I found an old card sleeve, cut off a quarter sized round piece of plastic, and cut a slit down the center halfway, with a little hole in the center. I stuck it under my pad and it's better than new. I suggest that everyone here who plays this game regularly does something lke this.

Just got it. Is there seriously no way to remap the movement to the dpad instead of the circle pad? I checked the control options and it wasn't there. I really don't want to play with that awful circle pad. :/
"shit, this tylenol isn't helping my headache at all. Anyone got a shotgun?"

TheOGB

Banned
Can someone perhaps answer this... Why would I ever sell any equipment? I don't understand why that would be there....
If you get a lot of the same kind of equipment, but with different stat boosts. Like, if you two (or five...) Super Brawn Badges and you only use the one that's +37 Att and -28 Def. You could keep that one and sell off the others.

I love it when you're beat someone and then they switch to Little Mac. Like, everyone has a pocket Little Mac when they get salty it seems.

Half of my matchups have had someone use Little Mac.

The other half, Greninja.

And I'm sitting over here maining fucking Ganondorf.

jrDev

I love it when you're beat someone and then they switch to Little Mac. Like, everyone has a pocket Little Mac when they get salty it seems.

Haha, that's Mack's my go to main :p

tell me about it

fools think they can take Shulk with Bowser or Mac after they've exhausted all other options

not a chance

Good shit, Falawful! You got me in a rhythm, seeing that you're the best reflector-user that I've played! I thought you wouldn't catch half of those Aura Spheres lmao

EDIT: I was just as surprised as you that I recovered from that meteor haha

Falawful

Good shit, Falawful! You got me in a rhythm, seeing that you're the best reflector-user that I've played! I thought you wouldn't catch half of those Aura Spheres lmao

EDIT: I was just as surprised as you that I recovered from that meteor haha

Yeah that match was intense! I saved the replay just because of the meteor shenanigans.

Also I hate camping with Fox's lasers like that, sorry, I was just trying to find an answer for Luc's nigh-unpunishable rolls lol

I'm on no hammers. Last character I have to beat Classic with is Shiek. Last one for 100-man is Little Mac. It feels like things are speeding up. Trophies are like diamonds.

I have a feeling that I wouldn't last half a minute under For Glory. Anyone else?
I have over 300 matches in For Glory. There are people of all skill levels. I had a 20 win streak against one guy today. I am sure you could stand a fighting chance against him.

Anth0ny

50% FD 50% Battlefield would be sick.

The next step is battlefield versions of every stage, or better yet, unique, neutral versions of each stage. I'd buy the fuck outta that DLC.

Top Bottom