• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Why do people like Battlefield? It's boring at best.

Because you have to play differently and it plays to different characters' strengths. Personally I think Smashville is a great in-between.

Having a competitive version of every stage is an excellent idea that was a tad bit handled poorly, and I don't blame Sakurai for it, I blame a meme nearly as old as "All your base are belong to us" that made fun of competitive players and made everybody assume they only played on FD.

Azure J

50% FD 50% Battlefield would be sick.

The next step is battlefield versions of every stage, or better yet, unique, neutral versions of each stage. I'd buy the fuck outta that DLC.

I've mentioned it before but alt stage forms would be so godlike if they went with versions based on the best neutrals/counterpicks in the series.

Alpha: Battlefield
Beta: Dreamland 64 (higher platforms, larger blast zone than Battlefield)
Gamma: Yoshi's Story Melee (complete with a themed Randall for each variant form)
Sigma: Fountain of Dreams (Rising and sinking platforms)
Theta: Smashville Brawl
Omega: Final Destination

I'd imagine you'd come up with a better list though.

Neiteio

Is anyone playing For Glory?

because people on Reddit are claiming it's now possible to get Battlefield from the random selection and as badly as I want to believe them I'm calling BS.
This is amazing -- from that Reddit link:

1 Then Sakurai was led by the Iwata into the wilderness to be hassled by the critics. 2 After working forty days and forty nights, he was tired. 3 The critics came to him and said, “If you are the Son of Nintendo, tell these new games to become Melee.”

4 Sakurai answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on Melee alone, but on every game that comes from the mouth of Nintendo.’”

5 Then the critics took him to the brawl and had him stand on the Final Destination. 6 “If you are the Son of Nintendo,” he said, “throw yourself down and trip. For it is written:

“‘They will command their Community concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot and trip over the criticism.’”

7 Sakurai answered them, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Community your Fans to the test.’”

8 Again, the critics took him to a very popular social media site and showed him all the cat pictures of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this we will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship us.”

10 Sakurai said to him, “Away from me, critics! For it is written: ‘Have you ever made a game?’”

11 Then the critics left him, and those creepy angels from Palutena's army in Kid Icarus: Uprising came and attended him.

Codeblue

it has platforms

i fucking love platforms man

I was going to write something about approach options, adding vertical elements to combat, variety, and promoting an offensive style more than a flat plane, but I think you summed it up pretty well.

Platforms are rad.

HiroTSK5

Good games Hiro.

I'm relatively salty, so I got what I asked for. A lot of fun was had.

Edit: I just went to take a picture of my Mii, exited out when I decided to remove the headgear, and was met with the 1000 battle milestone via "No Contest", how disappointing.

Because you have to play differently and it plays to different characters' strengths. Personally I think Smashville is a great in-between.

Having a competitive version of every stage is an excellent idea that was a tad bit handled poorly, and I don't blame Sakurai for it, I blame a meme nearly as old as "All your base are belong to us" that made fun of competitive players and made everybody assume they only played on FD.

I think the Japanese community is the one that only plays on FD.

Kangi

So... why does the fire portion of Ness' down throw not work on Mr. Game & Watch? It only does 4% on him instead of 9%.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
god, I just realised that Smash Solo is not the same as Classic mode. I never quite understood what people were talking about when they said "beat at level 3" etc. lol

what a dumbass

ProphessorX

Neo Member
Some match ups just completely destroy my Ganon. Mostly because of projectiles, shielding as a response, getting grabbed, etc.

Running shielding was usually how I approached these characters and it works sometimes to get close enough and force CQC.

But when people know what they're doing with Link and Megaman, they zone the crap out of me. Recently Ness as well. Although some just PK fire throw fair all day, I still can't initiate a good mind game with Ganon. His f and dtilt have deceptive range and good knock back and his side b choke grab is good for countering and shield-happy characters, but other than that I need to work on chasing characters off the stage and gimping with that bair.

Also up air is very good and nair as well for spacing.

Can anyone clarify the "Get 300 KOs in Smash" challenge for me? Does that *only* refer to Smash mode in the main menu? If so, that's a huge bummer.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Can anyone clarify the "Get 300 KOs in Smash" challenge for me? Does that *only* refer to Smash mode in the main menu? If so, that's a huge bummer.

Smash and Online Mode. If you are not fan of multiplayer, then you can set it 2.0 damages, 99 stocks and use Little Mac

Little Mac will bulldozing his path to victory easily.

Jado

Banned
Yesterday was really rough in For Glory. Somehow got a long string of very tough opponents. It's like the game noticed I played really well on Saturday and decided to move me up a tier and I just wasn't ready. First time I seriously questioned why I was even playing. So frustrating. Match-ups are completely random, right?

Btw -- I now know why people say this game too defense-focused. I played a Lucario who couldn't trade blows with my G&W. After several losses, he switched up to running away, roll abusing, teleporting/dashing left and right, projectile spamming, etc. It actually worked more than half the time. Really annoying.

RomanceDawn

This is amazing -- from that Reddit link:

1 Then Sakurai was led by the Iwata into the wilderness to be hassled by the critics. 2 After working forty days and forty nights, he was tired. 3 The critics came to him and said, “If you are the Son of Nintendo, tell these new games to become Melee.”

4 Sakurai answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on Melee alone, but on every game that comes from the mouth of Nintendo.’”

5 Then the critics took him to the brawl and had him stand on the Final Destination. 6 “If you are the Son of Nintendo,” he said, “throw yourself down and trip. For it is written:

“‘They will command their Community concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot and trip over the criticism.’”

7 Sakurai answered them, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Community your Fans to the test.’”

8 Again, the critics took him to a very popular social media site and showed him all the cat pictures of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this we will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship us.”

10 Sakurai said to him, “Away from me, critics! For it is written: ‘Have you ever made a game?’”

11 Then the critics left him, and those creepy angels from Palutena's army in Kid Icarus: Uprising came and attended him.

Man i'm cracking up here! Hahaha!

So is Battle Field in For Glory now? I haven't checked myself yet.

emb

Yea I have no idea. It through me for a loop because the time spent in the throw is nearly halved.
That's really weird. Reminds me of Bowser's down throw not working on G&W (and Puff) in Melee. I doubt it would be for the same reason though.

RomanceDawn

Curse you Spinosaurus! Keeping up with Shamrock. Shamrock are you available for a few?

Also I have yet to see Battle Field in For Glory. Have I been duped and/or bamboozled?

Quick, semi off-topic question: I'm about to post the thread for the Smash tournament. Would I post that in the Gaming section or the Community section?

RomanceDawn

Aren't those just rumors?

I don't know that's why I'm asking you. Are you telling me the general facts of the game that we all know or do you know for sure that those Redit guys are BSing us?

I just went about 20 matches with no Battle Field on For Glory.

Grexeno

I don't know that's why I'm asking you. Are you telling me the general facts of the game that we all know or do you know for sure that those Redit guys are BSing us?

I just went about 20 matches with no Battle Field on For Glory.
Nothing official has come out that Battlefield is in For Glory now.

Iryx

Just got a Taunt KO in for Glory, Greninjas Water Spray pushed the enemy Little Mac up in the air so his Jolt Haymaker went too far and off the stage.

Top Bottom